Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Great. So what is to investigate about a 17 year-old laughing about farting or liking beer?

You mean a 54 year old lying about farting.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Funny this.
Funny that he "traveled the country facilitating rape and assault prevention lectures, seminars, and workshops for women of all ages", and now he doesn't seem concerned about the very women he's trying to help.
He's more worried about the bravado of men than hte safety of women. Period. Sure, it's his choice.

You're right. It's the last gasp of machismo.

I think this view of manhood is disgusting, TBH. It is an attack on the masculinity of good men who don't make excuses for getting blackout drunk and lying about their behavior.

Upvote 0

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You mean a 54 year old lying about farting.
I take it you are jumping on the sodomy bandwagon. That was back in the early 80's, a lifetime ago, not the wide-open days of 2018. Think about that for even a few seconds.
No one even thought about disgusting things like that. No one. If you even hinted at that kind of behavior in those days, you would have been immediately shunned as a sick pervert, by both boys and girls.
But, belonging to a "Fart Club" was funny, and something you would have been seen as "cool" for writing about in a yearbook.... or wherever it was.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I take it you are jumping on the sodomy bandwagon. That was back in the early 80's, a lifetime ago, not the wide-open days of 2018.

I was a teenager in the 1980s. Only a little younger than Kavanaugh and we were aware of all sorts of stuff. Don't act like the kids of the 80s, were naive young cherubs like the kids in the 50s.

And the term doesn't just apply to anal sex. It also refers to consumption of alcohol though the rectum. I don't know whether Kavanaugh engaged in either activity, but he lied when he claimed it was a reference to farting. Just like Devil's Triangle, Ralph Club and Renate alumnus.

Think about that for even a few seconds.
No one even thought about disgusting things like that. No one. If you even hinted at that kind of behavior in those days, you would have been immediately shunned as a sick pervert, by both boys and girls.

LOL I was in high school back then and none of what you've written is true.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I take it you are jumping on the sodomy bandwagon.

It's 2018. Who hasn't jumped on the sodomy bandwagon at least once?

That was back in the early 80's, a lifetime ago, not the wide-open days of 2018. Think about that for even a few seconds.
But, belonging to a "Fart Club" was funny, and something you would have been seen as "cool" for writing about in a yearbook.... or wherever it was.

Are you really trying to portray the 1980s as sexually innocent and naive? Seriously?

Back when rock stars routinely took girlfriends barely out of middle school? Are you familiar with the Motley Crue "Spaghetti Incident"? Ted Nugent took guardianship of Pele Massa in 1978. Full Metal Jacket was released in 1987 and a substantial portion of that movie is jokes about gay sex.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,683.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Ahhhh wanting to play games, ok then where is the irrefutable proof that the opinion article you posted is 100% accurate?

Which opinion article are you referring to?

(This should be good)...

What's good about another transparent attempt to avoid backing up your assertions?

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which opinion article are you referring to?

What's good about another transparent attempt to avoid backing up your assertions?

The one you posted where they used anonymous sources for their supposedly impeccable information. It turns out it was the Senate who dictated what the terms and scope of the investigation was supposed to be. The results of any FBI background check are supposed to be kept confidential. And you know anything incriminating against Kavanaugh would have "leaked" by now so the logical conclusion is the expanded background check found nothing.

• Agree
Reactions: Willie T
Upvote 0

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It's 2018. Who hasn't jumped on the sodomy bandwagon at least once?

Are you really trying to portray the 1980s as sexually innocent and naive? Seriously?

Back when rock stars routinely took girlfriends barely out of middle school? Are you familiar with the Motley Crue "Spaghetti Incident"? Ted Nugent took guardianship of Pele Massa in 1978. Full Metal Jacket was released in 1987 and a substantial portion of that movie is jokes about gay sex.
We are not talking about whether or not queers existed then. Of course they did. They existed in Biblical times, and the Bible, itself, tells us about it.

BUT, we ARE discussing if a boy who wanted to be popular would have subjected himself to ridicule and shunning by writing in a yearbook that he also engaged in those vile practices all his friends abhorred as being nothing but totally perverted. I say it is close to insane to think that would ever happen.

Even Ford's own testimony shows how much anything out of the sphere of "normal" consensual sex was hidden. She says she wouldn't even breath a word of the alleged incident to ANYONE... not even her best friend. And, her claims are mild ("He groped me.") compared to what you are trying to claim Kavanaugh bragged openly about in written form that all the school, his teachers, his friends, and even his parents would almost certainly see.

Emotional fervor has overtaken rational assessment in the Left.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The FBI was the one tasked with looking into the claims. Too bad Trump limited what they could investigate. Weird choice, given how sure he must have been that there was nothing bad to find.
Not only that, but the Senators were forbidden to reveal what the report said, although some of them did say it did NOT exonerate him.

And you know anything incriminating against Kavanaugh would have "leaked" by now so the logical conclusion is the expanded background check found nothing.
I don't know anything of the kind. Some people leak, others do not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,683.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The one you posted where they used anonymous sources for their supposedly impeccable information.

You claimed it was an opinion piece. Now you're saying it was reporting from an anonymous source. Why the backpedaling?

It turns out it was the Senate who dictated what the terms and scope of the investigation was supposed to be.

Citation needed.

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You claimed it was an opinion piece. Now you're saying it was reporting from an anonymous source. Why the backpedaling?

Citation needed.

It is an opinion piece or maybe better yet a composed piece since that's the only time anonymous sources are used. ^_^

Try reading the Atlantic periodically or better yet use your search engine to find the refuting article I mentioned. Shouldn't be too hard to type in "Senate dictated terms of FBI investigation into Kavanaugh", that is unless plausible ignorance is preferable.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,683.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It is an opinion piece or maybe better yet a composed piece since that's the only time anonymous sources are used.

Still can't make up your mind on how exactly you want to try and discredit the reporting, I see.

Try reading the Atlantic periodically or better yet use your search engine to find the refuting article I mentioned. Shouldn't be too hard to type in "Senate dictated terms of FBI investigation into Kavanaugh", that is unless plausible ignorance is preferable.

Not my job to do your work for you, and given that search result returns articles saying that the White House limited the probe, I'm not sure you want me to.

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not my job to do your work for you, and given that search result returns articles saying that the White House limited the probe, I'm not sure you want me to.

I'm positive you should do the search but I know you don't really want to.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And that is mainly thanks to the snotty personal attitudes of those around here calling themselves feminists.

Thank goodness we don't have any in our church.

Maybe most of them don't even go to church?

M-Bob

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't understand how anyone could've come away from the Kavanaugh hearings with this opinion if they weren't already predisposed to favoring Republicans.

Also, who is this guy? He's written a couple self-help books that have gotten almost zero traction. He's got no reviews on Goodreads and only a handful of (probably fake) ones on Amazon. His Facebook and Twitter accounts are nothing but silly feel-good slogans.
Interesting that a man is defining feminism.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank goodness we don't have any in our church.

Maybe most of them don't even go to church?

M-Bob
Those uppity women don’t know their places, do they? Shameful.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Those uppity women don’t know their places, do they? Shameful.

That's true.

We support and love and cherish the Proverbs woman.

Believe me they are the best the goats and I know that well.

M-Bob

Upvote 0