Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 6:17 For the great Day of the Lord' s wrath has come and who can stand?
Whose bad understanding?

That the first five Seals were opened by Jesus at His Ascension, is proved by the fact of all the wars, famines, plagues and economic disasters the world has experienced since then. They could hardly have been worse, or mankind would not have survived.
But the clincher is the Fifth Seal, all the martyrs since Stephen have their souls kept under the Altar in heaven.
Whose 'tradition' do you follow?
Jesus.

No Seals have been opened, but you carry on, no use changing these wild ideas now.......

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sorry, but it is VERY improper to bring something from chapter 12 back to chapter 6. Worse yet, it is silly. The 6th seal is just one of 7 seals preventing the book from being opened. What you read in chapter 12 is INSIDE the book. It is impossible then that anything in chapter 12 refers back to something in chapter 6. Simply impossible. Until the 7th seal is opened, the book is not going to be opened, and no trumpet will be sounded.
You are actually speaking about a timeline - but never mention it as such. Your timeline begins back in first century because you interpret the rider on the white horse as Jesus.

Your approach is flawed because you do not place events on the 7 years timeline. Which the events revealed when the seals were opened, and trumpet events revealed and the vials of wrath revealed - take place on the 7 years timeline of the 70th week.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No Seals have been opened, but you carry on, no use changing these wild ideas now.......
The seals have been opened to reveal events to take place during the 7 years 70th week.

Until you guys start talking in terms of events, as they take place on the 7 years timeline, this forum is going to be saturated with confusion.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That the first five Seals were opened by Jesus at His Ascension, is proved by the fact of all the wars, famines, plagues and economic disasters the world has experienced since then. They could hardly have been worse, or mankind would not have survived.
But the clincher is the Fifth Seal, all the martyrs since Stephen have their souls kept under the Altar in heaven.
Flawed. We are not living in the 70th week yet.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are not living in the 70th week yet.

Based on Matthew 10:5-7, and Romans 16:1, and Galatians 1:14-18, the Gospel was taken "first" to the "house of Israel" for a period of about 7 years, before Paul began his ministry to the Gentiles.

The angel Gabriel did not mention a "gap" in the 490 year prophecy of Daniel chapter 9.

The only way to see the 70th week of Daniel is with a time machine set to return you to the first century.

Daniel Chapter 9: Dr. Kelly Varner

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave L

Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can't do that

You can't say you believe Satan will be bound for a 1,000 years but deny that Christ will reign with His saints a 1,000 years. That is to play scripture hopscotch.
Satan is bound by the gospel. But only the born again can see the kingdom now present. It is spiritual. There is no future physical millennial kingdom.

• Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Billy Evmur

Brother
Supporter
Jul 25, 2018
London
Visit site
✟83,171.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So what compendium would the vast repository of Scriptural and historical evidence of the fulfillments of Jesus' prophecies and predictions in Matthew 24 represent?
So it's time to answer this.

Matthew:24. is indeedee a compendium, yessir, a compendium of questions and a compendium of answers.
The diciples asled the Master 3 distinct and different questions and He answers them all...this is where the Preterist gets all mixed up.

The disciples had remarked upon the temple and it's grand structure to which the Lord had replied that it would be reduced to rubble.

They then came to Him privately and asked
"when shall these things be
and what shall be the sign of Thy coming
and of the end of the world.?"

The little apocalypse, or the Olivet discourse as Matt.24. is known sets out to answer each of these questions in turn. He deals with what happened in 70ad, what will be the sign of His coming [yet future] and concerning the end of the world [yet more distant future]

People confuse the sayings "end of the age" with the saying "end of the world"

When Jesus comes again it is not the end of the world, it is the end of this present age....there is yet an age to come. The Millennium age.

Upvote 0

Billy Evmur

Brother
Supporter
Jul 25, 2018
London
Visit site
✟83,171.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Satan is bound by the gospel. But only the born again can see the kingdom now present. It is spiritual. There is no future physical millennial kingdom.

I don't think the devil is bound dear brother...Peter didn't think so, he said he walks around as a roaring lion seeking someone to devour...when I read the things going on in the supposedly Christian nations of the world I think Peter is right...right?

Upvote 0

Billy Evmur

Brother
Supporter
Jul 25, 2018
London
Visit site
✟83,171.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm the 2nd who agrees with BAB2's interpretation, and not the last.

In my Bible the book's name is Revelation. Is yours different?

I know, and know of, plenty of rich Jews. They're in there too.

Here's what my Bible says about antichrist(s). Not a one with a capital A:

1 John 2:18
Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

1 John 2:22
Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3
And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2 John 1:7
For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

No reference to invasion or Jerusalem.

Futurist fantasy.

My bible is the same as yours...but my understanding of it is different. youbetcha

The Revelation of Jesus Christ...it is not a revelation concerning Jesus Christ, it is the Revelation of Jesus Christ i.e. when He is revealed from Heaven, when He comes again. Like when Paul talks about the revelation of the sons of God.

The Revelator says "I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day"

It wasn't Sunday :)

John was taken in the Spirit to witness events in the Lord's day [not a 24 hr day] and the large bulk of Revelations concerns just that. All the speculation that goes on...the church wain't even BE there, not on earth anyways.

Upvote 0

Billy Evmur

Brother
Supporter
Jul 25, 2018
London
Visit site
✟83,171.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh;
Rom 2:29 but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God.

We'll agree that the descendants of Isaac are Jews, Ishmael was the product of Abe's loin but he is not a Jew.

It was the seed of Isaac that rejected Christ.

They have stumbled, whoever disagrees with that? but they have not stumbled so as to fall.

Those who were rejected will be accepted says Paul, those who were diminished will attain to the fulness, those who were grafted out will be grafted back in.

And Paul's upshot is? So ALL Israel will be saved...say aren't you glad about that? why wouldn't you be glad about that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave L

Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think the devil is bound dear brother...Peter didn't think so, he said he walks around as a roaring lion seeking someone to devour...when I read the things going on in the supposedly Christian nations of the world I think Peter is right...right?
You are adding to Revelation if you think Satan should be bound more than from deceiving the nations. Preaching the gospel in the whole world binds Satan to the extent John says he is bound.

Upvote 0

Billy Evmur

Brother
Supporter
Jul 25, 2018
London
Visit site
✟83,171.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Revelation 6:17 For the great Day of the Lord' s wrath has come and who can stand?
Whose bad understanding?

Amill bleeves that the kingdom of peace has come...here you's saying the first thing Jesus did was start up wars...isn't that a mixed up?

Upvote 0

Billy Evmur

Brother
Supporter
Jul 25, 2018
London
Visit site
✟83,171.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are adding to Revelation if you think Satan should be bound more than from deceiving the nations. Preaching the gospel in the whole world binds Satan to the extent John says he is bound.

Nah...you'll need to come up with something better.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Amill bleeves that the kingdom of peace has come...here you's saying the first thing Jesus did was start up wars...isn't that a mixed up?
You are confusing Amillennialism with Postmillennialism.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Billy Evmur

Brother
Supporter
Jul 25, 2018
London
Visit site
✟83,171.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
On a study of mine, a group study, we discovered there are really no missing tribles. During the period where Assyria toted off the 10 tribes of the Northern Kingdom most assume wrongly they have been lost for evermore or mixed with others in Europe, but the facts go more like this.

The Northern Kingdoms were allowed to be taken captive because they were evil, practicing witchcraft, worshipping false gods etc. etc. Some of the tribe of Judah who like this kind of lifestyle no doubt migrated to the Northern Kingdom, and likewise the tribe of Levi left the Northern Kingdom and went to Judah so a not to be amongst such evils in the land. What we came to believe/understand through much studies is if you were of God, you did not want to raise you families amongst such evil, so you migrated to Judah, and if you reveled in such deviant behavior you might have migrated to the Northern Kingdoms !! So we came to the conclusion that all the tribes of Israel were in Judah when they were carried away unto Babylon, all of the 10 tribes that were carried off had seed that lived in Judah. So there is actually no 10 lost tribes, the Jews are now Israel in full. Al of the seed are known as Jews.

Yes, there will be a 1000 year reign on earth.

Excellent. :)

Upvote 0

Billy Evmur

Brother
Supporter
Jul 25, 2018
London
Visit site
✟83,171.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you go beyond what John says about Satan's binding, you are adding to Revelation.

nonsense...the only power the devil ever had was to deceive, mankind has been destroyed by deception...he's deceiving Christians today.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
nonsense...the only power the devil ever had was to deceive, mankind has been destroyed by deception...he's deceiving Christians today.
Who are the Christians Satan is deceiving? Jesus says we will know the truth and it will set us free.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well he deceived the Galatians bro and that while Paul was still alive, he'd barely left town before the angels of light moved in.
Were these true believers?
“And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.” (John 10:28–29)

Upvote 0