ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The below link will take you to an article that shows a picture of the ISS going across the moon:

The composite image, taken by Italian photographer Alberto Ghizzi Panizza, came from a video he also took that shows the ISS at 17 different points as it sails across the moon, British news agency SWNS reports.

Panizza, 45, said he took the picture at 10:28 Italian time Sunday night, just a few hours after Behnken and Hurley docked with the ISS.

Following historic NASA SpaceX mission, amazing picture shows International Space Station cruising past moon

Purely for the sake of discussion, let's assume that the photograph is legitimate. No fakery, no hoax. The question I have for people who think the ISS is fake - what was actually in the picture he took?

More then that, I have an app on my iPhone that tracks the ISS. I can see where it is in space at any time during the day. What's even more then that, it let's me know when I can see it in the evening cross over the sky.

The craziest thing happens - the app is right. It's accurate. My sons and I have watched it a dozen+ times go across the night sky.

This leads to another question - if it's not actually the ISS, what is it? How is it able to move at such an amazing speed? It takes roughly 90 minutes for the ISS/Object to circle the globe. It travels at over 17,000 mph.

Something is clearly circling the globe. If it's not the ISS, what is it?

Silly Uncle Wayne

Oct 28, 2017
Dublin
✟102,646.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
This leads to another question - if it's not actually the ISS, what is it? How is it able to move at such an amazing speed? It takes roughly 90 minutes for the ISS/Object to circle the globe. It travels at over 17,000 mph.

Something is clearly circling the globe. If it's not the ISS, what is it?
spider on the lens :)

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I have my own photos, and i know at least three things for now.

1. what ever is the ISS, it is not moving at 17,000mph
2. it is not 250 miles up in the air
3. it is not being lit by the sun, it has a large light, that is turned on and off.

DSCN6648+.jpg

DSCN6645+.jpg

DSCN6653+.jpg

DSCN6764+.jpg

DSCN6763+.jpg

DSCN6767+.jpg

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I have my own photos, and i know at least three things for now.

1. what ever is the ISS, it is not moving at 17,000mph
2. it is not 250 miles up in the air
3. it is not being lit by the sun, it has a large light, that is turned on and off.

You’ll need to do better than make blind, unsupported assertions.

1. How have you calculated it’s speed?

2. how have you calculated it’s height - how high is it?

3. how do you know it’s not reflecting any sunlight? And how do you know it has a bright light?

• Informative
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You’ll need to do better than make blind, unsupported assertions.

1. How have you calculated it’s speed?

2. how have you calculated it’s height - how high is it?

3. how do you know it’s not reflecting any sunlight? And how do you know it has a bright light?

So this iss is supposed to be traveling at 17,000 mph but i can record it for over 5 minutes and it still has not left Ms. My estimate is it is faster than a plane at 500mph. So somewhere between 1000mph may be some faster.

So I am able to record something about the size of an airplane 250 mile high. That would be like recording from where i live in central ms all the way to the gulf coast. Not likely

The pictures speak for themselves that is a light.

I have just found a ISS tracker that will give me accurate times. So i will have plenty of other recordings and i will get better at recording this thing. I am not even fully zoomed out with my camera, when i get used to recording i will get closer images and better images. I will find out what this thing is.

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
This, Convert Miles Per Hour to Miles Per Minute, page.
Miles Per Hour to Miles Per Minute | Kyle's Converter

It can be seen that something traveling just 2500 mph will travel 41 miles per minute. So in 5 minutes the object will go 205 miles. That would put when i began viewing something traveling at 2500 mph in just five minutes over close to Texarkana Texas.

So really if this ISS was traveling 17,000 mph more than likely, it would look like a one of the streaks of light, that people call a shooting star. It would be just blur of light.

• Haha
Reactions: FenderTL5
Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
This, Convert Miles Per Hour to Miles Per Minute, page.
Miles Per Hour to Miles Per Minute | Kyle's Converter

It can be seen that something traveling just 2500 mph will travel 41 miles per minute. So in 5 minutes the object will go 205 miles. That would put when i began viewing something traveling at 2500 mph in just five minutes over close to Texarkana Texas.

So really if this ISS was traveling 17,000 mph more than likely, it would look like a one of the streaks of light, that people call a shooting star. It would be just blur of light.
No, it wouldn’t. It would look exactly like it does when you can see it at night.

Depending on the ISS tracker app you downloaded, it will show you the precise trajectory, along with the viewable dates in your area, and even where in the sky you can see it and for how many minutes you can see it at your spot.

You see, all that data is available because we know the object is 254 miles up and moving 4.76 miles per second.

We know the size of the round earth, and we know that at its speed it takes about 90 minutes to circle the globe.

It’s amazing how.... it works. It’s trackable.

I find it nothing short of laughable that you actually even take yourself seriously when you go out and look at it moving and with your naked eye think you can gauge its height and speed. What advanced degree do you have that gives you credibility?

Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
They all ready have an audience, 80% or more of the earths population believe the moon is 230,000+ miles out in space. So these people already can not judge distance and have been taken in by science and government. So take something a little smaller than a commercial jet plane, fly it a little faster and a little higher light it up with a bright light and there is the iss.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
At 5000 mph the iss would travel 83 miles per minute.
At 8000 mph the iss travels 133 miles per minute
At 10,000 mph the iss travels 166 miles per minute
At 1000 mph the iss will travel 16 miles per minute.

The last set of numbers matches closest to what is see, when viewing the iss.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
At 5000 mph the iss would travel 83 miles per minute.
At 8000 mph the iss travels 133 miles per minute
At 10,000 mph the iss travels 166 miles per minute
At 1000 mph the iss will travel 16 miles per minute.

The last set of numbers matches closest to what is see, when viewing the iss.
Unless the ISS is 254 miles up. Then what you're seeing is it traveling at 4.76 miles per second. That is how fast it would need to be traveling to circle the globe in roughly 90 minutes.

d taylor, you do realize that you're just some guy, with no astronomical education who's looking up at the sky, seeing an object move quickly across it and going (I picture this in a thick country voice) "yup, that sucker is only going 1000 mph, that's for sure"

I mean really, why should anyone take what you're saying seriously?

Using the "ISS Spotter" which is a free app, you can see it's precise location at this minute, you can see it's trajectory, and then on the "forecast" tab you can see when the upcoming passes are that go over where you are. You can see the angle it will be going over and how long it will be visible for.

It's crazy how.... how it works. It's crazy how if the ISS is 254 miles up, and traveling at 4.76 miles per second that it all... lines up perfectly with this app and 100% of all other apps that are tracking it.

But no, all the apps are wrong. Because... your eyeball tells you so.

• Agree
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,462.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Today looking at the iss finder. looking to see if there was a fly over the next few days.

And i noticed there were no passes in America after looking at several locations, then i decided to look at other countries. So i looked at areas like england, russia china, and a few other areas and could not find any viewable passes. But when i went below the black line on the posted map, i found all the viewable passes below the black line.

map world.JPG

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Get the free app “satellite tracker” that’s a good one and it shows you the real-time path of it in two different models - a 3D globe as well as a 2d map.

I know you have zero astronomical education so it may be hard for you to understand how it orbits. That should help.

Upvote 0