The interpretation of 1 John 3: ALL OF IT.

psalm911

Feb 26, 2019
kingston
✟6,171.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1 John 3 King James Version (KJV)
3 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

AS IT IS WRITTEN:

He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as GOD.

3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

4 Whosoever DOES NOT BELIEVE transgresseth also the law OF FAITH: BECAUSE NOT BELIEVING is the transgression of the law OF FAITH.

5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no LIE.

6 Whosoever abideth in him BELIEVES: whosoever DOES NOT BELIEVE hath not seen him, neither known him.

7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth THE WORK OF GOD BY FAITH is righteous, even as he is righteous.

8 He that DOES NOT BELIEVE is of MAN; BECAUSE MAN DID NOT BELIEVE from the beginning. BECAUSE this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the CHILDREN of MAN.

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not FALL AWAY FROM THE FAITH; BECAUSE GOD'S COMMANDMENTS remaineth in him: and he CAN NOT FALL AWAY FROM THE FAITH, because he is born of God.

10 In this the children of God are SEEN, and the children of MAN: whosoever doeth not THE WORK OF GOD BY FAITH is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

11 BECAUSE this is the COMMANDMENT that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

AS IT IS WRITTEN:

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye loveone another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

12 Not as Cain, who was of MAN, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were OF MAN, and his brother's OF GOD.

13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.

14 We know that we have passed from MAN unto CHRIST, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in MAN.

15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer OF CHRIST: and ye know that no murderer hath THE SPIRIT OF GOD BUT THE SPIRIT OF MAN.

16 Hereby perceive we the love of CHRIST, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

AS IT IS WRITTEN:

Whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

17 But whoso hath this world's LIGHT, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of CHRIST in him?

AS IT IS WRITTEN:

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
For I was an hungred FOR THE WORD, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty FOR THE WORD, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me INTO THE HOUSE OF GOD:
Naked, and ye clothed me WITH THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF CHRIST: I was sick WITH SIN, and ye visited me: I was in prison TO MAN, and ye came unto me.
Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

18 My little children, let us not love IN WRITING IT, neither in SAYING IT; but in PREACHING THE GOSPEL.

19 And hereby we know that we are of CHRIST, and shall assure our hearts before him.

20 BECAUSE if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth IT'S SECRETS.

21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.

22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in THE SPIRIT OF GOD, and THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST in him. And hereby we know that CHRIST abideth in us, by the Spirit OF LOVE TOWARD THE BRETHREN which he hath given us.

BECAUSE in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which WORKS by love OF THE BRETHREN.

Last edited:

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
3 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

AS IT IS WRITTEN:

2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as GOD.

3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

4 Whosoever DOES NOT BELIEVE transgresseth also the law OF FAITH: BECAUSE NOT BELIEVING is the transgression of the law OF FAITH.

5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no LIE.

6 Whosoever abideth in him BELIEVES: whosoever DOES NOT BELIEVE hath not seen him, neither known him.

7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth THE WORK OF GOD BY FAITH is righteous, even as he is righteous.

8 He that DOES NOT BELIEVE is of MAN; BECAUSE MAN DID NOT BELIEVE from the beginning. BECAUSE this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the CHILDREN of MAN.

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not FALL AWAY FROM THE FAITH; BECAUSE GOD'S COMMANDMENTS remaineth in him: and he CAN NOT FALL AWAY FROM THE FAITH, because he is born of God.

10 In this the children of God are SEEN, and the children of MAN: whosoever doeth not THE WORK OF GOD BY FAITH is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

11 BECAUSE this is the COMMANDMENT that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

AS IT IS WRITTEN:

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye loveone another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

12 Not as Cain, who was of MAN, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were OF MAN, and his brother's OF GOD.

14 We know that we have passed from MAN unto THE SON OF GOD, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in MAN.

15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer OF CHRIST: and ye know that no murderer hath THE SPIRIT OF GOD BUT THE SPIRIT OF MAN.

16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

AS IT IS WRITTEN:

Whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

17 But whoso hath this world's good NEWS, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

18 My little children, let us not love IN WRITING IT, neither in SAYING IT; but in PREACHING THE GOSPEL.

19 And hereby we know that we are of CHRIST, and shall assure our hearts before him.

20 BECAUSE if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth IT'S SECRETS.

22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in CHRIST, and THE FAITH OF CHRIST in him. And hereby we know that THE FAITH OF CHRIST abideth in us, by the Spirit OF LOVE TOWARD THE BRETHREN which he hath given us.

BECAUSE in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which WORKS by love OF THE BRETHREN.

Why are you rewriting the bible to suit your personal beliefs?

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

AS IT IS WRITTEN:

AS IT IS WRITTEN:

14 We know that we have passed from MAN unto THE SON OF GOD, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in MAN.

16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

AS IT IS WRITTEN:

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

17 But whoso hath this world's good NEWS, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in CHRIST, and THE FAITH OF CHRIST in him. And hereby we know that THE FAITH OF CHRIST abideth in us, by the Spirit OF LOVE TOWARD THE BRETHREN which he hath given us.

You state this several times: AS IT IS WRITTEN
yet you are changing texts as they are written, adding your interpretations to many.

Upvote 0

Mathetes66

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Pacifc Northwest
✟90,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here is just one example.

I John 3:2 KJV Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him AS HE IS.

That is the KJV translated verse. No other translation has 'for we shall see Him as God.' It is not any of the Greek manuscripts.

Psalm 911: "How did I change the meaning of the text?"

Proverbs 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, & thou be found a liar.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I John 3:2 KJV Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him AS HE IS.

That is the KJV translated verse. No other translation has 'for we shall see Him as God.' It is not any of the Greek manuscripts.

Proverbs 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, & thou be found a liar.
Im confused. My KJV in translated the same as NASB and NIV.

1 John 3:2 King James Version (KJV)
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

1 John 3:2 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
2 Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.

1 John 3:2 New International Version (NIV)
2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears,[a] we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mathetes66

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Pacifc Northwest
✟90,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No confusion necessary W2L. The Greek text reads the same in all three of those translations. However the OP of this thread changed then ending in his post from 'as He is' to as God. That is the actual confusion.

Deut 12:32 See that you do everything I command you; do not add to it or subtract from it.

The danger of adding to or subtracting from God's Holy Word is that this changes it to NOT God's breathed out Scriptures.

A good example is what Eve did when confronted with the deception of the serpent: she both subtracted from & added to God's command. Notice how she did this.

Gen 2:16 And the LORD God commanded him, “You may eat FREELY from every tree of the garden, but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good & evil; for in the day that you eat of it, you will surely die.”

Gen 3:1,2 Now the serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field that the LORD God had made. And he said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat of any tree in the garden?’” The woman answered the serpent, “We may eat the fruit of the trees of the garden, but of the fruit of the tree in the middle of the garden, God has said, ‘You must not eat of it or touch it, or you will die.’”

Eve believed the doubt the serpent introduced about God wanting their best good. The serpent left out the word FREELY. Eve, being deceived also left it out, subtracting from what God ACTUALLY SAID & no longer making it God's command.

Then Eve adds to God's command by saying 'You must not eat of it OR TOUCH IT, or you will die.'

Again changing God's truth for a lie & setting her up for failure. This came out of her own imagination & we know the rest of the story & how it affects us today.

• Informative
Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

psalm911

Feb 26, 2019
kingston
✟6,171.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Matthew 28:19 King James Version (KJV)
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Acts 2:38 King James Version (KJV)
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Did Peter change the meaning of the words of Christ?

Upvote 0

psalm911

Feb 26, 2019
kingston
✟6,171.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Deuteronomy 12:32 King James Version (KJV)
32 What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST, and THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit OF LOVE TOWARD THE BRETHREN which he hath given us.

Upvote 0

Mathetes66

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Pacifc Northwest
✟90,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Again Psalm911 you quote accurately from the KJV in Deut 12:32 but then in I John 3:24 KJV you don't put down what it actually says but add words to it.

I John 3:24 KJV And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

What you wrote:

And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST, and THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit OF LOVE TOWARD THE BRETHREN which he hath given us.

That is dangerous to try and teach Christians what is contrary to God's actual translated Word. Various ones have warned you about this & God's warning in Scripture which you even quote, yet you ignore it & you continue to do it. This is not accidental but pre-meditated & deliberate.

I will no longer post in this thread nor support what you are doing. I can only pray for you to get back on the right track. (2 Tim 3:16,17).

Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
In 1 John 3, John speaks of God's sonship, showing wherein this beauty consists, explaining that fellowship with God implies overcoming sin and doing righteousness, and stating that the Spirit's reassurance overcomes our own heart's condemnation.

They that keep God's commandments abide in God and God in them; and herein we know that God abides in us, from the Spirit whom God has given us.

John emphasizes fellowship's fruit which comes by faith between God and the missionaries. Keeping God's commandments and loving the Church is faith's fruit and evidence of Jesus' presence in the missionary's heart. This evidence is so sure because the Spirit is working love in our hearts. Jesus living in us drives away doubt and fear and fills us with faith's confidence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

psalm911

Feb 26, 2019
kingston
✟6,171.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Again Psalm911 you quote accurately from the KJV in Deut 12:32 but then in I John 3:24 KJV you don't put down what it actually says but add words to it.

I John 3:24 KJV And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

What you wrote:

That is dangerous to try and teach Christians what is contrary to God's actual translated Word. Various ones have warned you about this & God's warning in Scripture which you even quote, yet you ignore it & you continue to do it. This is not accidental but pre-meditated & deliberate.

I will no longer post in this thread nor support what you are doing. I can only pray for you to get back on the right track. (2 Tim 3:16,17).
I know you don't love me nor do you understand me.

Upvote 0