New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"The inner ear is a reverse piano. This insight is design science applied to biology. If you know nothing of the design of harmonic analyzers, you can’t understand how the inner ear works.

There is obviously no Darwinian explanation sufficient to this astonishingly elegant system. It’s beyond even the most fanciful just-so stories. Darwinists don’t even try to explain it. They just hope you won’t notice.

And the reverse-piano harmonic analyzer of the inner ear is obviously best understood as a type of design, using “design” analogically, not univocally. " Michael Egnor
https://evolutionnews.org/2018/06/note-to-thomists-the-ear-is-a-reverse-piano/

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟329,323.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
If it looks like an argument from incredulity, talks like an argument from incredulity, and smells like an argument from incredulity, then it must be an argument from incredulity.

Wake me when ID comes up with something interesting for a change...

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If it looks like an argument from incredulity, talks like an argument from incredulity, and smells like an argument from incredulity, then it must be an argument from incredulity.

Wake me when ID comes up with something interesting for a change...
A rational and wise person should be incredulous when faced with such fairy tales.

Neverthless the incredible design evident is evidence for a designer. As for me and my house, we will aknowledge Him.

• Winner
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is hilarious because the mammalian ear is powerful evidence that mammals evolved from reptiles.
Evidence points towards common origin definitely.
It is a philosophically void thought to work it back and extrapolate the other way however.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Evidence points towards common origin definitely.
It is a philosophically void thought to work it back and extrapolate the other way however.
This riposte is vague and rhetorical, but doesn't actually address my point. Perhaps you're unfamiliar with the evidence. Over time synapsid jaw bones moved and were incorporated into the mammalian ear.
Jaws to ears in the ancestors of mammals
donald-trump-iran-150-billion-and-18-billion-c

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This riposte is vague and rhetorical, but doesn't actually address my point. Perhaps you're unfamiliar with the evidence. Over time synapsid jaw bones moved and were incorporated into the mammalian ear.
Jaws to ears in the ancestors of mammals
donald-trump-iran-150-billion-and-18-billion-c
Marvelous!
Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the concept of design development (as is evident in the fossil record).
Over time the wheels of a motorcar evolved from wooden spoked...

upload_2018-6-13_17-30-31.jpeg

....were incorporated into the control of the air conditioning system.

upload_2018-6-13_17-31-46.jpeg

Forgive me, it's so much fun making up just so stories to fit the ND framework. It just explains everything so well!

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Marvelous!
Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the concept of design development (as is evident in the fossil record).
Over time the wheels of a motorcar evolved from wooden spoked...

....were incorporated into the control of the air conditioning system.

Forgive me, it's so much fun making up just so stories to fit the ND framework. It just explains everything so well!
If you think vehicle components are analogous to living beings I can see why the information I presented is so disconcerting to you.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,229.00
Faith
Atheist
"The inner ear is a reverse piano. This insight is design science applied to biology. If you know nothing of the design of harmonic analyzers, you can’t understand how the inner ear works.

There is obviously no Darwinian explanation sufficient to this astonishingly elegant system. It’s beyond even the most fanciful just-so stories. Darwinists don’t even try to explain it. They just hope you won’t notice.

And the reverse-piano harmonic analyzer of the inner ear is obviously best understood as a type of design, using “design” analogically, not univocally. " Michael Egnor
https://evolutionnews.org/2018/06/note-to-thomists-the-ear-is-a-reverse-piano/
This kind of argument from incredulity & ignorance ("I don't understand how this could happen, therefore goddidit...") can be remedied by learning how such a thing can happen - for example, try Evolutionary Paths to Mammalian Cochleae.

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is hilarious because the mammalian ear is powerful evidence that mammals evolved from reptiles.
me: What do you get when you mate a reptile with a reptile?
evolutionist: Another reptile, of course.
me: What do you get when you mate a reptile with a reptile over millions of years?
evolutionist: A mammal, of course.
me: :scratch:

• Haha
Reactions: xianghua
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
me: What do you get when you mate a reptile with a reptile over millions of years?
That's an absolutely adorable straw man, but "reptile" is actually an outdated taxa while the more accurate phrase would be "amniote". And there were many steps between basal amniotes and synapsids, between synspsids and therapsids, between therapsids and therians and between therians and eutherians.

• Informative
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,199.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,199.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Are you suggesting a gradual, external tinkering is apparent in the history of the diversification of life?

• Agree
Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

That's an absolutely adorable straw man, but "reptile" is actually an outdated taxa while the more accurate phrase would be "amniote". And there were many steps between basal amniotes and synapsids, between synspsids and therapsids, between therapsids and therians and between therians and eutherians.

As you wish...
me: What do you get when you mate a basal amniote with a basal amniote?
evolutionist: Another basal amniote, of course.
me: What do you get when you mate a basal amniote with a basal amniote over millions of years?
evolutionist: A synapsid, of course.

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,199.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
As you wish...
me: What do you get when you mate a basal amniote with a basal amniote over millions of years?

Argument by emoticon?

:sigh:

• Haha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Argument by emoticon?

:sigh:
Not really. I'm still trying to figure out(*) how you guys can say that, for example, when fruitflies mate for thousands of generations you still end up with fruitflies. Yet you can somehow take this leap of faith and say that *eventually* they evolve into something other than fruitflies.

*Ok, so I'm not trying to figure it out so much as point out what seems to me to be an inconsistency in the logic. (But I realize I'm not the expert at logic that you guys are.)

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you think vehicle components are analogous to living beings I can see why the information I presented is so disconcerting to you.
Design developement as a principle applies to anything that is designed.

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are you suggesting a gradual, external tinkering is apparent in the history of the diversification of life?
Either that or a whole heap of mindless mutation that has magically evolved the appearance of design.
Certainly change over time, including a great many new inventions appearing suddenly in the fossil record in a manner and time frame that the favorite mrchanism is incompetent to produce, is evident.

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is really too funny. Does it make you feel more confident in your beliefs to play these semantic games?
Semantics? Design development as a principle is evident wherever there is design.
If biological forms are designed and created over a period of time then it might be expected that we would see a development over that time, perhaps using many of the same components, perhaps using some ideas from other places in different designs.
Nothing about words here simply interpretation of the evidence as it appears.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
As you wish...
Oh. So your "response" to actual evidence in inane shtick. Good luck with that.

• Agree
Upvote 0