United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, God certainly does know.

So do we, because the Holy Spirit through Paul told us:

Romans 2
28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Those are Scriptural criteria for distinguishing the Jew.

They also happen to be Scriptural criteria for distinguishing the Christian.
Paul refers to spiritual Jews, as he would call them true heirs of Abraham, as those who have received Jesus as Messiah.

Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He would have stated that while right now any Jew in order to get saved must receive Jesus as their Lord, just as any gentile does, there is coming a time when the Jews shall have the kingdom set up here on earth, and Jesus ruling over them as King and Lord at time of His second coming.

Based on Matthew 25:1-13, and 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10, nobody will be saved at His Second Coming.
When He returns "in flaming fire" taking vengeance on those who do not know God, their time will be up.

He said they must be ready before the Bridegroom comes.

• Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ezekiel 39:17-20 is Armageddon, yes.

In Ezekiel 39:25-27, is Jesus not referring to the Babylon capitivity, but the 2000 year dispersion into the nations.
Eze 39:25 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name;
Eze 39:26 After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid.
Eze 39:27 When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;

Ezekiel 39:28 is after Armageddon, Jesus having returned and fulfilling Matthew 24:31.

Eze 39:28 Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.
Eze 39:29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

Ezekiel wrote those words about 571 BC, which was during the captivity in Babylon.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Paul refers to spiritual Jews, as he would call them true heirs of Abraham, as those who have received Jesus as Messiah.
True. And according to Romans 2:28-29, the only Jew that God recognizes is the spiritual Jew.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I arrived on the doorsteps a Conservative synagogue with a lingering disbelief of God's existence and no capacity to consider anything beyond that. I found my way back to Him and His Son and the Holy Spirit in that place.

I didn't hear the gospel. I responded to their willingness to embrace me where I was and share their faith. It was love that moved me. And when I saw the table filled with challah and wine a light bulb went off. When we sat down for kiddush luncheon and none could eat until we prayed as one I thought of Paul. Seeing the tallit and tefillin brought the scriptures to life.

Each lesson and experience drew me closer to Him. I delighted in our Shabbat discussions. We were allowed to share our thoughts without correction. We weren't told what to believe. The Holy Spirit directed my steps. He paved the way for my homecoming through Judaism.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I arrived on the doorsteps a Conservative synagogue with a lingering disbelief of God's existence and no capacity to consider anything beyond that. I found my way back to Him and His Son and the Holy Spirit in that place.

I didn't hear the gospel. I responded to their willingness to embrace me where I was and share their faith. It was love that moved me. And when I saw the table filled with challah and wine a light bulb went off. When we sat down for kiddush luncheon and none could eat until we prayed as one I thought of Paul. Seeing the tallit and tefillin brought the scriptures to life.

Each lesson and experience drew me closer to Him. I delighted in our Shabbat discussions. We were allowed to share our thoughts without correction. We weren't told what to believe. The Holy Spirit directed my steps. He paved the way for my homecoming through Judaism.

Biblical Judaism is the promise of the coming Messiah found in the Old Testament Hebrew scriptures. It is the "suffering servant" of Isaiah chapter 53, and the promise of the New Covenant found in Jeremiah 31:31-34, and the Messiah's timeline found in Daniel chapter 9.

Unfortunately, the source of truth of modern Orthodox Judaism is the Babylonian Talmud, which claims Christ is the illegitimate son of Mary and a Roman soldier named Pantera.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Unfortunately, the source of truth of modern Orthodox Judaism is the Babylonian Talmud, which claims Christ is the illegitimate son of Mary and a Roman soldier named Pantera.

How does your statement relate to my post?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How does your statement relate to my post?

Your story seems to say that you found Christ through your interaction with a group of people who are lost, based on the scripture found below.

1Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jn 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Your story seems to say that you found Christ through your interaction with a group of people who are lost, based on the scripture found below.

My testimony clearly states that I found my way back to God, Christ and the Holy Spirit in a Jewish synagogue. And I'm not ashamed of my homecoming or the methods the Lord undertook to bring me back.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My testimony clearly states that I found my way back to God, Christ and the Holy Spirit in a Jewish synagogue. And I'm not ashamed of my homecoming or the methods the Lord undertook to bring me back.

You should not be ashamed of this fact.

After your conversion, did you go back and share Christ with those people from the Hebrew scriptures, as Paul did below, and as the young man in the video is doing?

Act 28:23 And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.
Act 28:24 And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not.

Forbidden Chapter in the Tanakh (Jewish Evangelism)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
After your conversion, did you go back and share Christ with those people from the Hebrew scriptures, as Paul did below, and as the young man in the video is doing?

"Those people" are mine. We are one. I have no further comment.

Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Those people" are mine. We are one.

You seem to be promoting "Dual Covenant" Theology.

Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Gal 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Based on Matthew 25:1-13, and 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10, nobody will be saved at His Second Coming.
When He returns "in flaming fire" taking vengeance on those who do not know God, their time will be up.

He said they must be ready before the Bridegroom comes.

The Jews still alive will have on that day the fountain opened in Jerusalem of salvation, and as per Ezekiel, nation shall be reborn as in a day, as Israel shall be prepared to meet the Messiah now as their King!

Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

They still must come though thru Yeshua the Messiah to be saved!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So? Ezekiel 38-39 is talking about the end times.
Yes, as national Israel has NEVER been a spiritual nation unto the Lord as prophesied in those passages! yet to happen, at the time of the Second Coming.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, as national Israel has NEVER been a spiritual nation unto the Lord as prophesied in those passages! yet to happen, at the time of the Second Coming.

How does God decide who belongs to national Israel? Is it:

1. Citizenship
2. DNA
3. Religion
4. Culture
5. Something else

?

Last edited:
Upvote 0