Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm guessing the other post was meant to shame me, but it doesn't affect me whatsoever. I won't be shamed or lectured for my political support of President Biden. I received continuous grief for 5 years for not politically supporting Trump. I decided awhile ago that I absolutely refuse to take anymore of it. It's just background noise to me now. I've had other people try to shame me, but they've failed.
My hope is some of these people who are clearly bitter and upset today will pause and reflect for moment on how a majority of the country felt exactly 4 years ago to the day and see that we aren’t so different after all.

Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My hope is some of these people who are clearly bitter and upset today will pause and reflect for moment on how a majority of the country felt exactly 4 years ago to the day and see that we aren’t so different after all.

I'm trying to be gracious and overlook the sour grapes that are being tossed in my direction today. It seems as if reality has begun to sink in for some of them and now they're hacked off and are lashing out. I have encountered a few of them online who are posting extremely derogatory comments about President Biden and Vice President Harris. I'm talking about Christians on another Christian board like this one. If the hateful rhetoric I've read elsewhere was posted on CF, then the Christians who posted these comments would be banned. It is that awful, but these hateful comments aren't uncommon.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I'm trying to be gracious and overlook the sour grapes that are being tossed in my direction today. It seems as if reality has begun to sink in for some of them and now they're hacked off and are lashing out. I have encountered a few of them online who are posting extremely derogatory comments about President Biden and Vice President Harris. I'm talking about Christians on another Christian board like this one. If the hateful rhetoric I've read elsewhere was posted on CF, then the Christians who posted these comments would be banned. It is that awful, but these hateful comments aren't uncommon.

I've pretty much been sticking to this thread on CF and another secular forum that is much more liberal than CF, so have shielded myself from the negativity, and I plan to continue in that manner for the rest of the day. :)

Right now I'm enjoying some announcers talking about Bernie Sander's mittens and how he wouldn't have dressed any differently had it been his Inauguration!

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,189,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I've pretty much been sticking to this thread on CF and another secular forum that is much more liberal than CF, so have shielded myself from the negativity, and I plan to continue in that manner for the rest of the day. :)

Right now I'm enjoying some announcers talking about Bernie Sander's mittens and how he wouldn't have dressed any differently had it been his Inauguration!
The man, the myth, the mittens.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Classy.

fark_BgVF7hP91NuaKpQPkWn127k0R7g.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
gATEwAy punDit

ATEAD?

On a more general note, one thing I've noticed about the Inauguration events today is how positive and uplifting they have all been.

• Agree
Reactions: Green Sun
Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
On a more general note, one thing I've noticed about the Inauguration events today is how positive and uplifting they have all been.

Yes, I agree. I think it was a refreshing change for our country. I enjoyed watching the Inauguration and some of its proceeding events earlier today. I'm feeling jubilant and hopeful for our country.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.