The icedragon101 election archive including poll

Should Icedragon101 be an SDA Moderator?

• Yes

• Apply later

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
as are you... especially since you initiated the rudeness in this latest exchange....

Night initiated the rudeness by accusing those who did not vote for ice of being doomsday prophets. Thus he tried to put a guilt trip on us, and thereby sought to make us feel like we did something morally wrong by voting against Ice. I just simply informed him that he should not make such generalizations, or false judgments about those that voted against Ice.

In response to what I had said, Moriah said I ought to learn from Night, thus implying that his erroneous generalizations are right, and I am in the wrong for calling him on them.

And then you came in here and started accusing me of being rude and arrogant because I informed Moriah (who by the way has done nothing but glorify satan while she's been here, even to the point of declaring him to be greater than Christ) that I am only willing to take counsel from godly people.

So you better get you facts straight, man!

Upvote 0

StormyOne

Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
Alabama
✟5,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Night initiated the rudeness by accusing those who did not vote for ice of being doomsday prophets. Thus he tried to put a guilt trip on us, and thereby sought to make us feel like we did something morally wrong by voting against Ice. I just simply informed him that he should not make such generalizations, or false judgments about those that voted against Ice.

In response to what I had said, Moriah said I ought to learn from Night, thus implying that his erroneous generalizations are right, and I am in the wrong for calling him on them.

And then you came in here and started accusing me of being rude and arrogant because I informed Moriah (who by the way has done nothing but glorify satan while she's been here, even to the point of declaring him to be greater than Christ) that I am only willing to take counsel from godly people.

the rudeness between you and I....you initiated... I better get my facts straight? or what? and the rudeness continues.... have a good day

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the rudeness between you and I....you initiated... and continue to do so.... have a good day

The truth is clearly disclosed in this thread. The lurkers will be the ones to decide who is what.

But then again, what matters most is that God knows who we really are, and will judge us accordingly, as He is aware of what we do both in public and in secret.

Upvote 0

StormyOne

Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
Alabama
✟5,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The truth is clearly disclosed in this thread. The lurkers will be the ones to decide who is what.

But then again, what matters most is that God knows who we really are, and will judge us accordingly, as He is aware of what we do both in public and in secret.
Agreed, all who see the exchange will be able to determine what has transpired....

Upvote 0

freeindeed2

In Christ We Are FREE!
Feb 1, 2007
A mile high.
✟79,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You guys fight like my 6 and 3 year old's do.:)

Look, there have been hundreds of posts about 'electing' Ice to be a moderator. He's been raked over the coals publically and basically humiliated publically on this forum.

Really, to have balanced moderating and balanced views of the wide spectrum that exists in SDAism, you should embrace someone like Ice being a PART of the moderation in conjunction with someone from the conservative/traditional side too. But, as is usually the case, progressive thinking and the people who embrace progress are shut down by the hardened, conservative 'thinkers'.

Thankfully, Sovereign God doesn't fit in any of your boxes. It's just disappointing to see people who pay lip-service to God shut down, cast out, and try to drive away those who don't think inside their personal 'God-box'. That is not Christianity.

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You guys fight like my 6 and 3 year old's do.:)

Look, there have been hundreds of posts about 'electing' Ice to be a moderator. He's been raked over the coals publically and basically humiliated publically on this forum.

Really, to have balanced moderating and balanced views of the wide spectrum that exists in SDAism, you should embrace someone like Ice being a PART of the moderation in conjunction with someone from the conservative/traditional side too. But, as is usually the case, progressive thinking and the people who embrace progress are shut down by the hardened, conservative 'thinkers'.

Thankfully, Sovereign God doesn't fit in any of your boxes. It's just disappointing to see people who pay lip-service to God shut down, cast out, and try to drive away those who don't think inside their personal 'God-box'. That is not Christianity.

Hold on there buddy!

I have no issue with there being a progressive moderator in here. But if we are going to have one I would like to see one be elected that at least has the decency to be honest.

Upvote 0

freeindeed2

In Christ We Are FREE!
Feb 1, 2007
A mile high.
✟79,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hold on there buddy!
Nice to know you consider me to be your 'buddy'!;)

woobadooba said:
Ice showed himself to be dishonest in several ways, and that is why several people voted against him.
I don't know about that, but if we were all willing to self-analyze I think we'd discover that our own honesty could just as easily be called into question.

woobadooba said:
I have no issue with there being a progressive moderator in here.
Good to hear. So you have a conflicting online-specific personality conflict with him. That doesn't mean that he wouldn't moderate appropriately, especially if he has to be accountable to other staff members. What comes out in the MANY posts is that you just don't like him.

woobadooba said:
But if we are going to have one I would like to see one be elected that at least has the decency to be honest.
So you make a personal accusation against him, which may only be an opinion. Why don't you do this in private if you're going to call Ice a liar? Is that really what you deem to be publically appropriate, or is it just a tactic to make sure that Ice doesn't get voted in to help moderate here?

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you make a personal accusation against him, which may only be an opinion. Why don't you do this in private if you're going to call Ice a liar? Is that really what you deem to be publically appropriate, or is it just a tactic to make sure that Ice doesn't get voted in to help moderate here?

Ice lied about me in here by accusing me of breaking an agreement with him. He also accused me of slander, and being dishonest.

I gave him more than one opportunity to prove that his accusations against me were true. He couldn't produce anything because what he had said was completely false.

So yes, I did call him a liar, and still believe that he is not an honest person.

If you followed every single post that he made in response to me during this time, you would have seen what I am talking about here.

It's not an issue of not liking someone. For, if RC were to apply to be a mod I would vote for him. Yet, I really don't like him. But I know he would be honest. So it is an issue of integrity.

Upvote 0

NightEternal

Evangelical SDA
Apr 18, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
✟6,539.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It's interesting how you people try to make those who didn't vote for ice look like they have committed some moral crime!

Just as you have the right to vote for him, we have the right to vote against him. Just as you have your reasons for wanting him to be a mod, we have our reasons for believing that he wouldn't be a good moderator for this forum.

Don't try to make us feel guilty for making a decision. We are not doomsday prophets. We are just simply people that have exercised our right to vote, and voice our opinion. Just because we don't agree with you, that doesn't make us bad people.

Woob, I do not have a problem with people voting against Ice. I hope you don't think I am so naive that I wasn't expecting many to vote against him. I knew it was going to happen long before it did.

I don't even have a problem with Ice losing.

Are you denying that some here behaved as if Ice being a mod was the coming of the anti-Christ? That some accused him of possibly using his position to go on a 'revenge spree', even after Ice clearly said he had no such plans or intentions? These are the only ones I am referring to as 'doomsday prophets', not every single person who voted against Ice! :doh:

No, I have no problem with Ice being voted against. What I do have a problem with are such things as:

* Questions being presented to Ice AFTER the questioner already voted against Ice.

I don't care if it is being allowed. I also don't buy the argument that the vote will be changed if Ice manages to convince them otherwise. We all know no such thing was ever going to happen with Ice. The questions should be asked as a criteria for which way the person will vote, not as a vehicle to change a vote already cast.

* Ice being slammed for not answering Doc's questions when it had already been made clear Doc had cast his vote against. What is the freaking point already?! Why should Ice have to answer questions from a person who has voted against him?

* Ice being reported for one of the answers he gave to a question. If that isn't ridiculous, I don't know what is!

So, my post stands. It was ridiculous how this thing got so overblown. Ice was demonized unnecessarily and no regard whatsoever was given to the fact that he would have to answer to the other mods anyhow before he could make possible decisions against posters. They behaved as if Ice was going to be some lone ranger with free reign to do whatever he wished, which is pure nonsense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't see that I'm fighting with Night; rather, I'm putting his erroneous generalizations in their proper place.

By the way, when you get your life right with God you can attempt to tell me what I need, and who I need to learn from. Until then I will only take counsel on such matters from people that I know to be godly.

My life is as right with God as it needs to be. I fulfill HIS will for my life here, now, at this time. It is He who ordains me the Habitation and Tat Tvam Asi. Aeternitas! That you cannot grasp or comprehend that is not my problem, but your own. And the simple fact is, you never take counsel from anyone but yourself. From what I've observed on here, every time someone has offered even a kindly word of advice you have spurned it with hostility and attacking the messenger -- just like you did here with me. I brought you no insult nor harsh word and you are immediately scathing and castigating against me, and speaking ignorantly of you-know-not-what as if you had the inside track on me -- much like you spent a few hours devoting yourself to yesterday, to no avail, as it is clear to Us you know nothing about Us. I have seen you behave this way with others. TRUTH you have rightfully railed against those who sought occasion upon your misfortunes to assail your conscience BUT you have also mistaken friendly advice for that heinous thing, and shown thereby that your internal compass has lost its magnetisation and bearing. You have gone so far as to abrogate your own inherent directives, the lessons Pain has taught you; you do not take heed and apply these in your conduct with others, and therein lies your downfall -- ah! but also therein lies the method of its undoing ... IF you will receive it. (Will you?)

You have not spoken what is accurate about NightEternal. You have merely exploded with reactions from your own overwrought emotional state -- once again, the very thing you accused Me yesterday of doing (when I did not -- believe Me I *KNOW* when that is the case and when you so accused, it was not). It appears Romans 2:1 has quite the noose about you as you sit in this box of distortion mirrors, railing against endless reflections of yourself which you see in others, not seeing them as they truly are. This is the lot of the judgmental mind, and the nature of the prison in which it confines itself. Take heed if you wish to be free. Disregard at your own continued spiritual incarceration.

Upvote 0

freeindeed2

In Christ We Are FREE!
Feb 1, 2007
A mile high.
✟79,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ice lied about me in here by accusing me of breaking an agreement with him. He also accused me of slander, and being dishonest.

I gave him more than one opportunity to prove that his accusations against me were true. He couldn't produce anything because what he had said was completely false.

So yes, I did call him a liar, and still believe that he is not an honest person.

If you followed every single post that he made in response to me during this time, you would have seen what I am talking about here.

It's not an issue of not liking someone. For, if RC were to apply to be a mod I would vote for him. Yet, I really don't like him. But I know he would be honest. So it is an issue of integrity.
What do your words in your posts speak to your integrity?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Please forgive me for not understanding this, but why did this thread, which was mainly to announce the results of the recent election, turn into three pages and thirty posts of argument?
Because someone could not allow someone else the free expression of his viewpoint. That's always where it begins.

Upvote 0
T

TrustAndObey

You're kidding, right? You really think we should elect someone who CONSISTENTLY flames others WHILE running for a moderator position just to keep things balanced?

Right.

I plan on voting for a Progressive, but Ice wasn't the right candidate by a long shot. I don't believe he could quit flaming long enough to enforce the rules about flaming. He couldn't do it while in the spotlight, so why would he do it in the background?

The people spoke, and I for one do not feel ONE BIT guilty about not voting for Ice.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.