Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That is all in your own head. Not even what I am talking about. All good.

Then what are you talking about?

You're complaining about perception - but your perception was influenced by the pundits who are the problem, not the movie that's little more than a stupid slasher flick.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Then what are you talking about?

You're complaining about perception - but your perception was influenced by the pundits who are the problem, not the movie that's little more than a stupid slasher flick.

Im 'complaining'. Or hysterical nut case freaking out over satire I cannot possibly understand. Never discussing something. Or an equal trying to have a discussion. Why is it I have to always be put in a light as if I am a third grader that still eats their boogers? The speech always has to be degrading and condescending. Im not below you. Im not stupid. And I do not veiw you as my intellectual superior. How do you exspect me to explain anything if you veiw me to be wrong because I am incapable of knowing what is right?

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
s
Two things are apparent

No, they aren't

this is not humor

Yes, it is...satirical humour anyway.

it is labeled a rated R 'gore horror' film.

So what? There's no rule that says funny can't be gorey.

Secondly, it is apparent who is implied by the 'red state racist deplorables' that are to be hunted down and killed.

And who's implied by the "blue state" psycho's that do the hunting?

What stupidity or vices are being ridiculed?

The hyperpartisan disaster that is your political system.

The only known identifier in this movie is they support the racist commander in chief, and thusly are deplorables needing to be killed.

This isn't a mockery, or pointing out a vice. This is a glorification of killing these individuals for sport. It's fun. They deserve to die.

None of that is true, which brings me back to the original point, you do not understand satire. Moreover you think that a move which is about group A killing group B being a smear against just group B is...well...I have no words.

So.... were going to make a movie that depicts trump supporters getting murdered to point out how stupid their vices are?

Nope, that is in no way at all what this movie is about, not even a little bit.

How does this all work in your line of thinking?

Well for starters, in my line of thinking, a movie about a bunch of rich "blue" psychos hunting down a bunch of innocent "red" poeple is not an attack on the red people....and I still have no understanding of how you got to that place.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

At this point in time. In this political environment. This movie could potentially be more damaging than an actual shooting based in reality; With actual physics, and ballistics. Hollyworld knows how to manufacture fear. They know how to exploit fear.

Look at how many people were scared to swim in lakes, and ponds because of Jaws.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
This reminds me of individuals at work that get angry because my work ethic 'makes them look bad'. Im doing my own thing. Im not even worried how you are perceived, and do not try to create a perception.
It's not a question of perception. It's a question of fact. Conservatives do not possess a "more American" version of what this country should be than Liberals. There are just Liberal and Conservative views, that's all.

• Prayers
Reactions: Zanting
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It's not a question of perception. It's a question of fact. Conservatives do not possess a "more American" version of what this country should be than Liberals. There are just Liberal and Conservative views, that's all.

As I have stated many times.... this is a political forum, it should realistically be understood these discussions involve politics and those in politics; not the general citizen and/or layperson.

If you behave offensively then you shouldn't complain that you are being treated unfairly when you get some pushback about it. You and your right-wing Evangelical buddies don't own America. You have to share it with the rest of us.

Then go do your thing and back off what is mine. Stop trying to take everything I hold dear and turn it into what you want. You don't like gay people? Too bad. You don't like straight people? Too bad. Freedom of expression and the right to pursue your own happiness. You do not have the right to forcefully imposs all that you believe on someone else so you can isolate yourself from getting offended.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Then go do your thing and back off what is mine. Stop trying to take everything I hold dear and turn it into what you want. You don't like gay people? Too bad. You don't like straight people? Too bad. Freedom of expression and the right to pursue your own happiness. You do not have the right to forcefully imposs all that you believe on someone else so you can isolate yourself from getting offended.
That's what I'm trying to tell you. Conservatives do not have that right. You don't have special status in that respect just because they are conservatives. Even if that special status is something you hold dear. You do not have the right to forcefully impose what you believe on someone else so you can isolate yourself from getting offended

• Prayers
Reactions: Zanting
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That's what I'm trying to tell you. Conservatives do not have that right. You don't have special status in that respect just because they are conservatives. Even if that special status is something you hold dear. You do not have the right to forcefully impose what you believe on someone else so you can isolate yourself from getting offended

Key example: BSA isn't forcing people to do anything. However people that do not want it to be what the LGGBDTTTIQQAAPP desires are forced to do so. Go do your own thing and there will be no issue.

What about gays? They have just as much right to be Americans as you do and entitled to the same treatment as anybody else.

If they do something I find offensive can I tell them to quit crying about pushback?

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Have they declared themselves to be the only "real" Americans? Have they said that only they are "real" Patriots and everybody else hates America? Have they announced that they are the only "real" Christians and that anybody else who claims to be a Christian is only faking it for political advantage? No? Then they have not even begun to be offensive.

This is why this movie is dangerous. There is only one veiw that is allowed in society.

It is the entire attitude of:

You will do as you are told and stop anything that offends what I believe to be right, or you are a bad person.We can remove and attack anything we want to. Only you are offensive if you speak up about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
This is why this movie is dangerous. There is only one veiw that is allowed in society.
No, it is no longer the case that the right-wing Evangelical view is the only view allowed in society. Get over it.

You will do as you are told and stop anything that offends what I believe to be right, or you are a bad person.We can remove and attack anything we want to. Only you are offensive if you speak up about it.
Not any longer. America doesn't belong to you alone. You're going to have to share it whether you like it or not.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
No, it is no longer the case that the right-wing Evangelical view is the only view allowed in society. Get over it.

Not any longer. America doesn't belong to you alone. You're going to have to share it whether you like it or not.

Share? People want it handed over and my way of life to cease. They don't want the equality to do their own thing. Live their own life. They want the ability to keep me from living how I choose to live my life. Because my lifestyle offends them.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Share? People want it handed over and my way of life to cease. They don't want the equality to do their own thing. Live their own life. They want the ability to keep me from living how I choose to live my life. Because my lifestyle offends them.
Nonsense. How are you being kept from living the life you want to live? Has anybody forced you to stop voting conservative? Has anybody forced you to stop going to church? Has anybody forced you to become gay?

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Nonsense. How are you being kept from living the life you want to live? Has anybody forced you to stop voting conservative? Has anybody forced you to stop going to church? Has anybody forced you to become gay?

Well, I was gay so that is a differnt matter entirely..... But I should be able to live my life without forced incursions. I do not need to accept your way of life for you to continue living it. And you do not create tolerance by forcing traditionally conservative institutions into compliance of ideals they do not hold. This forced coercion is dangerous.

If people want to GO and live the way they so choose, the GO do it. I do not have to be a part of it or even like the way you live. That is your right.

• Winner
Reactions: St. Helens
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,764.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
At this point in time. In this political environment. This movie could potentially be more damaging than an actual shooting based in reality; With actual physics, and ballistics. Hollyworld knows how to manufacture fear. They know how to exploit fear.

And my point is that that fear wouldn't be triggered by this movie without the pundits. The movie is the fuel; the pundits light the match.

• Agree
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
And my point is that that fear wouldn't be triggered by this movie without the pundits. The movie is the fuel; the pundits light the match.

I definitely agree with that. :oldthumbsup:

It also is not a right or left issue. This could ignite a real doozy of a bonfire.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Well, I was gay so that is a differnt matter entirely..... But I should be able to live my life without forced incursions. I do not need to accept your way of life for you to continue living it. And you do not create tolerance by forcing traditionally conservative institutions into compliance of ideals they do not hold. This forced coercion is dangerous.
Like, for instance? What "traditionally conservative institutions" are you talking about? Or are you just talking about institutions that you people have had more than your share of authority over and are now whining about having to give it up?

If people want to GO and live the way they so choose, the GO do it. I do not have to be a part of it or even like the way you live. That is your right.
No, I expect to stay, not go, and live the way I choose. And you are not going to be forced to live the way I do, but you are going to have to tolerate my presence as a fellow citizen.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Like, for instance? What "traditionally conservative institutions" are you talking about? Or are you just talking about institutions that you people have had more than your share of authority over and are now whining about having to give it up?

upload_2019-8-13_9-30-46.png

No, I expect to stay, not go, and live the way I choose. And you are not going to be forced to live the way I do, but you are going to have to tolerate my presence as a fellow citizen.

Tolerate and accept are two differnt things.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Since when did attacking a group of people for existing become a right? They held that view during slavery, luckily the country has come around to the idea that some are not second-class citizens.

That's kinda the point of the thread.

Upvote 0