Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Except the villains in this film are the liberals and the Trump supporters are the victims of these latte-drinking TED Talk-loving "globalists."

I'm not into identity rationalisations and politics. I don't think either way this is portrayed or perceived is good in today's politically charged environment. Either way someone is the bad guy, and that is divisive. We have enough today where both sides literally veiw this as a fight between good and evil. This is a powder keg. Gas on a fire.

This is about as sympathetic, as a satirical horror movie where the KKK hunts and kills blacks. Just because the KKK are the villians does not mean it is either sympathetic or even understanding of the topic they are addressing.

Many Trump supporters literally do live in fear. Many are even scared to support Trump in public out of fear of what will happen to them. That isn't a joke. It has gotten to the point where many question if we actualy will be hunted down in the streets. Or bombed at polling stations. Targeted at concerts, shopping centers, so on. You might think that is hyperbole. But I would remind you, that if you have never been a target of someone's hate you have not witnessed it, nor do you fully understand it.

• Winner
Reactions: Zanting
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Many Trump supporters literally do live in fear. Many are even scared to support Trump in public out of fear of what will happen to them. That isn't a joke. It has gotten to the point where many question if we actualy will be hunted down in the streets. Or bombed at polling stations. Targeted at concerts, shopping centers, so on. You might think that is hyperbole. But I would remind you, that if you have never been a target of someone's hate you have not witnessed it, nor do you fully understand it.
Yes, I agree it is cruel to make fun of that paranoia, as the movie apparently does.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I agree it is cruel to make fun of that paranoia, as the movie apparently does.

Do you not realise people get physically assaulted for supporting Trump? Have property damaged?

"paranoia"?

• Agree
Reactions: Zanting
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I can't see why anyone thinks this is satire. It's probably the only realistic portrayal of liberal elites Hollywood's ever done. I really hope the film is released some day.
Because there is no group of liberal elites hunting down conservatives for sport. It is a fictional narrative that is not based on any known reality. It takes a topic everyone can relate to and understand (divisive politics) and blows it up to an exaggerated extreme everyone knows isn’t true (hunting people for sport). That is satire.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Do you not realise people get physically assaulted for supporting Trump? Have property damaged?

"paranoia"?
And sometimes they are mowed down with semi-automatic weapons for not supporting Trump.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
And sometimes they are mowed down with semi-automatic weapons for not supporting Trump.

So lets make a movie about killing Trump supporters. Satirical or not, today's society would go nuts on both sides.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So lets make a movie about killing Trump supporters. Satirical or not, today's society would go nuts on both sides.
We make movies about killing people all the time. What makes Trump supporters so special they can’t be depicted as victims of violence?

• Agree
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,449,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay, I at least checked Wikipedia.

"The hunters gather in a remote facility called the Manor House, but their sport gets derailed when one of the hunted, Crystal (Gilpin), fights back and starts killing them one by one."

So the protagonists are the hunted "deplorables," and one of them finally gets the upper hand. That's the case in most "hunted human" stories. So the "elites" are shown as morally deplorable and the "deplorables" (at least one of them) ends as the hero.

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟555,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not into identity rationalisations and politics.

You've said in the past that you support Trump because of (among other reasons, I assume) how you were crowded out of the workforce because of your inability to speak Spanish. His appeals to white nativism is a form of identity politics.

I don't think either way this is portrayed or perceived is good in today's politically charged environment. Either way someone is the bad guy, and that is divisive. We have enough today where both sides literally veiw this as a fight between good and evil. This is a powder keg. Gas on a fire.

Interesting. You're now the second person I've seen use this argument (i.e. that the potential for divisiveness is bad, regardless of the direction of the partisanship) within the last hour. The other person is not (as far as I'm aware) on CF and I don't recall ever seeing either of you complain about divisive rhetoric when it comes from Trump or other right-wing figures.

Is there some right-wing media personality plugging this message?

Believe it or not, I mean that question sincerely. This isn't the first time I've witnessed multiple people on the right coming to the same, odd conclusion seemingly independently and I'm genuinely puzzled by it each time.

This is about as sympathetic, as a satirical horror movie where the KKK hunts and kills blacks. Just because the KKK are the villians does not mean it is either sympathetic or even understanding of the topic they are addressing.

Reaching that conclusion is quite a leap for someone who hasn't seen the movie.

That susceptibility to fear is how they keep pumping their base for donations.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟555,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Okay, I at least checked Wikipedia.

"The hunters gather in a remote facility called the Manor House, but their sport gets derailed when one of the hunted, Crystal (Gilpin), fights back and starts killing them one by one."

So the protagonists are the hunted "deplorables," and one of them finally gets the upper hand. That's the case in most "hunted human" stories. So the "elites" are shown as morally deplorable and the "deplorables" (at least one of them) ends as the hero.

It's like arguing that the original Predator movie is sympathetic to the Predator. That didn't happen until they introduced the Alien crossover and the hunt became a rite of passage thing where the Predators were, themselves, in serious danger.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,449,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interesting. You're now the second person I've seen use this argument (i.e. that the potential for divisiveness is bad, regardless of the direction of the partisanship) within the last hour. The other person is not (as far as I'm aware) on CF and I don't recall ever seeing either of you complain about divisive rhetoric when it comes from Trump or other right-wing figures.

Believe it or not, I mean that question sincerely. This isn't the first time I've witnessed multiple people on the right coming to the same, odd conclusion seemingly independently and I'm genuinely puzzled by it each time.

That's how I know I'm hearing leaking echo chamber reverberations. Nothing independent about it...and very often there's a Trump tweet to the same effect.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟864,468.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Because there is no group of liberal elites hunting down conservatives for sport. It is a fictional narrative that is not based on any known reality. It takes a topic everyone can relate to and understand (divisive politics) and blows it up to an exaggerated extreme everyone knows isn’t true (hunting people for sport). That is satire.
It depicts what they would like to do. We can judge their hearts by their violent words. I could post one of the many montage video clips but I think they all contain profanity.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It depicts what they would like to do.
Does it? I haven’t seen the movie but I doubt the hunters are the good guys in this one.

We can judge their hearts by their violent words. I could post one of the many montage video clips but I think they all contain profanity.
I’m unsure what you’re referring to here. You mean the trailer for the movie?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You've said in the past that you support Trump because of (among other reasons, I assume) how you were crowded out of the workforce because of your inability to speak Spanish. His appeals to white nativism is a form of identity politics.

So... what about the naive black, latinos and asians that support Trump? Is he pandering to how naive and simple they are?

Thsi is about guns in such a way that could lead to actual violence.

I wouldn't know.

Independent thought happens. Even when people agree.

That susceptibility to fear is how they keep pumping their base for donations.

This right here.... a complete carelessness or even mockery. Poor white people. Poor Trump supporters. It's quite alarming when you are under threat and you know people think it is laughable, completely downplay it, or act like you are doing something wrong by even bringing it up..

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟555,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So... what about the naive black, latinos and asians that support Trump? Is he pandering to how naive and simple they are?

I said "native" not "naive".

But to answer your question - generally, yes. Appealing to naivete seems to be part of his schtick regardless of the audience.

This right here.... a complete carelessness or even mockery. Poor white people. Poor Trump supporters. It's quite alarming when you are under threat and you know people think it is laughable, completely downplay it, or act like you are doing something wrong by even bringing it up..

I don't believe that "poor white people" are actually under threat - or at least not in the way that you've portrayed it. I do believe that they face a variety of threats related to economics and social power/relevance, but I do not believe that they face the sort of overt violence that you described. The fear may be genuinely felt, but as far as I've seen, it's mostly baseless. I mean how often does this happen:

"hunted down in the streets. Or bombed at polling stations. Targeted at concerts, shopping centers, so on."

...with a leftist attacker selecting conservative targets? I can think of the congressional baseball shooting in 2017 and the 2016 Dallas police shooting, but that's about it. And in both those cases, the targets were government officials, not random civilians.

Checking wikipedia's list, I went back to 2014 and couldn't find anything else. Nearly all of the incidents listed there were motivated by either radical Islam or right-wing ideologies.

Terrorism in the United States - Wikipedia

• Winner
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I said "native" not "naive".

But to answer your question - generally, yes. Appealing to naivete seems to be part of his schtick regardless of the audience.

I don't believe that "poor white people" are actually under threat - or at least not in the way that you've portrayed it. I do believe that they face a variety of threats related to economics and social power/relevance, but I do not believe that they face the sort of overt violence that you described. The fear may be genuinely felt, but as far as I've seen, it's mostly baseless. I mean how often does this happen:

"hunted down in the streets. Or bombed at polling stations. Targeted at concerts, shopping centers, so on."

...with a leftist attacker selecting conservative targets? I can think of the congressional baseball shooting in 2017 and the 2016 Dallas police shooting, but that's about it. And in both those cases, the targets were government officials, not random civilians.

Checking wikipedia's list, I went back to 2014 and couldn't find anything else. Nearly all of the incidents listed there were motivated by either radical Islam or right-wing ideologies.

Terrorism in the United States - Wikipedia

I keep sidestepping the entire direction you are trying to take this on purpose but you seem to be on a tangent here. I do not care who you want to find at fault, blame or ridicule. I am simply saying such a film covering the material it does at this point in time is just inflammatory, and could cause real world issues.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I keep sidestepping the entire direction you are trying to take this on purpose but you seem to be on a tangent here. I do not care who you want to find at fault, blame or ridicule. I am simply saying such a film covering the material it does at this point in time is just inflammatory, and could cause real world issues.
Yes, it's a bad idea to provoke paranoid people who own guns.

Upvote 0