The "hunt"... This is who we (men) are...

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Star Trek TNG episode, Birthright, part 2...

Worf want to take a young Klingon, from among a group of young Klingons, who have basically forgotten who they are, and what it means to be Klingon... He told them that we do not just hunt for food, but for other important reasons as well... And, so, they go hunting, and they begin stalking like a deer or something, and Worf is telling and teaching the young Klingon about hunting, and how to stalk your prey, and starts talking about the feelings going on (adrenaline, smells, ect) And the young Klingon at first says, I don't feel anything, I don't smell anything, then he begins saying, "Yes, I do feel it, I do smell it, I can't believe I did not notice it before... I can feel my heart pounding..."

Worf says, "Yes... Let it work it's way into your blood..." And they sneak up on and stalk their prey very quietly and carefully, gettting closer, and closer, and closer... Worf then says, "This is who we are, this is the moment where life and death meet..." The Young Klingon says, "Yes, I can feel it." I can't believe I never noticed it before....

Anyhow, the point in this story is: The moment(s) where life and death meet, or are very close, is for a klingon (or a man, or men) the times where they feel the most truly alive... It's very primitive, but it is a part of us, especially men... Some of the moments in my life where I've felt the most truly alive, is when I've been closest to death, or more appropriately, when death was the closest to me... It can be a very exhilerating experience, a huge high, so to speak...

I've been scared of it in the past, but am learning to embrace it, when it happens now... For men, especially, it a forgotten part of themselves, much like this particular group of klingons he was dealing with... If you've ever been hunting, if you've ever stalked your prey, you will know what I am talking about...

It is a major part of who we are, especially men... We are warriors, soldiers, hunters, killers, predators... It goes back to a much earlier time in our existence... It's very primal, but undenyable... The moment(s) where "life and death meet" can remind you of this...

With this modern day society eliminating the "man in men", and it desperately trying to find out who and what men are, and what a man is or should be, I think this here, that I am talking about, can provide a vital clue, or insight into this...

Is anyone following me on this, any men out there, "feeling" me on this...? Get what I am saying...?

Comments...?

God Bless!

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Ummm...I think our respective avatars speak volumes, but I tend to shy away from near death experiences.
I'm talking about our society trying to define or redefine what a "man" "is", and this being a vital clue...

Have you ever been hunting...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
well hunting is actually a kinder way of life towards animals vs locking them up in a tiny space and giving them a terrible diet but there are so many humans now that we would make many wild animals go extinct if we did not systematize some kind mass farming.

the truth of this reality and different parts of our being is what it is and sometimes hiding certain parts of ourselves gives room to reveal other parts of ourselves.

what exactly are those men?

Upvote 0

Theodoric

Feb 21, 2018
Tennessee
✟18,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think you guys are getting what I'm saying...?

God Bless!

You are correct. You started out with Warf from Star Trek, went from there to game hunting, and now you're talking about the Cross.

It's confusing, to be kind.

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
You are correct. You started out with Warf from Star Trek, went from there to game hunting, and now you're talking about the Cross.

It's confusing, to be kind.
Try to make the connection, I do not know how else to explain it, or what more to say to try and explain it...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
i'm thinking about some some other religion... the devas are different from men because devas don't suffer ( in some forms) but men are what they are because they go through a harder experience of reality.

so maybe there is a certain kind of authenticity that we especially as men can experience in this world that offers something that forms our own nature that can't be afforded to us unless we are the barbaric creatures that we are?

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Though we are creatures of habit, we also are able to change our habits.

I loved the hunt when the prey was even close to necessary to my survival, and there was a time it was, but I just don't think I could love it so much now, or ever as more of a trophy hunter than anything else.

It was good for man back then as it was almost always necessary, and it's even good now, I get it, I really do, but for me anyway, though I miss it, I think I can be what I need to be without it. Of course it has been kind of bred out of us over thousands of years so not so much a necessary feeling.

Enjoy it while you can, I could be wrong buy I have my doubts heaven holds such a sport...but maybe.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know what you are saying, 100%. Everyone's the same, My wife has been saying this for a while. I believe it's moving us farther and farther from what God made men to be. Not trying to step on any toes, but even the clothes younger guys wear make them look more effeminate. I didn't care much for the pants on the ground look, but v neck t shirts and skinny jeans (can't find the eye roll emoji).

• Haha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Now, I want to make it clear that I do not agree with strictly "Trophy hunting" although I think this, that we are talking about, in men, does explain a lot of that... Spock in Star Trek 4, said "It is not logical to hunt a species to extinction" And I wholeheratedly agree, endangered species or species low in numbers, or something your not going to eat, should not be hunted...

But, I live in Oregon, and I grew up hunting every year, we hunt and kill deer and elk and rabbits, squirrels, grouse (which are like a wild chicken), and always ate them, and had a freezer full of meat from dear and elk, oh, also bears, and cougars...

My dad, my uncles, all us kids in my family did this and were raised with this and this way...

I haven't done it or gone in a few years now, but I remember it well...

I remember stalking (tracking, following, checking the wind, being very careful and cautious, and patient at times) your prey, and the feelings, and the feelings, that moment right before the kill, then, finally, the kill...

Anyhow,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Where and how did Jesus decide to channel these impulses? Clearing the Temple, we know about, but I mean all the rest of His life here.
Idk...? What I'm trying to figure out...? Got any theories...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Oh, there are times, that hunting certain game, will be either open or closed based on their population in my state, sometimes, hunting certain game will close to allow them to repopulate, and then with certain game, open back up, because of overpopulation...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Sometimes, we are the hunter, and sometimes, we are the prey in life... When your hunting, sometimes, usually about half the time, your prey will get away from you... The trick when you are the prey is, to get away from your hunter...

The most experienced prey, are the hardest ones to bag, cause they are experienced at not being caught, like some fish stories of the biggest near uncatchable fish...

I grew up fishing too, that is also something I have not done in awhile now...

God Bless!

Upvote 0