Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Meh, I think it is up to the person. I liked it (35), my parents liked it (68 and 66), and my niece liked it (15), so it appeals to a wide range of ages. That said, if you do not like the story line it would be boring. Parts are a little hokey, parts are naive to the real world, but it is pretty good. I liked the second movie better than the first.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,445.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Would this movie keep someone who is middle-aged entertained or is it geared more towards the younger crowd?

#askingforafriend :)

It honestly has more meat than the usual drek from Hollywood.

• Agree
Reactions: Poppyseed78
Upvote 0

OwainK

May 9, 2017
North Wales
✟38,815.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Would this movie keep someone who is middle-aged entertained or is it geared more towards the younger crowd?

I'm 23, and after 2 minutes of the movie being on I turned it off. I tried to watch it with all the hype about it, but just found it really weird and boring.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I think I was about 43 or 44 when I saw the original movie. I thought it was really good.
Some movies/TV shows that seem to be directed toward certain age groups can have mass appeal. The Big Bang Theory is probably aimed toward people in their 20s (since that seems to be the age of the characters), but I enjoy that as well.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, it is a bit more complicated than that. I do not think most of us would condone an actual hunger games. Besides, the kids killing each other is not really what the movie is about.

• Agree
Reactions: Aryeh Jay
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well, it is a bit more complicated than that. I do not think most of us would condone an actual hunger games. Besides, the kids killing each other is not really what the movie is about.

Besides that, the movie itself didn't condone kids killing each other. That part of the movie was to show the evils of the ruling elite running things at that time. Thankfully, it's not based on anything happening now (hopefully).

• Agree
Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

Agreed

• Agree
Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I think a middle-aged person would probably get more out of the books. The plot might seem more formulaic and contrived than it actually is if you only watch the movies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AMOG

Jul 29, 2007
✟17,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
I thought the writing of the books was sophomoric, but I was raised on classic sci fi and I find most of today's y.a. authors to be only adequate writers. on the other hand. I was quite entertained by the movies. not that the writing was better... it wasn't, but I have much lower expectations for movies. and there is more going on to entertain you.

Upvote 0