✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,

The following scripture are three messages of warning given to the world that are connected to receiving the "MARK OF THE BEAST". I would like to propose a detailed scripture discussion for those interested in the topic.

REVELATION 14:6-12 [6], And I saw another angel fly in the middle of heaven, having the EVERLASTING GOSPEL TO PREACH TO THEM THAT DWELL ON THE EARTH, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, [7], Saying with a loud voice, FEAR GOD, AND GIVE GLORY TO HIM; FOR THE HOUR OF HIS JUDGMENT IS COME: and WORSHIP HIM THAT MADE HEAVEN, AND EARTH, AND THE SEA, AND THE FOUNTAINS OF WATERS.

Questions for consideration will be linked to answers in the thread..

Q1. What is the everlasting gospel and what judgement is come?
Q2. How do we give glory to God?
Q3. What does it mean to worship him that made the heavens and the earth?
Q4. Who will be judged?
Q5. What will be the standard of the judgement?
Q6. Who will be judged first?

[8], And there followed another angel, saying, BABYLON IS FALLEN, IS FALLEN, THAT GREAT CITY, BECAUSE SHE MADE ALL NATIONS DRINK OF THE WINE OF THE WRATH OF HER FORNICATION.

Q7. Who does BABYLON represent?
Q8. What is the wine of BABYLON that all the nations of drunk or her fornication?

[9], And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, IF ANY MAN WORSHIP THE BEAST AND HIS IMAGE, AND RECEIVE HIS MARK IN HIS FOREHEAD, OR IN HIS HAND, [10], THE SAME SHALL DRINK OF THE WINE OF THE WRATH OF GOD, WHICH IS POURED OUT WITHOUT MIXTURE INTO THE CUP OF HIS INDIGNATION; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
[11], And the smoke of their torment ascends up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.

Q9. Who is the beast we are warned not to worship?
Q10. What is the mark we are warned not to receive in our hand and forehead?
Q11. What is the wine of the wrath of God?

[12], HERE IS THE PATIENCE OF THE SAINTS: HERE ARE THEY THAT KEEP THE
COMMANDMENTS OF GOD, AND THE FAITH OF JESUS.

Q12. There is only two classes of people; Those who are God's people (the saints) and those who are not how do we know we are God's saints?

Please provide scripture to support your view.

God bless

Last edited:

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath
✟1,002,593.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Like i have stated before, Revelation is the most misinterpreted and misunderstood book in the Bible!

There are so many 'experts' on it and people who claim to understand what it is saying. So many read it with 'modern eyes'.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Like i have stated before, Revelation is the most misinterpreted and misunderstood book in the Bible!
There are so many 'experts' on it and people who claim to understand what it is saying. So many read it with 'modern eyes'.

Hi L4W I believe so as well. Does that mean that there is not a correct interpretation in your view and if so how are we to know or recognize the correct interpretation of the book of Revelation?

Upvote 0

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

Very true! I just skip comments of any kind concerning prophesy in Rev.

I have my interpretation that aligns with scripture and keep it to myself.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I think this belongs in the eschatology forum.
It was put here to mainly discuss God's judgement coming to our world and what you think it might mean. The scriptures provided are simply examples of God's judgements coming and foretold in the scriptures.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi L4W I believe so as well. Does that mean that there is not a correct interpretation in your view and if so how are we to know or recognize the correct interpretation of the book of Revelation?
I

the Holy Spirit can show us how to interpret it

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I
the Holy Spirit can show us how to interpret it

Yes WUHL, I believe we need the Holy Spirit to be our guide and teacher. Did you do a typo in your post as your not the Holy Spirit?. What does the bible teach about understanding prophetic scripture?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟218,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Does that mean that there is not a correct interpretation in your view and if so how are we to know or recognize the correct interpretation of the book of Revelation?
There is a correct interpretation of the Revelation - God's. I very much doubt that any human being has discovered it yet. Everyone has their own "correct interpretation" of Rev, but unfortunately no two of them agree.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There is a correct interpretation of the Revelation - God's. I very much doubt that any human being has discovered it yet. Everyone has their own "correct interpretation" of Rev, but unfortunately no two of them agree.

For me I believe that it is like the prophecy of JESUS in Matthew 24:24 it is like how there is many forms of Christianity today all professing to be the chosen of God's Word. Obviously not all of them have the correct understanding of God's Word and the majority will be of the many being called and not of the few being chosen. That however does not mean that there are the chosen who are indeed Gods people as described by the Word of God. The same as just because there is many interpretations of Revelation does not mean that there is not a true one. For me no prophecy is of any private interpretation. Scripture must unlock the symbolic meanings of the scriptures to let the Word of God speak.

God bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

The fact that there exists someone or 5 someone's who do not understand the book of Revelation, is hardly breaking news. The key is to be the someone who does understand it.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Very true! I just skip comments of any kind concerning prophesy in Rev.

I have my interpretation that aligns with scripture and keep it to myself.

because "it does not matter"??

If someone had said "I have an instant cure for Covid-19... but I keep it to myself" it reveals that either they don't understand the topic, or they are over stating what they have, or they simply do not care about 200,000 deaths in America.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,

The following scripture are three messages of warning given to the world that are connected to receiving the "MARK OF THE BEAST". I would like to propose a detailed scripture discussion for those interested in the topic.

REVELATION 14:6-12 [6], And I saw another angel fly in the middle of heaven, having the EVERLASTING GOSPEL TO PREACH TO THEM THAT DWELL ON THE EARTH, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, [7], Saying with a loud voice, FEAR GOD, AND GIVE GLORY TO HIM; FOR THE HOUR OF HIS JUDGMENT IS COME: and WORSHIP HIM THAT MADE HEAVEN, AND EARTH, AND THE SEA, AND THE FOUNTAINS OF WATERS.

Q1. What is the everlasting gospel and what judgement is come?
Q2. How do we give glory to God?
Q3. What does it mean to worship him that made the heavens and the earth?

[8], And there followed another angel, saying, BABYLON IS FALLEN, IS FALLEN, THAT GREAT CITY, BECAUSE SHE MADE ALL NATIONS DRINK OF THE WINE OF THE WRATH OF HER FORNICATION.

Q4. Who does BABYLON represent?
Q5. What is the wine of BABYLON that all the nations of drunk or her fornication?

[9], And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, IF ANY MAN WORSHIP THE BEAST AND HIS IMAGE, AND RECEIVE HIS MARK IN HIS FOREHEAD, OR IN HIS HAND, [10], THE SAME SHALL DRINK OF THE WINE OF THE WRATH OF GOD, WHICH IS POURED OUT WITHOUT MIXTURE INTO THE CUP OF HIS INDIGNATION; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
[11], And the smoke of their torment ascends up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.

Q6. Who is the beast we are warned not to worship?
Q7. What is the mark we are warned not to receive in our hand and forehead?
Q8. What is the wine of the wrath of God?

[12], HERE IS THE PATIENCE OF THE SAINTS: HERE ARE THEY THAT KEEP THE
COMMANDMENTS OF GOD, AND THE FAITH OF JESUS.

Q9. There is only two classes of people; Those who are God's people (the saints) and those who are not how do we know we are God's saints?

Please provide scripture to support your view.

God bless

You and I both know that in Jan 2015t Christianity Today identified a certain group as "the fifth-largest Christian communion worldwide" - ( yes that one.. ) - and we know that group has as part of its official mission statement "to proclaim the everlasting gospel embraced by the three angels’ messages (Revelation 14:6-12).

What other major Christian denomination has that proclamation of Rev 14 details - included in their mission statement?

It is as if they found a document that is the history of exactly how an ancient civilization finally cured COVID-19 before it morphed into the far more deadly covid-21.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath
✟1,002,593.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The fact that there exists someone or 5 someone's who do not understand the book of Revelation, is hardly breaking news. The key is to be the someone who does understand it.

And the someone who 'supposedly does' understand it you can multiply by 1,000,000 and also their 'understandings' and 'interpretations' by 1,000,000! ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Charlie24
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
And the someone who 'supposedly does' understand it you can multiply by 1,000,000 and also their 'understandings' and 'interpretations' by 1,000,000! ;)

we can all multiply.

But the point remains that having someone out there that does not have the right understanding of the book of Revelation is not what will make "breaking news" for today.

It is knowing what God is warning us about that matters... not the various little groups that might not have figured it out.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟218,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But the point remains that having someone out there that does not have the right understanding of the book of Revelation is not what will make "breaking news" for today..
Nah, the problem is that pretty much everyone has "the right understanding of the book of Revelation" and almost none of them agree on what it is. "

• Agree
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0