Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Like I have said before: They're no longer looking for equality. They're now looking for revenge.
I understand being angry but they are purposely seeking out people of faith imo.

• Agree
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟798,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I feel like there's a much stronger force behind this. Revelation 12:12 “…Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time.”

Maybe people are willingly going along with the devil or maybe they're blind to the fact that they're following him, but I'm sure the source of this is Satan's evil.

They only way to explain this mass sin is in 2 Corinthians 4:4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,915,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I feel like there's a much stronger force behind this.
Hi Chrystal, I agree! There is this passage as well (see v12 in particular), with an opening admonishment that I believe we are all going to need to pay close attention to and obey, like we've never had to do before.

Ephesians 6
10 Be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might.
11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil.
12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.

--David
p.s. - I remember listening to an expert on the rise and fall of civilizations throughout human history, and what is going on in the West right now is the very thing that always precedes the collapse and fall of a civilization.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟798,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Hi Crystal, I agree! There is this passage as well (see v12 in particular), with an opening admonishment that I believe we are all going to need to pay close attention to and obey, like we've never had to do before.

Ephesians 6
10 Be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might.
11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil.
12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.

--David
p.s. - I remember listening to an expert on the rise and fall of civilizations throughout human history, and what is going on in the West right now is the very thing that always precedes the collapse and fall of a civilization.

So many people are atheist and have no fear of God--they are easy victims for this kind of manipulation. I totally agree that "our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places." It is hard to watch multitudes fall into Satan's trap.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,915,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The Homosexual Lobby and strong arming of everyone that does not fall into line.
Hi Michie, this is/always has been part of the illusive* "gay agenda", which, in a nutshell, is the normalization and/or mainstreaming of the LGBTQ+ lifestyle in everyday life in every facet of society (as well doing whatever is necessary to bring that about). The "final frontier" (if you will) of the "agenda" being religion, for obvious reasons.

I am certain that even they, the backers of this agenda, are stunned at how well and how quickly all of their hopes and dreams are coming to fruition, snowballing at this point, in fact, especially in the last 2-3 years. It seems all but inevitable that they will succeed (unless God steps in first), such that it will become a crime to not "fall in line", to even mention that the LBGTQ+ lifestyle is sinful, and especially to teach others that it is (which in some countries already includes the public reading of certain passages from the Bible that teach that it is a sin).

Very frightening stuff, ESPECIALLY for all of our LGBTQ+ friends who need to know what God actually thinks, because if we are not allowed to speak God's truth in love to them, who will?

God bless you!

--David

1 Corinthians 13
6 Love .. does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth.

*(illusive - I used the word "illusive" above because the backers of the gay agenda did their best to pretend that there was no gay agenda for decades, though I'm fairly certain that hiding its existence is no longer a principal concern of theirs, or even a concern at all at this point, quite frankly)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
I totally understand the hurt they have been through. I understand the discrimination, mistreatment, and abuse for being an outsider, for different reasons. However, I think forgiveness will give them more healing than getting even. I've won fights against my tormentors back in my childhood but it didn't give me lasting peace. I kept thinking about those times until I learned how to forgive and walk away from this cycle of hatred and bitterness. It definitely wasn't easy, but it is possible with the right support and mindset.

There comes a time where you have to learn to enjoy your newfound freedom and social acceptance instead of continuing to blame your tormentors for all your problems. There will always be jerks in life and the message Jesus tried to give us was to rise above that and prove ourselves as the bigger people.

I'm sorry for the abuse, isolation, and the lack of Christ-like behavior towards the LGBT but now they are becoming the very thing that made them miserable in the first place. Again, the cycle of violence.

Actually Jesus S message was to pick up our crosses and to follow him.

Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Beloved2018

Theotokos, Pregnant With Christ, Save Us!
Supporter
Jan 11, 2018
KY
✟54,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
That's exactly what this is about.
Most people agree to disagree. I for instance, am not going to sue an Imam for not performing a Christian wedding. Let's bring it closer to home. Say, for instance, I had a girlfriend. We wanted to be married. First, I am not going to ruin my happy day with memories of lawsuits and conflicts with photographers at all. Secondly, if I was Christian and otherwise conservative, I would have two choices. Either accept the Church's position and have a secular (nonsacramental) wedding or have a 'pretend' wedding ceremony at a liberal 'Church'. What I would not do if I was a sincere Christian, is force, through lawsuits and any manner of things, to get the Church to change her position to accommodate me and my girlfriend.
Regarding this constant threat of being sued/ harrassed: What I would do, is advertise my business as strictly Christian or Catholic. Aside from 'homosexual' marriage, I would think we as Christians would not want to participate in marriages which are of other religions or even secular. If we're going to put Christ first, let's really put Him first.

I understand being angry but they are purposely seeking out people of faith imo.

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟775,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
This is the kind of thing where it's possible that you used to be able to tell yourself that gay marriage won't affect your personal life, just theirs but now the LGBTQ agenda is trying to permeate as many aspects of society as it can. I don't know...this sounds awful to say on a Catholic forum but I don't think you can truly bring kids into this kind of world. They're going to be led astray as soon as they are 4 years old.

Upvote 0