USA
✟19,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm going to try an experiment here's the deal I wanted to put this in the in the introduction section but that's not the place for this debate I know this to be true but want people's opinions for the first time I think i filled with the Holy Spirit
But before you judge me
Hear my story
12 years ago in 2006
Since 2002 I was in conflict with myself
Demons where inside me I was in deep conflict
Then one day I was walking at night time 11 p.m. in my local neighborhood
I was Deep In conflict
When I Heard a Voice that sounds like Elvis at first but later it got deeper and more serious it claimed to be the Holy Spirit
I thought to myself I'm really losing it now now because I've Been Told never to talk about this with anyone including my family friends and even my doctor
In 2002 I was confined for a week
That was only once in my life I lost my freedom but the the idea is there dominates all the others ideas
The religious ideas
Ask questions and the answer seem logical but they're just ideas and not words since that day I've been well I'm been prosperous but the same idea even though I've been told not to talk about it to anyone until now but the other day I was told to use speech recognition and put my ideas out there and see what happens because it's safe to identify with because I can't spell use punctuation you see
I never talked about this but freethinkers just know it around me
Now could be Satan but I've never been told to do anything wrong or bad
This is something I can only talk about on social media like I said
But I get these ideas about religion Jesus and just life some I put out there some I keep to myself I'm not claiming anything but what I told you
Is it Christ Satan or is it my imagination I know what it is but I want your opinion I never talk about this to anyone until now this is something I'm not making up this is real to me but I have these ideas some conflict with the Bible but the idea of Jesus is still there
Sometimes I feel like The Rock in the ocean that the wave smashed against but never move or bunge The Rock just like my ideas if you were me how would you interpret my situation how would you feel what is your opinion about this

Last edited:

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I find your request confusing for lack of sufficient information. The Holy Spirit only says what Jesus says. I do not think the Holy Spirit would identify himself as the Holy Spirit either. Nor is God the author of confusion but a sound mind.

Upvote 0

AfterThought

Thirst 2 Given & Know
Apr 11, 2016
USA
✟19,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I find your request confusing for lack of sufficient information. The Holy Spirit only says what Jesus says. I do not think the Holy Spirit would identify himself as the Holy Spirit either. Nor is God the author of confusion but a sound mind.
It sounded more like a Godly voice and claim to be Christ

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It sounded more like a Godly voice and claim to be Christ
There is a scriptural test for such "voices."

1 John 4:1
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; 3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.​

Upvote 0

AfterThought

Thirst 2 Given & Know
Apr 11, 2016
USA
✟19,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is a scriptural test for such "voices."

1 John 4:1
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; 3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.​
At the time it was deep and very hard to take in for me But as time went by it settled down and still there

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,504,235.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
red-strawberry-hat-wool-beret-girls-winter-wear20667.jpg

MOD HAT ON
This thread has been moved to the Christian Advice forum.
Please note and abide by the Statement of Purpose of this forum.​
MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Thir7ySev3n

Psalm 139
Sep 13, 2009
✟58,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sounds dubious the way you describe it. It doesn't seem to be Christ centered, which the Scripture shown you above exclaims is the way to identify the Spirit of God as the one ministering to you. You should also be attentive to the suggestions of such a spirit, that it does more than simply present an "idea" of Christ but corresponds to the revelation of Christ according to the Gospel. The spirit should be leading you in humility and repentance towards Christ for salvation, not merely presenting itself with the bare name or image of Christ which could be a pretense.

"Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." (1 Peter 5:8)

Upvote 0

AfterThought

Thirst 2 Given & Know
Apr 11, 2016
USA
✟19,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sounds dubious the way you describe it. It doesn't seem to be Christ centered, which the Scripture shown you above exclaims is the way to identify the Spirit of God as the one ministering to you. You should also be attentive to the suggestions of such a spirit, that it does more than simply present an "idea" of Christ but corresponds to the revelation of Christ according to the Gospel. The spirit should be leading you in humility and repentance towards Christ for salvation, not merely presenting itself with the bare name or image of Christ which could be a pretense.

"Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." (1 Peter 5:8)
If I was in your shoes I'm reading a posting like this I probably wouldn't believe it but I just need to vent it now I feel better

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,816.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The Bible tells us to "test the spirits", i.e. whether good or bad. Also our Savior talked about the voice of "the stranger", i.e. the devil, who tries to deceive us. Your confusion is not uncommon, though perhaps more intense than for some others.

I am assuming you are not on any drugs, as you have not mentioned them. Many people have found that getting rid of any occult items in the home can lead them to a more free and close relationship with the Father. This would include things like "cute" Buddha statues, dream weavers, Masonic paraphernalia, etc. Well, also any kind of inappropriate content, even if "soft", and any kind of hard rock music can, purportedly, attractive evil spirits.

In the Bible the Israelites were told to leave pagan items strictly alone, even to burn them sometimes.
The cure is to get closer to the Father. If you have good health, you might want to try a water only fast for 24 hours once a week. (Dont' overdo fasting as it can ruin your adrenals and cause other health problems.)

I pray you will be led to freedom.

Upvote 0

AfterThought

Thirst 2 Given & Know
Apr 11, 2016
USA
✟19,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Bible tells us to "test the spirits", i.e. whether good or bad. Also our Savior talked about the voice of "the stranger", i.e. the devil, who tries to deceive us. Your confusion is not uncommon, though perhaps more intense than for some others.

I am assuming you are not on any drugs, as you have not mentioned them. Many people have found that getting rid of any occult items in the home can lead them to a more free and close relationship with the Father. This would include things like "cute" Buddha statues, dream weavers, Masonic paraphernalia, etc. Well, also any kind of inappropriate content, even if "soft", and any kind of hard rock music can, purportedly, attractive evil spirits.

In the Bible the Israelites were told to leave pagan items strictly alone, even to burn them sometimes.
The cure is to get closer to the Father. If you have good health, you might want to try a water only fast for 24 hours once a week. (Dont' overdo fasting as it can ruin your adrenals and cause other health problems.)

I pray you will be led to freedom.
I'm not having any problems and in good health sometimes I meditate but I'm mainly a Christian actually I couldn't imagine life without it

Upvote 0