Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Your completely ignoring the context. First Jesus tells His 11 apostles to remain in Him. Why would He tell them to remain in Him if they are incapable of doing otherwise? Then He tells them why they must remain in Him and even says in verse 5 “unless you abide in Me” which is an indication that they have a choice in the matter. If they didn’t have any choice He would’ve said “since you abide in Me” or “because you abide in Me”. Then in verse 6 He warns them of the consequences of failing to abide in Him. Then in verse 7 He tells them what they can expect “IF” they abide in Him All of these indications are plain as day. You say that verse 6 is about people who are not children of God but this verse is about people who were children of God who fell away just like Jesus said they would. A person cannot fail to remain in Christ if they were never in Christ to begin with just like a person cannot be severed from Christ if they have never been joined to Him in the first place. Can’t you see that your ignoring the very words of Christ Himself in order to hang on to your doctrine of eternal security? You really need to ask yourself what is most important here, to hang on to a doctrine created in the 16th century or to adhere to the very words Christ spoke to us?
Let's continue this discussion when you show why the Biblical meaning of foreknowledge is post #35 is incorrrect.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Review post #35.

Your issue is with the God-breathed (2Ti 3:160 Holy Scriptures, not me.

As I expected you have no defense. You can’t actually explain anything you just shoot off some random scriptures that don’t apply to the situation and pretend that they are somehow relevant. Notice how I am able to actually explain the scriptures and you refuse to because you can’t. Because if you actually tried to explain the scriptures to support your interpretations your errors will be exposed. You can’t even believe the words Christ actually spoke. Sola scriptura just went right out the window and took a backseat to your doctrine of eternal security. Jesus specifically said that these people were in Him and you say they’re not. Where is your faith? Is it in Christ’s words or Martin Luther’s?

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As I expected you have no defense. You can’t actually explain anything you just shoot off some random scriptures that don’t apply to the situation and pretend that they are somehow relevant. Notice how I am able to actually explain the scriptures and you refuse to because you can’t. Because if you actually tried to explain the scriptures to support your interpretations your errors will be exposed. You can’t even believe the words Christ actually spoke. Sola scriptura just went right out the window and took a backseat to your doctrine of eternal security. Jesus specifically said that these people were in Him and you say they’re not. Where is your faith? Is it in Christ’s words or Martin Luther’s?
Let's continue this discussion when you show why the Biblical meaning of foreknowledge is post #35 is incorrrect.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Did that already but here it goes again.

If we are chosen according to God’s foreknowledge of what He will do then God could not justly punish those who fail to meet His expectations. In order for us to be justly punished for failing to repent and abide in Christ we must be capable of meeting His expectations otherwise His punishment is unjust because you can’t rightly punish someone for failing to meet impossible expectations. However if His election is based on His foreknowledge of what we do then we are in control of our outcome and can be justly held accountable for our actions. This has always been one of the biggest problems with reformed theology it makes God’s judgement upon the unelected unjust. You cannot justly punish someone for failing to do something that they cannot possibly do. Now I have explained why your definition of “foreknowledge” cannot be correct so please explain to me why you think my definition of “foreknowledge” cannot be correct.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Did that already but here it goes again.

If we are chosen according to God’s foreknowledge of what He will do then God could not justly punish those who fail to meet His expectations. In order for us to be justly punished for failing to repent and abide in Christ we must be capable of meeting His expectations otherwise His punishment is unjust because you can’t rightly punish someone for failing to meet impossible expectations. However if His election is based on His foreknowledge of what we do then we are in control of our outcome and can be justly held accountable for our actions. This has always been one of the biggest problems with reformed theology it makes God’s judgement upon the unelected unjust. You cannot justly punish someone for failing to do something that they cannot possibly do. Now I have explained why your definition of “foreknowledge” cannot be correct so please explain to me why you think my definition of “foreknowledge” cannot be correct.
Thanks, but you have given an explanation based in human reasoning.
A Biblical explanation comes from the Word of God written, as in the one I presented, and which is what I am requesting.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks, but you have given an explanation based in human reasoning.
A Biblical explanation comes from the Word of God written, as in the one I presented, and which is what I am requesting.

So you think it is just to punish people for failing to meet impossible expectations then?

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So you think it is just to punish people for failing to meet impossible expectations then?
Let's just continue this discussion when you Biblically show why the Biblical meaning of foreknowledge is post #35 is incorrrect.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Let's just continue this discussion when you Biblically show why the Biblical meaning of foreknowledge is post #35 is incorrrect.

Again you refuse to answer the question. Just like you refuse to explain why you think my explanation of foreknowledge is incorrect despite my asking twice. Ok so I’m sure you will decline to answer this question as well but why does God grant grace to those whom He has not elected to salvation? Why would He do that?

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please include scripture references in your response

Ephesians 1:
In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according
to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will,
12 that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.
13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation;
in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,
14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.
Jesus said, “Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.” (Matthew 5:5)

Is this meekness predestined in a person’s genes, or is it something that may be learned? What is meekness? Is it to be nonviolent, honest, diligent, and sharing?

Jesus also taught, “Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things shall be added to you.” (Matthew 6:33)

Jesus was talking about things like food and clothing. Jesus was seeking an inheritance in heaven. He had given up opportunities to be a village carpenter, to marry and raise a family. He traveled without reservations in an inn. He once said, “The foxes have holes and the birds of the air have nests, but the son of man has no place to lay his head.” Luke 9:58

Jesus was out of doors in the Garden of Gethsemane when he was arrested. The chief priests of the Sanhedrin did want reform and repentance. It was Jesus who rose again, not they.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.