Dec 28, 2021
✟2,917.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, when the law is fulfilled by the Spirit, not the letter, then it will be truly fulfilled.

All is fulfilled without the previous way of Moses, it was distinctions in clean and unclean, but Christ cleaned all.

Also seen of men was ended, now God sought them to worship HIm in the Spirit.

John 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

1 Corinthians 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟320,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So…is it wrong to obey the Ten Commandments, whether or not we’ve ever heard of them? The problem is not the law, which is holy and good; the problem is man, as Paul tells us in Rom 7. Yes, the way of Moses does not work, while the way of Christ does.

• Winner
Reactions: pasifika
Upvote 0

Christian7777777

Dec 28, 2021
✟2,917.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The law is not defined by what we think is wrong doing, it was defined by God written by the finger of God, kept in the ark of the covenant in the Most Holy of God’s Temple that is also revealed in Heaven, Revelations 11:19, now written in our hearts and minds Hebrews 8:10, Jer 31:33 . Breaking one of these commandments is like breaking them all. James 2:10-12, Matthew 5:19

This is the difference of those who prefer their will (their version of God’s law) versus God’s will, His written instructions for us. Jesus gives us this warning we should obey the commandments of God over mans traditions. Matthew 15:3-9.

The law now is exactly that, it is the answer of a good conscience given, compared to the evil conscience man had ( with no understanding then)

Hebrews 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

1 Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

1 Timothy 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

Upvote 0

Christian7777777

Dec 28, 2021
✟2,917.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So…is it wrong to obey the Ten Commandments, whether or not we’ve ever heard of them?

If you ask is it wrong to not obey Christ who showed what is cleansed, and what is true circumcision, then yes.

The day is sanctified, it is the day of salvation, and all is cleaned by Christs blood, cleansing our conscience too.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟470,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If you wish to support different food identification and sabbath keeping, then know circumcision and all by the flesh and all that is praise to men is replaced by the Spirit, to only be praise and seen of God.

Jesus cleaned all, that was the cleansing of us by His blood.

God has wisdom, men have foolishness.

Since you brought up the Sabbath…

Circumcision is not one of the commandments of God, but Sabbath keeping is. Paul tells us what matters is keeping the commandments of God.

1 Corinthians 7:19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters.

If you don’t want to keep the 4th commandment and the holy day of the Lord thy God Exodus 20:8-11 now, what makes you think you will want to one the New Earth or New Heaven, because God’s Sabbath that He promised would be a perpetual covenant Exodus 31:16 will continue to be the day of worship for eternity as promised by God.

Isaiah 66:23 And from one Sabbath to another, All flesh shall come to worship before Me,” says the Lord.

We can trust the promises of God.

It’s been nice chatting, its all I have time for right now. I pray we all seek God in both spirit and Truth. God bless

Upvote 0

Christian7777777

Dec 28, 2021
✟2,917.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Put it around the other way, is it right to not acknowledge that all is cleansed by Christ now, who cleaned the Gentiles ?

Is it right to not change circumcision, now in the Spirit, putting away all the filth of the flesh we could not put away before, by the circumcision of the flesh, as it was part of the law of sin and death?

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟320,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If you ask is it wrong to not obey Christ who showed what is cleansed, and what is true circumcision, then yes.
So you’re saying that it is wrong to obey the Ten Commandments, with or without ever hearing them???

Upvote 0

Christian7777777

Dec 28, 2021
✟2,917.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Since you brought up the Sabbath…

Circumcision is not one of the commandments of God, but Sabbath keeping is. Paul tells us what matters is keeping the commandments of God.

1 Corinthians 7:19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters.

If you don’t want to keep the 4th commandment and the holy day of the Lord thy God Exodus 20:8-11 now, what makes you think you will want to one the New Earth or New Heaven, because God’s Sabbath that He promised would be a perpetual covenant Exodus 31:16 will continue to be the day of worship for eternity as promised by God.

Isaiah 66:23 And from one Sabbath to another, All flesh shall come to worship before Me,” says the Lord.

It’s been nice chatting, its all I have time for right now. I pray we all seek God in both spirit and Truth. God bless

Doing circumcision is part of the law, as being circumcised is a debtor to do the whole law..

Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟320,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Is it right to not change circumcision, now in the Spirit, putting away all the filth of the flesh we could not put away before, by the circumcision of the flesh, as it was part of the law of sin and death?
Yes, the flesh does nothing.

Upvote 0

Christian7777777

Dec 28, 2021
✟2,917.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Sabbath is perpetual, but it of course ids magnified kin our understanding, as previously it could not be honourable to do as the Pharisees, to keep sabbath and break every other part of the law, of mercy faith and the love of God.

Sabbath is kept now by believing in the day of salvation ( previous to this the sabbath days were not kept days of salvation)

Christ is our holiness on every day..

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Christian7777777

Dec 28, 2021
✟2,917.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Think for a moment, do you really believe that flesh comes to worship before the Lord on one day ?

The Lord sought Spirit to worship Him, on each and every day, for ever.

Isaiah 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.

John 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Think for a moment, do you really believe that flesh comes to worship before the Lord on one day ?

The Lord sought Spirit to worship Him, on each and every day, for ever.

Isaiah 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.

We already worship God every day - "in the flesh" (as in - "in the real world", "in real life")
And we already come before God "from Sabbath to Sabbath" to worship -- "in the flesh".

So there is nothing about having an actual body that means that sort of thing can't happen.

But more to the point is that the rules of Exegesis don't allow us to assume that Isaiah and his readers would have assumed that there could not possibly be such a thing as real persons with real bodies coming before God to worship "from Sabbath to Sabbath". That is a hard Bible case to make.

It is like Christ's statement that He would not drink of that communion grape juice again until He drinks it with the saints anew in heaven -- and then saying "but that has to be symbolic because there is no such thing as really drinking grape juice".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟161,016.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So…is it wrong to obey the Ten Commandments, whether or not we’ve ever heard of them? The problem is not the law, which is holy and good; the problem is man, as Paul tells us in Rom 7. Yes, the way of Moses does not work, while the way of Christ does.
And the 10 commandments were given through Moses..and "man" was required under that covenant to obey those commandments for righteousness..

Upvote 0

Christian7777777

Dec 28, 2021
✟2,917.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is like Christ's statement that He would not drink of that communion grape juice again until He drinks it with the saints anew in heaven -- and then saying "but that has to be symbolic because there is no such thing as really drinking grape juice".

Yes, until He drinks it new, WITH YOU.

Lo I am with you, even unto the end of the world.

I will come to you, and not leave you comfortless.

The Comforter, the Spirit of Truth, who dwelled with them (Chist) and who shall be IN THEM ( be with them, new with them).

Matthew 26:29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Drinking that cup of the Lord, is done already of course then, ( as the Lord is newly with us) and we do show the Lords death through drinking this cup new with Him...

1 Corinthians 11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

We did know Christ after the flesh, now we know Him no more ( that way)

Therefore if anyone is in Christ ( and Christ is newly in them) this explains the NEW CREATURE.

All the old testament is passed away, as all is NEW..

2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.
17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

2 Corinthians 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

Further proof that all old is passed away is told directly.

Circumcision ( part of the law as I showed before) avails nothing, only the NEW does..

Galatians 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Christian7777777

Dec 28, 2021
✟2,917.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And the 10 commandments were given through Moses..and "man" was required under that covenant to obey those commandments for righteousness..

Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Upvote 0

Christian7777777

Dec 28, 2021
✟2,917.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God showed what is required of Him, it is to do mercy, to love it ( this is loving God who is mercy)

It is not in any of your disputes, nor in what you think you say that is wise.

Wisdom is in those ho can be silent, how will any of you ever be able to show it.

The law was holy and good, but part of the law was not good, and had to be changed, if you don't know what changed and what was not good, it is the disputing, the strife, your debates, and the lack of humbling, again if you did humble, how quiet any of you would begin to be.

Job 13:5 O that ye would altogether hold your peace! and it should be your wisdom.

Romans 13:13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.

1 Corinthians 3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

2 Corinthians 12:20 For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults:

james 1:19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

Philippians 1:15 Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will:

James 3:14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.

James 3:16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

1 Timothy 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

The doing well pouts to silence the ignorance of foolish men, your talking/strife/wrath does not, never did and never will..

1 Peter 2:15 For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
We already worship God every day - "in the flesh" .
And we already come before God "from Sabbath to Sabbath" to worship -- "in the flesh".

So there is nothing about having an actual body that means that sort of thing can't happen.

But more to the point is that the rules of Exegesis don't allow us to assume that Isaiah and his readers would have assumed that there could not possibly be such a thing as real persons with real bodies coming before God to worship "from Sabbath to Sabbath".

That point is irrefutable

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟161,016.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?
John 6:45.."And they will be taught by God...

Upvote 0