• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

The Holidays blew me into a fog

healy

Apr 25, 2006
✟11,816.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
tomorrow must be better than today because right now today is pretty bad. I have not even eaten since tuesday,just drank. so wow and shame on me again for even trying to help or give support to anyone. my Christmas totally had to be the worst one ever and I drank myself to sleep through most of it.

I have 2 dr appt tomorrow. I also have court. I think I am capable of starting over but this is getting old and expensive.

pray for me. please pray for me.
thanks
healy

TheMainException

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2004
In my universe
✟19,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
No shame friend...accept the situation with a nod and a prayer, but do not be ashamed...God has covered you. Learn and move forward, but never be ashamed. Continue to help others...for in your struggle, you gain valuable knowledge that can help others.

Upvote 0

Barnabas71

Veteran
Nov 4, 2006
✟11,030.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I hope you are well now. Speaking from experience, the enemy can often strike us when we are less alert; and what better time than when we are nice and relaxed and on holiday!

Don’t give up. Keep looking ahead. You sound overall a resilient and determined person. You can make it through. Try if at all possible to spend as much time with friends - if you can. Company is a great way of raising one’s mood and optimism, making you more stronger against falling. The above words are said in Chritian love, and not being preachy. Stay strong.
God bless you. :)

Upvote 0