Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It's always amazing the timing of allegations when they pop up. Why do a bunch of women suddenly pop up, after 40 years, to accuse Roy Moore of sexual misconduct? Or how about when Trump is in the last stretch of securing the presidency?

According to The Hill, Lisa Bloom was instrumental in securing funding for Trump's accusers. Many were offered as much as $750,000 to tell their 'story'.

Bloom seems to have an axe to grind against conservative men, as she's also the woman who went after Bill O'Reilly, yet defended Harvey Weinstein.

In one instance, Lisa was texting with one of the accusers and had this exchange:

“Give us a clear sense of what you need and we will see if it we can get it,” Bloom texted the woman a week before Election Day.

“I’m scared Lisa. I can’t relocate. I don’t like taking other people’s money,” the woman wrote to Bloom.

“Ok let’s not do this then,” Bloom responded. “We are just about out of time anyway.”

The woman then texted back demanding to know why there was a deadline. “What does time have to do with this? Time to bury Trump??? You want my story to bury trump for what? Personal gain? See that 's why I have trust issues!!”

Texts also revealed that accusers kept making 'escalating requests' for more money.

The woman responded that she wasn’t impressed with the new offer of $100,000 given that she had a young daughter. “Hey after thinking about all this, I need more than $100,000.00. College money would be nice” for her daughter. “Plus relocation fees, as we discussed.”

The figured jumped to $200,000 in a series of phone calls with Bloom that week, according to the woman. The support was promised to be tax-free and also included changing her identity and relocating, according to documents and interviews.

Bloom told The Hill that the woman asked for money as high as $2 million in the conversations, an amount that was a nonstarter, but the lawyer confirmed she tried to arrange donations to the woman in the low six figures.

They even attempted to get Clinton Super Pacs to help pay these women.

“It’s my understanding that there is some Clinton Super Pack [sic] that could help out if we did move forward,” the woman wrote Bloom on Oct. 11, 2016. “If we help the Clinton campaign they in turn could help or compensate us?”

Bloom wrote back, “Let’s please do a call. I have already reached out to Clinton Super PACs and they are not paying. I can get you paid for some interviews however.”

Exclusive: Prominent lawyer sought donor cash for two Trump accusers

Quite the interesting story. It's good to see what goes on behind the scenes with false accusations like these. This is why it's not a good idea to immediately jump to GUILTY! when an accusation is made. It's all political.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
It's always amazing the timing of allegations when they pop up. Why do a bunch of women suddenly pop up, after 40 years, to accuse Roy Moore of sexual misconduct? Or how about when Trump is in the last stretch of securing the presidency?

According to The Hill, Lisa Bloom was instrumental in securing funding for Trump's accusers. Many were offered as much as $750,000 to tell their 'story'.

Bloom seems to have an axe to grind against conservative men, as she's also the woman who went after Bill O'Reilly, yet defended Harvey Weinstein.

In one instance, Lisa was texting with one of the accusers and had this exchange:

Texts also revealed that accusers kept making 'escalating requests' for more money.

They even attempted to get Clinton Super Pacs to help pay these women.

Exclusive: Prominent lawyer sought donor cash for two Trump accusers

Quite the interesting story. It's good to see what goes on behind the scenes with false accusations like these. This is why it's not a good idea to immediately jump to GUILTY! when an accusation is made. It's all political.

God have mercy!!!

Sickening.

:sick:

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,854.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I asked to be banned from the political sections of the forum, so I do not see the posts in there. Just current news events, but since this is a new story, it fits here as well.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I asked to be banned from the political sections of the forum, so I do not see the posts in there. Just current news events, but since this is a new story, it fits here as well.
Okay, understandable. But it's a bit irritating when the news forum is filled to the brim with political news when the same news is also posted on the politics forum. There's more to the world than politics (and especially american politics)...

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,854.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Okay, understandable. But it's a bit irritating when the news forum is filled to the brim with political news when the same news is also posted on the politics forum. There's more to the world than politics (and especially american politics)...
Hey, this is America. We're better than everyone else. :p jk I understand.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I do think a counter to this would be that just because someone was offered money to tell a story doesn't mean it was false. Things are either true or false. The exchange of money only makes it more plausible that it was false.

Then again, if you had someone bragging on tape about not waiting for consent to kiss and grope women, it makes any allegations that the person didn't wait to kiss or grope women a bit more credible.

• Agree
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,854.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well, when said accuser was a Trump supporter, remained a Trump supporter, and is still good friends with people in his circle, I think it makes it look like exaggerated tales to tell a story. They were not bothered by Trump before, but once you start throwing around hundreds of thousands of dollars, then your recall starts to shift a bit.

Upvote 0

Dawnhammer

Mar 5, 2017
Denmark
✟23,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They were not bothered by Trump before, but once you start throwing around hundreds of thousands of dollars, then your recall starts to shift a bit.

Maybe people think that going against current POTUS who is spiteful, regularly uses tweets to humiliate any opponent and holds a grudges until they die of old age is not worth it without some form of compensation no matter what slights they might have suffered themselves?

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,854.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
These alleged incidents happened WAY before there was a Twitter. I'm all for busting sleezy guys, but when you choose a particular time, aided by offers of hundreds of thousands of dollars, to come forward, and it's literally right before the election, that sounds like something is fishy. The woman who accused Roy Moore lived in his district for 40 years. Didn't say a darn thing, even as he progressed. But, the moment he's a sure-fire win to enter the senate, here comes Gloria Allred (Lisa Bloom's mom...I wonder if the apple fell far from the tree) with baseless accusations, proof that the 'evidence' was tampered with, and refusing to release said evidence to the public so they can decide for themselves, that speaks volumes.

You have nothing to prove Trump did these things. Now you have proof they were heavily paid to tell their stories. For me, that's enough. And after being accused NUMEROUS times for not being such a good Christian for supporting Trump, even told I condone sexual assaults, I feel quite vindicated.

I've been saying it for awhile now. All these stories against him...all you need to do is give it time. Once the predictable liberal roar dies down, the real evidence comes to light.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,854.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It's also telling how quick Lisa Bloom dropped one of the allegations because 'there wasn't enough time.' I mean, if she really cared about the woman and her story, she would've stuck by them and defended them. But she dropped them because there wasn't enough time? This absolutely proves to me that the allegations had a single purpose...to knock Trump out of the race.

Upvote 0

Dawnhammer

Mar 5, 2017
Denmark
✟23,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You have nothing to prove Trump did these things.

We do have Trump on video telling that he grabs women by genitals without waiting. What is that if not sexual assault?

It is kind of indication of the fine character Trump has.

Nice that you feel vindicated when defending the old lecher and reinforce your image as good Christian like Trump.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,854.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No. He's not admitting sexual assault in that tape. What part of, "when you're rich, they let you do it?" is rape? He's joking around with another guy. Guys do that. They brag about things they haven't done with women all the time. At worst, he's saying women throw themselves at him. You can judge him to the pits of hell, for something you have no idea if he did or didn't, like a nice Christian, but you have nothing to go on to base your accusations.

And now you have evidence, at the very least, that the accusers have no credibility.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
No. He's not admitting sexual assault in that tape. What part of, "when you're rich, they let you do it?" is rape? He's joking around with another guy. Guys do that. They brag about things they haven't done with women all the time. At worst, he's saying women throw themselves at him. You can judge him to the pits of hell, for something you have no idea if he did or didn't, like a nice Christian, but you have nothing to go on to base your accusations.

And now you have evidence, at the very least, that the accusers have no credibility.

Actually, no, that's pretty much textbook sexual harassment. He isn't saying "this woman was all over me". He's saying "I grab them without even asking". That's a mountain of difference.

The entire idea of someone with more power being able to do that to someone with lesser power is the subject of workplace suits all the time. Even if the person with lesser power lets them get away with it at the time, it's a problem.

• Agree
Reactions: comana
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
@Saucy Honest conversation here, man to man.

If you and I were talking and I was the head of a corporation, and I said "It's great, I can do whatever I want to these women and they let me do it because I'm the head of the corporation" would you find anything wrong with that?

Would you be troubled if the head of your daughter's work place were caught saying that?

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Um, Trump is on tape bragging about grabbing women by the _____, etc.

Billy Bush also confirms the tape is authentic.

Trump confessed and repented of it publically.

Ok, you'd better listen to the tape then.

I don't presume anything about the other accusers, but rather wish there was not a statute of limitations on time for prosecution, because if it could be brought to a trial, that would help people feel it was decided as best as could be down here on Earth, instead of forever undecided, and always hanging over him from now on, or from now until the Day to come when nothing will be hidden.

Everything will be revealed, on that Day.

It's a good reason to listen to Christ Jesus in His warning to us:

"Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell."

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Guys do that. They brag about things they haven't done with women all the time.

Do they really though. Do you do that Saucy? I can honestly say I have never engaged in a conversation with my male friends about fantasy stories of what we did with girls.

Maybe it's an American thing?

Upvote 0