Bay Minette
✟15,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The book of Daniel so called (He goat) that comes from the west without touching the ground to take out 2 horns of Mede and persia (is now) taking out the 2nd smaller horn.. This has taken many years to complete.. It is about to be completed.. The first horn was extracted from a pit.. later executed by his own people.. this second horn (coming up last) probably is not going to get any trial..

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
The book of Daniel so called (He goat) that comes from the west without touching the ground to take out 2 horns of Mede and persia (is now) taking out the 2nd smaller horn.. This has taken many years to complete.. It is about to be completed.. The first horn was extracted from a pit.. later executed by his own people.. this second horn (coming up last) probably is not going to get any trial..

He already came and did that some 2500 years ago. Good grief. Did God's prophecies come to pass or didn't they? If the alleged gap is between the 69th and 70th week as the dispensationalists claim, then even by those standards this prophecy is complete.

Upvote 0

Skoaler

Jan 6, 2020
Bay Minette
✟15,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do not care what anyone say's about my thread.. no one can ruin it.. FINALLY within the Reagan years (The song) the song bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb Iran can be fulfilled.. I have waited for this prophecy for almost 40 years to be fulfilled.. the smaller horn coming up last (is) the last clue of Daniel.. People (it is now the actual end time) Do not doubt ..

• Informative
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

This is interesting.... could you be more specific?

I firmly believe in dual fulfillments in the latter days for essentially all major prophecies so I do think you could be onto something important.

Isa 34:16

“Search from the book of the LORD, and read:
Not one of these shall fail;
Not one shall lack her mate.
For My mouth has commanded it, and His Spirit has gathered them.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I do not care what anyone say's about my thread.. no one can ruin it.. FINALLY within the Reagan years (The song) the song bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb Iran can be fulfilled.. I have waited for this prophecy for almost 40 years to be fulfilled.. the smaller horn coming up last (is) the last clue of Daniel.. People (it is now the actual end time) Do not doubt ..

Have you ever researched what was shown to the young Israeli back in 2015 who had a near death experience in September of that year while he was fifteen. He made interesting predictions for the next seven years, (ending in 2022)???

Israeli Teen Returns from 15 Minutes of Clinical Death with Spiritual Messages Concerning the Coming Redemption

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi Skoarler, that part of Daniel 8 is complete, the Medes and the Persians, followed by the Greek empire, followed by the four break-up kingdoms.

What is left, yet to be fulfilled in our time, the end times, are the parts about the little horn person.

Daniel 8:20 The ram which thou sawest having two horns are the kings of Media and Persia.

21 And the rough goat is the king of Grecia: and the great horn that is between his eyes is the first king [Alexander the Great].

22 Now that being broken, whereas four stood up for it, four kingdoms shall stand up out of the nation, but not in his power.

Alexander's Greek kingdom was broken up among other persons called the Diadochi, as four competing kingdoms.

It is not until Daniel 8:23 that it starts talking about the end times. The little horn person is the king of fierce contenance, who ultimately becomes the Antichrist, and then the beast of Revelation. That person has not emerged yet - but close, within the next ten years it appears.

• Informative
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I firmly believe in dual fulfillments in the latter days for essentially all major prophecies

But scripture teaches quadruple fulfillments for essentially all major latter days prophesies.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is not until Daniel 8:23 that it starts talking about the end times.

Douggg, actually it's a lot sooner than verse 23 though. Consider the following verses for a moment.

Daniel 8:15 And it came to pass, when I, even I Daniel, had seen the vision, and sought for the meaning, then, behold, there stood before me as the appearance of a man.
16 And I heard a man's voice between the banks of Ulai, which called, and said, Gabriel, make this man to understand the vision.
17 So he came near where I stood: and when he came, I was afraid, and fell upon my face: but he said unto me, Understand, O son of man: for at the time of the end shall be the vision.
18 Now as he was speaking with me, I was in a deep sleep on my face toward the ground: but he touched me, and set me upright.
19 And he said, Behold, I will make thee know what shall be in the last end of the indignation: for at the time appointed the end shall be.

I would think, based on what these verses say, the verses after verses 15-19 have to be referring to things prior to these verses.

Daniel 8:20 The ram which thou sawest having two horns are the kings of Media and Persia.
21 And the rough goat is the king of Grecia: and the great horn that is between his eyes is the first king.
22 Now that being broken, whereas four stood up for it, four kingdoms shall stand up out of the nation, but not in his power.

These verses are obviously referring to these following verses.

Daniel 8:3 Then I lifted up mine eyes, and saw, and, behold, there stood before the river a ram which had two horns: and the two horns were high; but one was higher than the other, and the higher came up last.
4 I saw the ram pushing westward, and northward, and southward; so that no beasts might stand before him, neither was there any that could deliver out of his hand; but he did according to his will, and became great.
5 And as I was considering, behold, an he goat came from the west on the face of the whole earth, and touched not the ground: and the goat had a notable horn between his eyes.
6 And he came to the ram that had two horns, which I had seen standing before the river, and ran unto him in the fury of his power.
7 And I saw him come close unto the ram, and he was moved with choler against him, and smote the ram, and brake his two horns: and there was no power in the ram to stand before him, but he cast him down to the ground, and stamped upon him: and there was none that could deliver the ram out of his hand.
8 Therefore the he goat waxed very great: and when he was strong, the great horn was broken; and for it came up four notable ones toward the four winds of heaven.

And when we come to these following verses---

Daniel 8:23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.
24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.
25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.
26 And the vision of the evening and the morning which was told is true: wherefore shut thou up the vision; for it shall be for many days.

These verses are obviously referring to these following verses.

Daniel 8:9 And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land.
10 And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them.
11 Yea, he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of his sanctuary was cast down.
12 And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered.
13 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?
14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

To sum it up then. Daniel 8:3-8 belong with Daniel 8:20-22. And Daniel 8:9-14 belong with Daniel 8:23-26. Therefore Daniel 8:9-14 and Daniel 8:23-26 are endtimes, while Daniel 8:3-8 and Daniel 8:20-22 are not.

Even if one disagrees that any of these verses are endtimes, no one should disagree that Daniel 8:3-8 belong with Daniel 8:20-22, and Daniel 8:9-14 belong with Daniel 8:23-26.

So wherever one places Daniel 8:23-26 on the timeline, that is where Daniel 8:9-14 also gets placed on this timeline since these are all referring to the same events. But if one wants to argue that Daniel 8:9-14 and Daniel 8:23-26 are not referring to the same events, to remain consistent one must also argue that neither are Daniel 8:3-8 and Daniel 8:20-22 referring to the same events.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
To sum it up then. Daniel 8:3-8 belong with Daniel 8:20-22. And Daniel 8:9-14 belong with Daniel 8:23-26. Therefore Daniel 8:9-14 and Daniel 8:23-26 are endtimes, while Daniel 8:3-8 and Daniel 8:20-22 are not.
I agree. And you did a good job of matching up the verses.

My comment was to the other poster, and was mainly in regards to Gabriel's explanation, as to who the ram, it's two horns, the goat, it's great horn, the four horns - are all historic to us and not end times. I did not mention that it was Gabriel's explanation. I probably should have.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree. And you did a good job of matching up the verses.

My comment was to the other poster, and was mainly in regards to Gabriel's explanation, as to who the ram, it's two horns, the goat, it's great horn, the four horns - are all historic to us and not end times. I did not mention that it was Gabriel's explanation. I probably should have.

It looks like we are pretty much on the same page then.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Skoaler

Jan 6, 2020
Bay Minette
✟15,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is interesting.... could you be more specific?

I firmly believe in dual fulfillments in the latter days for essentially all major prophecies so I do think you could be onto something important.

Isa 34:16

“Search from the book of the LORD, and read:
Not one of these shall fail;
Not one shall lack her mate.
For My mouth has commanded it, and His Spirit has gathered them.
This is all about the (grand finale guys) Everything in all prophetic books points to this.. all old testament prophecies were fulfilled.. but that does not get us off the hook thousands of years later.. Those prophecies were symbols of (the big one.. the finale) when knowledge will be increased and people are more concerned about a delayed airline flight than they are about (The actual end of all things) People will be musing around with no clue.. (It is your job- calling) as Christ called.. to figure out how to get out there and let them know this (is) coming.. You see the prophecies (Knowledge is increased) people running to and fro (without care) Maybe just start with (Telling a friend) start from there (They will) never visit this site on their own.. and they will never be aware.. Tell them to maybe buy a sleeping bag and a camper food kit and a go bag.. and tell them it will not last more than about a month.. but within that month even the special forces will be cursing God.. That is how bad the actual end will be for all on this Land

• Informative
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
This is all about the (grand finale guys) Everything in all prophetic books points to this.. all old testament prophecies were fulfilled.. but that does not get us off the hook thousands of years later.. Those prophecies were symbols of (the big one.. the finale) when knowledge will be increased and people are more concerned about a delayed airline flight than they are about (The actual end of all things) People will be musing around with no clue.. (It is your job- calling) as Christ called.. to figure out how to get out there and let them know this (is) coming.. You see the prophecies (Knowledge is increased) people running to and fro (without care) Maybe just start with (Telling a friend) start from there (They will) never visit this site on their own.. and they will never be aware.. Tell them to maybe buy a sleeping bag and a camper food kit and a go bag.. and tell them it will not last more than about a month.. but within that month even the special forces will be cursing God.. That is how bad the actual end will be for all on this Land

I have heard a very different take on this next decade if you are interested.

Upvote 0

Skoaler

Jan 6, 2020
Bay Minette
✟15,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe -- this is about an end time super government that has successive rulers... Also understand that it was made clear that (none) of the book of Daniel prophecies would be understood (until the actual end time) An angel sealed and blocked it and said go your way.. it will not be understood until the actual end.. So what is the purpose of anyone saying the prophecies of Daniel was fulfilled thousands of years ago and to forget it and it means nothing for today ..(I believe) we are at this actual end time.. and I believe that (You) who are posting here on this topic are posting because (You know) you are a part of this.. Just like Jesus disciples ... up and followed and went along.. some left and some stayed.. (all) questioned things and all wanted to know what their position would be.. Any of you could be someone predicted.. Just like in Jesus day.. Remember - this is the (Actual end) - the Finale.. It is to be the big one.. So make sure you all post.. but make it good.. and do not look ancient.. because it is (you) alive here today.. This is your time to shine.. do not blow your soul with an (all prophecy has already been fulfilled reply)

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi skoaler,

That's an interesting understanding. We'll have to keep our eyes open for future events. I've long felt that the U.S. is likely the first beast of the Revelation of Jesus, and so I'm watching events unfolding also. The U.S., since 1776 has been rising up out of the sea. If there is any nation that the world would say, "Who can make war with the beast", that would be the U.S. We are constantly being reminded of our great and awesome power to make war and that our military can defend us from any attempt that some other nation may have to 'make war' with us. “Who is like the beast? Who can wage war against it?”

However, as God's word encourages us: ”This calls for patient endurance and faithfulness on the part of God’s people. So, I'm willing to allow that I could be wrong. Only the continued unfolding of future events will determine the truth as we patiently await with endurance and faithfulness.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums