Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The Gospel is the Good News of Jesus Christ, it's not "catholic ideology."

The Bible is not catholic ideology.

There are many, many Christian books that teach us about God, the Bible and other Christians' experience. But the books of the NT were selected because they were written by apostles, friends of apostles and were in line with the apostles' teaching. The apostles, as you know, were with Jesus for 3 years and personally taught by him.
I don't know what you mean by "catholic ideology", but some of the things they believe in don't even seem to be in the NT; so it is definitely not a handbook of catholic dosctrine.

If we didn't have the Bible, how else would we know about Jesus - even that he existed, never mind what he said and did?

So the canon, i.e of Scripture, is handpicked to suit catholics and is about catholicism, it is not true or the word of God - and yet you follow the words of Christ which are recorded in the Bible?
You also asked me to produce Scriptures to illustrate what I was saying earlier; yet you don't seem to have much faith in Scripture. How does that work?

Q. How do you know that other "Christian Scriptures" are true; how do you test/measure them? Or do you believe anything that says "these are the words of Jesus"? Because if so, you will probably be susceptible to any cult that comes along - like the Moonies, whose leader said, "I have spoken with Jesus and he told me, in his own words, that I am the chosen one to .........". Christians reject this claim because it contradicts, and doesn't match with, Scripture. But if you believe that Scripture itself is untrue/unreliable, what do you do with such a claim?

Do you seek and find? Doesn't sound like it.

The Christian biblical canons are the books Christians regard as divinely inspired and which constitute a Christian Bible. Which books constituted the Christian biblical canons of both the Old and New Testament was generally established by the 5th century, despite some scholarly disagreements,[1] for the ancient undivided Church (the Catholic and Eastern Orthodox traditions, before the East–West Schism).

The Catholics created the Canon Bible in the 5th century, Codex Vaticanus. Learn before you speak and look foolish.

In the wake of the Protestant Reformation, the Catholic canon was reaffirmed by the Catholic Church at the Council of Trent (1546), which provided "the first infallible and effectually promulgated pronouncement on the Canon" by the Roman Catholic Church.[2] The canons of the Church of England and English Calvinists were decided definitively by the Thirty-Nine Articles (1563) and the Westminster Confession of Faith (1647), respectively. The Synod of Jerusalem (1672) established additional canons that are widely accepted throughout the Orthodox Church.

The catholic ideology started some years after Christs resurrection. The Disciples taught the Gospel. Paul taught the Gospel. The catholic ideology teaches the Bible. It's as simple as that. Choose who you wish to follow.

The OT = mammon/material wealth, the physical law/god). The Gospel = spiritual, Jesus Christ, love/Father

Mammon is love of material things. Land, buildings, beautiful garments, etc. Jesus had none. The church?

Matthew 6:24
No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,155.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you seek and find? Doesn't sound like it.

Why? Because I disagree with you?

The Catholics created the Canon Bible in the 5th century, Codex Vaticanus. Learn before you speak and look foolish.

How rude.

The catholic ideology started some years after Christs resurrection. The Disciples taught the Gospel. Paul taught the Gospel. The catholic ideology teaches the Bible. It's as simple as that. Choose who you wish to follow.

The OT = mammon/material wealth, the physical law/god). The Gospel = spiritual, Jesus Christ, love/Father

Mammon is love of material things. Land, buildings, beautiful garments, etc. Jesus had none. The church?

Matthew 6:24
No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

You clearly have some disagreement with the Catholic church, and maybe their buildings etc. I am not a Catholic, I read the Bible and follow Jesus.

As you said earlier, there is probably no point in pursuing this any further - and we're doubtless way off topic from the original post.
If you start another thread on the reliability of Scripture, or something, I might contribute; otherwise, carry on believing what seems right to you.

Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Why? Because I disagree with you?

How rude.

You clearly have some disagreement with the Catholic church, and maybe their buildings etc. I am not a Catholic, I read the Bible and follow Jesus.

As you said earlier, there is probably no point in pursuing this any further - and we're doubtless way off topic from the original post.
If you start another thread on the reliability of Scripture, or something, I might contribute; otherwise, carry on believing what seems right to you.

My apologies for offending.

Jesus says that Christians are identified by their movement and repose. I have spent too much time here and am drained (as I told my friend he-man). I left a few years ago when this happened, and must again. I wanted to a week or so ago but some PMs from some nice people has made me tarry. If one stays too long in one place, he becomes the place.

My friends said I shouldn't come here, but felt a (spiritual) need to. In prayer tomorrow morning, maybe I will feel I can return home.

Vacating this thread. Peace.

Dan

Upvote 0

Johan Abrahams

Feb 27, 2017
Robertson, South Africa
Visit site
✟30,735.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Israel's Remnant Taunts Babylon

And we will find this new anointing of God. Taunting. And we will learn to taunt the “self”/flesh when it wants to rule again.

Isa 14:3 And it shall come to pass in the day that the LORD shall give thee rest from thy sorrow, and from thy fear, and from the hard bondage wherein thou wast made to serve,

And we will sing that Go gave us rest from the sorrow that the flesh brought and the fear that it brought and the “hard bondage” with which it ruled us.

Isa 14:4 That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!

And we will taunt against the king of Babylon “self/the flesh” which was the oppressor. He has ceased.

Isa 14:5 The LORD hath broken the staff of the wicked, and the sceptre of the rulers.

God has broken the staff and sceptre which is the law.

Gal 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Isa 14:6 He who smote the people in wrath with a continual stroke, he that ruled the nations in anger, is persecuted, and none hindereth.

The law kept on beating and beating persecuting us without us having the power to stop it.

Isa 14:7 The whole earth is at rest, and is quiet: they break forth into singing.

Now we are resting.

At peace.

Heb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Isa 14:8 Yea, the fir trees rejoice at thee, and the cedars of Lebanon, saying, Since thou art laid down, no feller is come up against us.

And joy fill us because nothing is coming against us anymore.

Isa 14:9 Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations.

And self? Hell is meeting with you. Every king/spirit/evil have given up their ruling position in your life.

Isa 14:10 All they shall speak and say unto thee, Art thou also become weak as we? art thou become like unto us?

And all of them will say to self. You are also weak now.

Isa 14:11 Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.

You have been full of pride and singing but worms are now under and as cover

Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

You were the shiny one. You are down now.

Isa 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

And you said that you will be above the angels. Having conversations with the heavenlies.

Isa 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

You said that you will be god yourself and creating a live for yourself.

Isa 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

But you are in hell now.

Isa 14:16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

And those that really see “self/the flesh” will say: Is it really him that created all the evil for whom everybody feared?

Isa 14:17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

Is it really him that destroyed our lives and kept us prisoners

Isa 14:18 All the kings of the nations, even all of them, lie in glory, every one in his own house.

And we will realize that yes. And those we blamed, the “satan” and his angels? We will realize that it was never them. They just brought obediently to God the temptations but self made it a reality.

Jas 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

Jas 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

Jas 1:15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Upvote 0