The Hardest Group Of People To Reach For Christ...

TraceMalin

Jun 27, 2007
Pocono Mountains
Visit site
✟10,645.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have a friend who, when meeting strangers who call themselves Christians, he immediately takes it upon himself to become the gatekeeper to God. He starts off asking questions about what they believe and then picks apart the minor details of their belief as if their souls are on the line. "Um, excuse me, Dude, didn't that person just confess with his/her mouth that Jesus is his or her savior?" His biggest fear is that they don't take the Bible literally as he learned in his non-denominational church. We've nearly gotten into an actual fight when he left a girl in tears who shared her conversion to Christ story with us. She believed that not all of the Bible is literal. During my theology studies at a Catholic college, I learned about the use of figurative language in Hebrew. He can't accept that Jesus was a devout Jew. We cannot separate Jesus' teachings from Jewish interpretations of the Torah. His teachings fulfilled the law. You are not going to Hell if you interpret 7 days, 3 days, 40 days/40 nights as factual or literal. You aren't going to hell if you believe hell is eternal burning or eternal destruction where consciousness doesn't exist. As long as you believe that Jesus paid for our sins on the cross and His blood justifies us in the eyes of God and you accept the free get out of death card God gave us you are saved. Do not most Christians believe in Christ?

Upvote 0

MercyandFaith

Dec 25, 2012
✟22,126.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is such a thing as "spiritual vaccination." If someone's first encounter with Christianity is a bad one, they will be vaccinated against Christianity. From that point on, any subsequent attempt to evangelize them will cause them to dig up their bad memories of Christianity, and reject it.

Upvote 0

Bro. Dave Gardner

Sep 9, 2019
New England
✟19,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As long as you believe that Jesus paid for our sins on the cross and His blood justifies us in the eyes of God and you accept the free get out of death card God gave us you are saved.
This could be seen as a form of gatekeeping.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Do not most Christians believe in Christ?
What does the Bible say ?

"Even the demons believe, and shudder in terror"....

"On Judgment Day, multitudes of "Christians", (sure they have made it to heaven),
are told "begone from Me" " ....

Few? Many? Most ? < shrugs > What does the Bible Say ? It is Truth, It is God's Word.

Upvote 0