Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome, "black-on-black" crime is a racist concept. Most crime is intraracial. Singling out black people for intraracial crime as if it's special or different from white-on-white crime is a racist idea.
I believe the idea of the OP is that all Black Lives Matter. Perhaps that is why he focused on intraracial data.

If the BLM movement is solely to point out police crime on Blacks, then they should advertise as such. Meanwhile, people of the same race are killing and wounding each other across the US and not a peep out of the media or BLM. Seems to be a bit hypocritical as intraracial murders and shootings seem to be a systemic problem as well.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟650,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Welcome, "black-on-black" crime is a racist concept. Most crime is intraracial. Singling out black people for intraracial crime as if it's special or different from white-on-white crime is a racist idea.

So is focusing on the idea that Black lives matter only when a black person is killed (or offended) by a white person. Either black lives matter, or they only matter in certain situations.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
I believe the idea of the OP is that all Black Lives Matter. Perhaps that is why he focused on intraracial data.

If the BLM movement is solely to point out police crime on Blacks, then they should advertise as such. Meanwhile, people of the same race are killing and wounding each other across the US and not a peep out of the media or BLM. Seems to be a bit hypocritical as intraracial murders and shootings seem to be a systemic problem as well.
Susan G Komen for the Cure holds an event, Race for the Cure, I was so confused. Here I am showing up and thinking it's about chicken pox and all they were trying to cure was breast cancer. Can you believe that?! We can keep making disingenuous arguments or recognize a movement focused on police brutality/misconduct is focused on police brutality/misconduct. If you care, perhaps you should redirect your attention to the pro-life people that support war, the death penalty, and other measures that deny people food and shelter. :yawn:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Example:
How many blacks were killed in Chicago last week.
How many were because of unjustified Police brutality?
How many by Black gang members, or just so called random street crime in the Black community by black criminals?

When this problem in Chicago is addressed by Blacks, and the BLM movement then we will know that Black Lives really do matter, until then, I guess not so much unless they as a movement get to riot.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Susan G Komen for the Cure holds an event, Race for the Cure, I was so confused. Here I am showing up and thinking it's about chicken pox and all they were trying to cure was breast cancer. Can you believe that?! We can keep making disingenuous arguments or recognize a movement focused on police brutality/misconduct is focused on police brutality/misconduct. If you care, perhaps you should redirect your attention to the pro-life people that support war, the death penalty, and other measures that deny people food and shelter. :yawn:
I believe this is a false equivalent you like to use to avoid actually engaging in conversation.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
If you care, perhaps you should redirect your attention to the pro-life people that support war, the death penalty, and other measures that deny people food and shelter.

All of the Ills of our society cannot and will not be solved all at the same time, focus on what is in the light NOW, then shine that lite on the next problem and solve that one in turn.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Example:
How many blacks were killed in Chicago last week.
How many were because of unjustified Police brutality?
How many by Black gang members, or just so called random street crime in the Black community by black criminals?

When this problem in Chicago is addressed by Blacks, and the BLM movement then we will know that Black Lives really do matter, until then, I guess not so much unless they as a movement get to riot.
So are you upset with the pro-life crowd for just focusing on abortion and not on car accident deaths? We know this is a disingenuous argument and it isn’t slowing, stopping, or hurting the movement one iota.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
So are you upset with the pro-life crowd for just focusing on abortion and not on car accident deaths? We know this is a disingenuous argument and it isn’t slowing, stopping, or hurting the movement one iota.
Isn't it funny when the point of the argument is missed. It's also telling that people want to tell Black people what they should be focused on. I am reminded of something I read by the John Birch Society regarding the Civil Rights Movement. Much of what we hear today is exactly what they said in opposition to civil rights.

What's Wrong with Civil Rights?
Let's begin with two basic premises. (1) There are injustices to our African American citizens still prevalent in some places. And they should be eliminated. (2) A huge majority of the American people, of both races, who now give their moral support to opposing police brutality, are good people, with idealistic motives. And their excellent intentions must be realized.

But let's put both of these observations in proper perspective. And in doing so, let's bring some hard truths and plain common sense to bear on a very tricky subject. For it is stupid to sink a great ship because it has a few dirty splotches. And unless there is a better more rapid understanding of what is really taking place, far left activists are going to sink our whole ship of state under the excuse that they are trying to wash away the dirt.

1. The Exaggerated Problem
African Americans in the United States are so much better off than people of African descent anywhere else in the world. But the whole truth goes much further.

A. The average African American has a tremendously higher standard of living than people of African descent anywhere else; and far higher, in fact, than at least four-fifths of the earth's population of all races combined. African Americans own more automobiles than all sub-Saharan Africans combined.

B. The average African American not only has a far higher standard of literacy, but better education opportunities, than people of African descent anywhere else.

C. The average African American has complete freedom of religion, freedom of movement, and freedom to run his own life as he pleases.

D. So what is all of the complaining about? Basically, the answer is very simple. It is through the opportunities originally provided by the economic enterprise of White Americans, through emulation by African Americans of his white neighbor's ways, and through gradual adoption and absorption of the various spiritual, material, and political elements of American culture, that African Americans have been able in a brief 150 years to raise himself to this level so far above the vast body of mankind. With the inevitable result, under the circumstances, that he has not yet achieved a par with the very leadership he was emulating; and that there still remain differences, as a general rule, in the economic, literate, and social levels of the two races. And the agitators behind these protests demand that a complete and absolute disregard of those differences.

Now queue out-of-wedlock birth rate arguments, queue black-on-black crime arguments, queue argument about disrespect for demanding equality... Never address the inequality, claim the inequality is their fault or argue that I will only listen to calls for equality on my terms (i.e., your silence).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I believe this is a false equivalent you like to use to avoid actually engaging in conversation.
And this right here highlights one of the major issues with the movement.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Isn't it funny when the point of the argument is missed. It's also telling that people want to tell Black people what they should be focused on. I am reminded of something I read by the John Birch Society regarding the Civil Rights Movement. Much of what we hear today is exactly what they said in opposition to civil rights.

What's Wrong with Civil Rights?

Now queue out-of-wedlock birth rate arguments, queue black-on-black crime arguments, queue argument about disrespect for demanding equality... Never address the inequality, claim the inequality is their fault or argue that I will only listen to calls for equality on my terms (i.e., your silence).
Wow, 60 years later, same rhetoric. We have to break this cycle.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Or the pro-life people being against social distancing and lockdowns - 120,000 death and counting.

Regardless of whether blacks are being killed in black neighborhoods, being killed by their acquaintances or not, by gangs or not. It doesn't detract from the issue that blacks are being disproportionately harmed and killed by police. Police brutality is a thing. Evident by videos of unarmed people being beaten and killed by police.

Whites (and all colours) should be supporting the BLM. If the BLM wins then police procedures and behaviours will improve, this will mean less blacks AND less whites AND less all others too from being brutalised and killed by police. Don't be off-put by the word "Black" being used in the name of the movement.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What is disingenuous is the name BLM because that is not what the group is about.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Or the pro-life people being against social distancing and lockdowns - 120,000 death and counting.

Regardless of whether blacks are being killed in black neighborhoods, being killed by their acquaintances or not, by gangs or not. It doesn't detract from the issue that blacks are being disproportionately harmed and killed by police. Police brutality is a thing. Evident by videos of unarmed people being beaten and killed by police.

Whites (and all colours) should be supporting the BLM. If the BLM wins then police procedures and behaviours will improve, this will mean less blacks AND less whites AND less all others too from being brutalised and killed by police. Don't be off-put by the word "Black" being used in the name of the movement.
If blacks are disproportionate it is for the same reason that males are disproportionately charged with rape. Look at the true statistics it is disproportional because the rate of crime is disproportional and for no other reason. And all this fuss is about less than 15 unarmed blacks killed by police last year most of which were found to be appropriate use of force. This whole problem is simply not a problem and is only an excuse to find a way to gain power.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If the BLM wins then police procedures and behaviours will improve, this will mean less blacks AND less whites AND less all others too from being brutalised and killed by police.

If BLM wins, then there will be fewer police, and more crime, and the number of black murder victims will rise even higher.

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I am getting fed up by this topic again and again, even Christian forums are mostly about American politics and racism these days, instead of theology.

But again:

a) Are there any stats saying if black people kill more white people than the opposite?

b) Also if more white people rape black people than vice versa.

Last edited:
Upvote 0