The Gurney Clan's goin' to the Holy Land!

Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey Everybody,

A while back I posted a thread about how we were on the prowl for a big overseas vacation. Israel and Jordan were on our radar pretty strongly, but we were concerned about winter weather. Well, after a lot of hanging out in the Tripadvisor Forums (I know, I committed forum adultery!), and talking with folks who have been there, reading up online, it actually looks like a great time to go. We had the opportunity today to jump on a good deal, so we booked it. We'll be in Israel and Jordan for a couple of weeks. We're SUPER excited!

I can go to Petra and let Father Matt know if the Holy Grail is still down between those cracked fissures in the ground that Elsa Schneider fell into in her greediness (sorry for another obscure reference; Father Matt will get it).

Anyway, we'll be hitting all the major holy sites plus Roman and Greek antiquities also. I've wanted to travel to Israel all my life. Dream come true...God willing.

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟293,971.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Hey Everybody,

A while back I posted a thread about how we were on the prowl for a big overseas vacation. Israel and Jordan were on our radar pretty strongly, but we were concerned about winter weather. Well, after a lot of hanging out in the Tripadvisor Forums (I know, I committed forum adultery!), and talking with folks who have been there, reading up online, it actually looks like a great time to go. We had the opportunity today to jump on a good deal, so we booked it. We'll be in Israel and Jordan for a couple of weeks. We're SUPER excited!

I can go to Petra and let Father Matt know if the Holy Grail is still down between those cracked fissures in the ground that Elsa Schneider fell into in her greediness (sorry for another obscure reference; Father Matt will get it).

Anyway, we'll be hitting all the major holy sites plus Roman and Greek antiquities also. I've wanted to travel to Israel all my life. Dream come true...God willing.

I'm so happy for you! It's a wonderful place to visit. I hope you benefit from it spiritually. Deus vult!

Upvote 0

Phronema

Orthodox Christian
Angels Team
Supporter
Dec 2, 2016
Florida Panhandle
✟738,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Take a drone, it might be a long way down there! :D My favorite of those movies.

Jokes aside. I hope you have a good, and safe trip. I'm happy that you, and your family are able to enjoy such a wonderful place. All the things you've listed are subjects/locations that I would also visit if I were there. Please take some pictures so I can live vicariously through them if you don't mind! :)

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟293,971.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
nope, I mean Jehovah

I thought that was rejected as a misspelling or mistranslation of the name Jahve...
At least that's what we learn at the faculty and in church.

Anyway, I'll let Gourney have his thread.
Going to Israel is so so cool ! This is going to be a before and after experience brother.

Upvote 0

Phronema

Orthodox Christian
Angels Team
Supporter
Dec 2, 2016
Florida Panhandle
✟738,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I thought that was rejected as a misspelling or mistranslation of the name Jahve...

Father Matt and Gurney are quoting a movie.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,455,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Anyway, I'll let Gourney have his thread.
Going to Israel is so so cool ! This is going to be a before and after experience brother.

oh, it was. he and I referenced Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟293,971.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Oh no, once again I'm left clueless :p
Well then I understand :) I started to believe you guys actually used Jehova as a name for God.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Phronema
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,455,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Oh no, once again I'm left clueless :p
Well then I understand :) I started to believe you guys actually used Jehova as a name for God.

no, whoever started doing that didn't do any research.

he chose....poorly....

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,013,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Not so obscure :) love that movie

Upvote 0

Mary of Bethany

Only one thing is needful.
Supporter
Jul 8, 2004
✟341,456.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
That's wonderful, Gurney!

Remember to be penitent!

Hey Everybody,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,455,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm a little nervous about crossing the invisible bridge, and I'll be sure not to drink from any fancy goblets!

just remember to pick the cup of a carpenter, and not be fooled by one that truly looks like the cup of the King of Kings.

also, be wary if a group of guys in fezzes and pinstripe suits.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi Dot!!

Nice to hear from you!!!

I have a gift!?

I teach 6th grade—language arts, math, history, science, you name it!!

Sounds awesome! What a blessing!

On a side note, what subject do you teach in school? Have you ever thought about writing a novel or short story or something. You've got a gift. :)

Reactions: Dorothea
Upvote 0