✟739,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Welcome, Father.

I'm really enjoying this as history is what brought me to Orthodoxy, and to have it in English is just over the top. I'm so very lucky and blessed to be able to see this and not be there.

Upvote 0

Phronema

Orthodox Christian
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2016
Florida Panhandle
✟739,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
@ArmyMatt

Father, by chance did you happen to watch this? If so, any thoughts on what Father Andrew had to say? Also what are your thoughts on Ecumenism? I don't want to open a can of worms here. Is this something that someone new to the church should just not focus on? It seems that to be the case to me, but I'd like your thoughts on this if you don't mind.

Edit: Wrong Priest :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
@ArmyMatt

Father, by chance did you happen to watch this? If so, any thoughts on what Father Thomas had to say? Also what are your thoughts on Ecumenism? I don't want to open a can of worms here. Is this something that someone new to the church should just not focus on? It seems that to be the case to me, but I'd like your thoughts on this if you don't mind.

not yet, but I do have some free time tomorrow.

as for ecumenism it depends. I am all about dialogue, but at the same time we gotta speak the truth in love, and that means we can't ignore the fact that the West has a lot of heresy. and this ecumenist line that the differences between us and Rome as not being that great is false.

Reactions: Phronema
Upvote 0

Phronema

Orthodox Christian
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2016
Florida Panhandle
✟739,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for the response, Father.

I'm certainly no expert, but from what I heard of Father Andrew he laid down the differences, and at times was brutally honest but was loving in the end. I'd be interested to hear your take on it when you have the chance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0