Portal *34.05807 -118.24862*
✟26,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Topic: The Great White Throne; also, Knowing and Understanding God.

It is written:

"And I saw [a great white throne], and HIM that sat on it, from whose FACE [the earth] (Grk. "ge" -- "the abode of humans and animals") and [the heaven] (Grk. "ouranos" -- the first and second heavens") FLED AWAY; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the DEAD, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. An DEATH and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." (Revelation 20:11-15)

This judgment takes place in the Third heaven (i.e.- *the abode of God and celestial beings* -- *the Eternal City, and The Father's House*). The Third Heaven is beyond the reaches of BOTH the Earth and heaven (i.e., "the first and second heaven" -- which refers to the "atmospheric" and "starry" heavens where Satan and his fallen flunkies do their dirty work) -- and it isn't going anywhere. This judgment (The Great White Throne) is NOT located or situated at a place that is different from The Third Heaven. God's Throne isn't moving, and it is Eternal.

The word DEAD in the passage above does not refer to the annihilation of the body and soul; but rather a SEPARATION of something to which it naturally belongs to. E.g., "Even so faith, if it hath not works, is DEAD, [being ALONE]"; "Faith WITHOUT works is DEAD?"; and, "For as the body without the spirit is DEAD, so FAITH [without] works is DEAD also". (James 2:17, 20, 26). That passage from above refers to an Unnatural Separation from God Himself. That is the EXACT opposite of having FELLOWSHIP with God and His Eternal Family.

"And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels. In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with [everlasting destruction] FROM the presence of the Lord, and FROM the glory of his power." (2 Thessalonians 1:7-9)

The dead cannot be FROM the [presence of the Lord], and FROM the [Glory of his power] if they are annihilated and non-existent; they wouldn't be ANYWHERE.

Who is seated upon the Great White Throne? In brief understanding according to our finite minds: The Godhead! The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit; Three Co-Equal and Co-Eternal, distinct persons. The ancient Jews realized that the God of Israel was *unique* in comparison to all the other "gods" found in any other religion (Deut. 4:39; 32:39; 2 Sam. 7:22; Isa. 37:16; 44:8; 45:5; 46:9; Neh. 9:6; Ps. 86:10; Mk. 12:32; Jn. 17:3; 1 Tim. 1:17; et al.). He is self-sustaining (i.e., "His Aseity"), and has attributes unlike any of the false gods in all the religions of this world. The Triune God is often misunderstood as being "three" Gods by all the false religions of this fallen and corrupt World; or by those that receive not the things of the Spirit of God (cf. Job 5:13; Isa. 29:14; Prov. 16:25; 1 Cor. 2:14; 3:19). If ONLY the Father was Eternal, and the Son or the Holy Spirit were not -- then it would be questionable as to how God can be ONE in BEING. God is ONE in Divine Essence and Nature as with with the other persons of the Godhead; and their *Attributes* are IMMUTABLE. This can ONLY be if ALL three persons of the Godhead are ETERNAL; i.e., there was, or never will be any "progression" or mutability in terms of the Nature, Divine Essence, Knowledge, and Power of each member of the Godhead.

I want to make this crystal clear that there is ONLY One Throne. God does not need another throne to sit upon. God does not say unto Himself, "I have several colored thrones; and they each have different shades of color depending on the mood I'm in." The color WHITE represents God's ABSOLUTE HOLINESS AND PURITY.

"I AND my Father are ONE." (John 10:30)

"For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed [all judgment] unto the Son:" (John 5:22)

"And there shall be no more curse: but [THE throne] of GOD [and] of the LAMB shall be in it; and HIS servants shall serve HIM: And they shall see HIS FACE (i.e., "the Face of God in the Glorified Christ"); and HIS name shall be in their foreheads." (Revelation 22:3-4)

"And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of [God did lighten it], and the [Lamb is the light] thereof." (Revelation 21:23)

"Who alone hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, NOR CAN SEE: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen." (1 Timothy 6:16)

There is but ONE THRONE; and BOTH the Father AND the Son are seated upon it. BOTH the Father AND the Son are referred to as HIM (singular pronoun). God the Father is invisible; and He can ONLY be seen through Jesus Christ -- who is the Living Word of God.

"Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not KNOWN me, Philip? he that hath [seen me] hath [seen the Father]; and how sayest thou then, SHOWETH us the Father?" (John 14:9)

It is written:

"But let him that glorieth (i.e., "to boast") glory in this, that he UNDERSTANDETH and KNOWETH me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD." (Jeremiah 9:24)

The word "know" means the same in both the Biblical Hebrew and Greek language. Heb. "yada"; Grk. "ginosko" -- the LXX Septuagint rendering of "ginosko" is "yada"; both speaking of an intimate and loving relationship with another person. The Islamic god of the Quran is regarded as ONLY one person as their "holy" book suggests. Love is something that is directed towards someone else other than ourselves. In order for God to be God, He would have to be PERFECT in every way, and perfect in love; and since God is an Eternal Being, His love would have had to be directed toward someone OTHER than Himself from Eternity past. The god of the Quran is a singular entity and person, and thus cannot possess perfect love because such a "love" was never directed toward another person other than himself -- which if the Quran were to be true (No chance in hell), would tell us that he is self-centered, prideful, and ultra-arrogant.

In Closing:

"All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man KNOWETH the Son, but the Father; neither KNOWETH any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will REVEAL him." (Matthew 11:27)

"Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded." (James 4:8)

"He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will MANIFEST MYSELF to him. Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will [come unto him], and make our ABODE with him." (John 14:21, 23)

Obedience to the Commandments of Jesus is a SURE SIGN that one TRULY does love the Lord. This is one way to measure your LOVE and DEVOTION to Jesus Christ. This is not about "sinless perfection"; but speaking of a *lifestyle of obedience* to God. Habitual sinning that takes precedence over your OBEDIENCE to The LORD may indicate that you may NOT be Saved. The Greater our Love for God; the greater our obedience will be to Him.

"He that saith, I know him, and [keepeth not] his commandments, is a LIAR, and the TRUTH is NOT in him." (1 John 2:4)

"To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life: " (Romans 2:7)

God Bless!