GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟442,160.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OK, if it ever happens in my lifetime,

I can imagine God putting me through the opening of the seven seals in heaven and blowing of the seven trumpets in heaven, while mightily delivering me through it. But I’m not sure God would put me here through the pouring out of the seven bowls on whole earth, of His wrath.

Because when I look at the whole story, from the time of Genesis, I find God covering and delivering His people through the distress but always taking them out before pouring out His wrath.

Last edited:

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
No, you don't have to worry about God "pouring out His wrath" on you. But it has nothing to do with anything written in the Revelation, or with the false doctrine of "the rapture" or any of that. It's because "wrath" is the condemnation of the world in its sin under the Law, and the judgment of the world on account of sin.

Christ says in John ch. 3 that the judgment is that the light has come into the world, but men loved darkness more than light, because their deeds were evil. It is the honest, naked truth that as human beings we are selfish, sinful, and hostile toward God. Even as the Prophet Jeremiah says, "The heart is deceitful above all else, and desperately sick, who can understand it?"

So the wrath of God is revealed against all ungodliness, the Law shows us as sinful, broken, and hostile against God and one another; which is why we stand condemned in our sins by the Law.

But the Gospel is that even while we are yet still sinners, God demonstrates His love by sending His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law, who suffered and died for you and for me, and indeed for the whole world; and by His perfect righteous life, His death, and His resurrection we have been freely justified, our sins forgiven, and peace has been restored between God and man.

When the Lord comes, on the Last Day, as the Judge of all men, and all must stand before Him, you can be confident in God's mercy toward you in Jesus, and that God's promise to you in Jesus is that you are saved, and will be with the Lord on the Last Day and sharing in that life of the Age to Come.

In this life, however, we will face trial, tribulation, and suffering. Because this life, this world, is a cross that we must bear as mortal human beings. But Christ tells us, "In this world you will have tribulation, but take courage, I have conquered the world."

It's not that God is going to remove you or anyone else from the world so you can escape something. It's that you can be confident in the Gospel of His Son by which you are saved and have peace with God, both now and on the Last Day.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

GospelS

Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟442,160.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, you don't have to worry about God "pouring out His wrath" on you. But it has nothing to do with anything written in the Revelation, or with the false doctrine of "the rapture" or any of that. It's because "wrath" is the condemnation of the world in its sin under the Law, and the judgment of the world on account of sin.

Christ says in John ch. 3 that the judgment is that the light has come into the world, but men loved darkness more than light, because their deeds were evil. It is the honest, naked truth that as human beings we are selfish, sinful, and hostile toward God. Even as the Prophet Jeremiah says, "The heart is deceitful above all else, and desperately sick, who can understand it?"

So the wrath of God is revealed against all ungodliness, the Law shows us as sinful, broken, and hostile against God and one another; which is why we stand condemned in our sins by the Law.

But the Gospel is that even while we are yet still sinners, God demonstrates His love by sending His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law, who suffered and died for you and for me, and indeed for the whole world; and by His perfect righteous life, His death, and His resurrection we have been freely justified, our sins forgiven, and peace has been restored between God and man.

When the Lord comes, on the Last Day, as the Judge of all men, and all must stand before Him, you can be confident in God's mercy toward you in Jesus, and that God's promise to you in Jesus is that you are saved, and will be with the Lord on the Last Day and sharing in that life of the Age to Come.

In this life, however, we will face trial, tribulation, and suffering. Because this life, this world, is a cross that we must bear as mortal human beings. But Christ tells us, "In this world you will have tribulation, but take courage, I have conquered the world."

It's not that God is going to remove you or anyone else from the world so you can escape something. It's that you can be confident in the Gospel of His Son by which you are saved and have peace with God, both now and on the Last Day.

-CryptoLutheran

In the world ye shall have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world. John 16:33

Thanks for sharing. I think I’m prepared and ready for everything, all trials and tribulations. I’m just saying that may be I won’t be here when the seven bowls of the revelation being to unfold.

Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Thanks for sharing. I think I’m prepared and ready for everything, all trials and tribulations. I’m just saying that may be I won’t be here when the seven bowls of the revelation being to unfold.
Will they be worse than the inquisition and other similar persecutions? Remember in many countries today, Christians are being arrested, jailed, tortured and murdered. Why should it be different for us?

Upvote 0

GospelS

Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟442,160.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Will they be worse than the inquisition and other similar persecutions? Remember in many countries today, Christians are being arrested, jailed, tortured and murdered. Why should it be different for us?

Aren’t persecutions on Christians by men and seven seals/trumpets/bowls by God. Which are worse?

Upvote 0

GospelS

Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟442,160.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Notice the seals and trumpets are not poured, but bowls are. So I think God wants us away before He pours out His wrath on whole earth, not that they are worse or different.

This is what I’m most inclined towards, not that I’m very sure about it. I’m okay with anything and everything that God puts me through. I hope I will still rejoice and gladly suffer while I can’t wait to be with the Lord.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul4JC
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Notice the seals and trumpets are not poured, but bowls are. So I think God wants us away before He pours out His wrath.

This is what I’m most inclined towards (going through the seals and trumpets and taken out before the bowls), not that I’m very sure about it. I’m okay with anything and everything that God puts me through. I hope I will still rejoice and gladly suffer while I can’t wait to be with the Lord.
It's good and wholesome for the pilgrim church to look forward to the Lord's coming (1 Cor. 11.26). We are not actively looking for other events, catastrophies, etc., even though some of these may happen. The great tribulation of Matthew 24 is not the same as the general idea of tribulation in John 16.33, where the Lord Jesus assures His followers, 'Be of good cheer; I have overcome the world'.

• Agree
Reactions: GospelS
Upvote 0