Visit site
✟183,148.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jews can be Christians. It would be more correct to say what is actually in the text..."with the saints"
So I was about to edit it to add "not unbelieving Jews" but then I thought, "No one will be childish enough to call that up because everyone understands that saints are believing Jews and believing Gentiles.

But then again.. no doubt, someone might decide to call that up - so I will edit it now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zao is life

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Africa
Visit site
✟183,148.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
was it the Jesuits who came up with the idea of full-preterism (AD70) to counter the doctrine of justification through faith in Christ alone, the only mediator between God and man?
I wouldn't be surprised if it was. But I don't know where they get the idea from that the Great Tribulation refers only to 70 AD and nothing else.

Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wouldn't be surprised if it was. But I don't know where they get the idea from that the Great Tribulation refers only to 70 AD and nothing else.

I don't know exactly what year (66 or 70AD), but i remember a certain Jesuit put forth the idea the Great Tribulation was over and it grew and grew, just like a rumour does so today as rumours did so in the past. The traditions/intellect/gossip of man will always be in conflict to the word of God, if God's spirit doesn't guide us.

Reactions: Zao is life
Upvote 0

Zao is life

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Africa
Visit site
✟183,148.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus did state 'This generation' when speaking to the Apostles. Plus Revelation 1 mentions 'Must soon take place' and 'For the time is near'
It depends on how people choose to interpret Greek words. This (Greek: houtos) generation could be referring to that future generation" or this current generation:

Strongs: G3778 houtos hoo'-tos, including nominative masculine plural houtoi hoo'-toy, nominative feminine singular
haute how'-tay, and nominative feminine plural hautai how'-tahee

from the article 3588 and 846; the he (she or it), i.e. this or that (often with article repeated):--he (it was that), hereof, it, she, such as, the same, these, they, this (man, same, woman), which, who.

Revelation:

Rev 1:19 Write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be after this,

The above is past, present and future, like:

"I am the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the Ending, says the Lord, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty." (Rev 1:8)

In Rev 4:1 we see what must occur in what was the future to John's time, being introduced:

"After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter."

As I said, it depends on how one chooses to interpret Greek words - and the way many choose to interpret those words will depend on their starting premise - so if it's Full Preterism, that will decide the way they choose to interpret those Greek words.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 24 has 3 different greek words for world. Talking about 3 different ages/generations. Its my belief we're now in the final age/generation. Faith in our Lord and Saviour, always looking forward and never back is key to our eternal life with him as our bridegroom and us as his bride, uniting with him in the new heaven and Earth he has prepared for us.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Zao is life

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Africa
Visit site
✟183,148.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I still have reservations about Daniel 11 applying to end of this age but I'll grant that maybe I'll be enjoying my roasted hat when/if the time for that comes.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Question:

The Great Tribulation AD66-70 (Roman war against Judah)? or 42-month reign of the beast at the end of the Age?

Will there be a period of time in the future of one world government, which will bring great tribulation upon the Church of Jesus Christ? (Revelation 12:11)
Many powerful people in the world are now working toward that goal.

Walter Cronkite was once considered... "The most trusted man in America".
He is found below pledging to "sit at the right hand of Satan" in order to bring about world government.

The lady who almost became president of the United States during 2016 is found at the end of the video supporting the same cause.

Many today believe the COVID-19 virus is being used to bring about the globalist goal of a cashless society, with central control.
Why there is now a coin shortage in the U.S.?

Can we find passages in Revelation chapters 17, and 18, which show a future global government before the return of Christ?

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree. The one was the tribulation faced by the inhabitants of Judea in 70 AD.

As I have already shown you, the only way the other Great Tribulation can refer to the tribulation faced by Christians across time, is if:

(1) The beast has already ascended out of the abyss (Revelation 17:8 and Revelation 13:7); and
(b) The Lord has returned in the clouds and gathered His elect (Matthew 24:29-31).

So, please answer my questions:

1. Has the beast already ascended out of the abyss?
2. Has Jesus already appeared in the clouds and sent His angels to gather His elect?
“The beast that thou sawest was, and is not, and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder (whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world), when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.” Revelation 17:8 (NCPB)

Verse 8
i. This is the Romaine empire which being fallen into decay, the harlot of Rome usurped autoritie, and proceded from the devil and thether shal returne.

Geneva Bible: Notes. (1560). (Vol. 2, p. 120). Geneva: Rovland Hall.

Upvote 0

Zao is life

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Africa
Visit site
✟183,148.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Will there be a period of time in the future of one world government, which will bring great tribulation upon the Church of Jesus Christ? (Revelation 12:11)
Many powerful people in the world are now working toward that goal.

Walter Cronkite was once considered... "The most trusted man in America".
He is found below pledging to "sit at the right hand of Satan" in order to bring about world government.

The lady who almost became president of the United States during 2016 is found at the end of the video supporting the same cause.

Many today believe the COVID-19 virus is being used to bring about the globalist goal of a cashless society, with central control.
Why there is now a coin shortage in the U.S.?
They're too puffed up in their self-assured pride to understand that man is incapable of bringing about global justice. One tribe will always promote the interests of its own over the interests of others, the wealthy over the middle classes, etc. Not even Christians are capable of doing it without the authority of Christ governing each decision made, and these lunatics are not even Christians except when paying lip service to Christianity (but hardly ever to Christ Himself) for political gain.
Can we find passages in Revelation chapters 17, and 18, which show a future global government before the return of Christ?
Yep. Its rise is out of the abyss, and the harlot is a city that prostitutes herself to that global govt. Which city is it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zao is life

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Africa
Visit site
✟183,148.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“The beast that thou sawest was, and is not, and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder (whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world), when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.” Revelation 17:8 (NCPB)

Verse 8
i. This is the Romaine empire which being fallen into decay, the harlot of Rome usurped autoritie, and proceded from the devil and thether shal returne.

Geneva Bible: Notes. (1560). (Vol. 2, p. 120). Geneva: Rovland Hall.
That comment is not in the Bible. Like all commentary based on man's opinion, It's added. Just because the comment is added to the sovereign Word of God, doesn't mean it's fact. I would rather, if I were that commentator, taken heed of:

Rev 22:18 For I testify together to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this Book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add on him the plagues that have been written in this Book.

.. and left my personal opinion out.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That comment is not in the Bible. Like all commentary based on man's opinion, It's added. Just because the comment is added to the sovereign Word of God, doesn't mean it's fact. I would rather, if I were that commentator, taken heed of:

Rev 22:18 For I testify together to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this Book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add on him the plagues that have been written in this Book.

.. and left my personal opinion out.
Your problem is there are many views of Revelation. And you expect us to align with your view which is false when compared to the historic Amillennial view held by the Church.

Upvote 0

Zao is life

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Africa
Visit site
✟183,148.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your problem is there are many views of Revelation. And you expect us to align with your view which is false when compared to the historic Amillennial view held by the Church.
No I don't expect you to align with any view except Christ's. My view should be as unimportant to you as the "historic Christian view"and vice-versa.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Because there are two periods of Great Tribulation - one which is immediately followed by Christ appearing in the clouds to gather His elect - which beggars the question: Does one prophecy cover both? The one refers to the experience of those in Jerusalem in AD 70 (maybe).
The great tribulation begins when the abomination of desolation is standing in the holy place.

Blessed are them who come to the 1335th day. So there is not any part of the great tribulation taking place in 70 AD. It is all end times.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zao is life

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Africa
Visit site
✟183,148.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The great tribulation begins when the abomination of desolation is standing the holy place.

Blessed are them who come to the 1335th day. So there is not any part of the great tribulation taking place in 70 AD. It is all end times.
What or where is "the holy place"? Is it the church/temple? Or something that God does not consider His temple?

Why are those dwelling in Judea told to flee? Why is Judea, specifically, mentioned?

I'm asking, not because I'm offering answers that I don't have, but because I'd like to know what you believe.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They're too puffed up in their self-assured pride to understand that man is incapable of bringing about global justice. One tribe will always promote the interests of its own over the interests of others, the wealthy over the middle classes, etc. Not even Christians are capable of doing it without the authority of Christ governing each decision made, and these lunatics are not even Christians except when paying lip service to Christianity (but hardly ever to Christ Himself) for political gain.

Yep. Its rise is out of the abyss, and the harlot is a city that prostitutes herself to that global govt. Which city is it?

There are two Jerusalems found in Galatians 4:24-31, and there are two Jerusalems found in the Book of Revelation.
One is found in Revelation 3:12, and the other is found in Revelation 11:8.

Earthly Jerusalem is one of the cities in the world built on seven hills.
Earthly Babylon is not built on seven hills.
Do globalists now have a plan to make earthly Jerusalem the capitol of a one world government?

Which of these cities is our home found in Hebrews 11:14-16?

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
the entirety of the great tribulation is still future and the abomination of desolation is going to happen in the temple with exactly 42 months to go. What happened in 70 AD was the LORD / Jesus both executing the breaking of the covenant of Moses when Israel did not know the day of their visitation. IN Dan 12, Dan 7 Zech 14, Rev 13 Jer 30 and in many other places the conversion of Israel through the time of testing resulting in Jesus coming and reigning is the where all the prophecies come together. Read Isaiah 61 the day of vengeance of our God and it certainly is not 70 AD and the Zion promises are contrasted with the Gentiles in that day. Same with Hosea 1-3 Great is the day of Jezreel and in the place where it was said not my people they shall be called sons of the living God. Hosea 2
I will punish her
For the days of the Baals to which she burned incense.
She decked herself with her earrings and jewelry,
And went after her lovers;
But Me she forgot,” says the LORD.
God’s Mercy on His People
14 “Therefore, behold, I will allure her,
Will bring her into the wilderness,
And speak comfort to her.
15 I will give her her vineyards from there,
And the Valley of Achor as a door of hope;
She shall sing there,
As in the days of her youth,
As in the day when she came up from the land of Egypt.
16 “And it shall be, in that day,”
Says the LORD,
That you will call Me ‘My Husband,’[fn]
And no longer call Me ‘My Master,’[fn]
17 For I will take from her mouth the names of the Baals,
And they shall be remembered by their name no more.
18 In that day I will make a covenant for them
With the beasts of the field,
With the birds of the air,
And with the creeping things of the ground.
Bow and sword of battle I will shatter from the earth,
To make them lie down safely.
19 “I will betroth you to Me forever;
Yes, I will betroth you to Me
In righteousness and justice,
In lovingkindness and mercy;
20 I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness,
And you shall know the LORD.
21 “It shall come to pass in that day
That I will answer,” says the LORD;
“I will answer the heavens,
And they shall answer the earth.
22 The earth shall answer
With grain,
With new wine,
And with oil;
They shall answer Jezreel.
23 Then I will sow her for Myself in the earth,
And I will have mercy on her who had not obtained mercy;
Then I will say to those who were not My people,
‘You are My people!’
And they shall say, ‘You are my God!’ ”

Note this is clearly talking about the apostate tribes of Israel and the LORD promises to take away the bow of battle from the earth in the day He betroths Israel forever. How long is forever? This clearly matches the expectations of futurist.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What or where is "the holy place"? Is it the church/temple? Or something that God does not consider His temple?
The temple mount.

My reasoning is that the image of the beast (the abomination of desolation) comes to life and people must worship it. A statue image in the likeness of the beast person.

Which to worship it, it must be seen. Which would put it out in the open on the temple mount grounds. And because of the time constraints involved, the sanctuary building will likely be a minimum size in order to get the temple ordinances going as quickly as possible, so not enough room inside, for the statue image. The beast person though will be going in and out of the temple sanctuary building.

The other reason for it being out in the open on the temple mount, where people stroll today (under armed guards) is that the false prophet, the one who requires everyone worship the image will apparently gather or force people to gather to worship that image - with guillotines not far away for those who refuse. So there is going to have to a lot of room, open space, available.

Which Jesus gave the warning for them in Judea, to flee to the mountains, when they see the abomination of desolation standing in the holy place. They won't be able to see it, if it is inside a building.

To know what makes the image comes to life, it is necessary to go to
Ezekiel 28:16-19. The judgement and exposure of Satan. End of Satan as a terror. Which he will be having great wrath for that time, times, half time - to the inhabiters of the earth in Revelation 12:12.

Satan will be cast down to earth - which will happen in Revelation 12:7-9.

Satan will be exposed for everyone to see... at the end of the time, times, half time.

God will bring a fire up in Satan's midst. And brings him to ashes. Ezekiel 28:18. Exposing him - to everyone that has known him in some way - who will be shocked when they see him. Ezekiel 28:19.

That some way - is that Satan will be incarnating the great statue image. And is how people will worship Satan (perhaps unknowingly) in Revelation 13:4.

Satan has to be present visible to everyone at Jesus's return of Revelation 20:1-3. Jesus's place of return is on the Mt. of Olives directly across from the temple mount.

The false prophet and the beast person will be on the temple mount as well.

So putting it all together, the false prophet has the statue image made, and placed on the temple mount grounds, out in the open, not in the sanctuary building.

In-animate initially, until Satan is cast down to earth. Which Satan incarnates the image, lying miracle by the false prophet, making it come to life and speak.

People will be required to bow to the image. Either they do, or don't and be killed for not doing so.

When Jesus returns, the brightness of his coming causes the image to go up in flames, and brought to ashes, exposing Satan for everyone to see. And after the casting of the beast and the false prophet into the lake of fire. And the armies gathered to fight Jesus fall dead, after witnessing those things. Satan then will be bound and cast into the bottomless pit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zao is life

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Africa
Visit site
✟183,148.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are two Jerusalems found in Galatians 4:24-31, and there are two Jerusalems found in the Book of Revelation.
One is found in Revelation 3:12, and the other is found in Revelation 11:8.

Earthly Jerusalem is one of the cities in the world built on seven hills.
Earthly Babylon is not built on seven hills.
Do globalists now have a plan to make earthly Jerusalem the capitol of a one world government?

Which of these cities is our home found in Hebrews 11:14-16?
Good post. Excellent post.

Although I am aware that many Rabbis and Jewish leaders have such a desire, I have no info about globalists planning to make earthly Jerusalem the capital of the One World Govt. Maybe you have some sources for me?

Upvote 0