Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don't think the RIght has let go of fear and division either.

Fear and division works....but the right doesn't want the Gaetz, Greene, Bobert and their ilk. They see it coming. They're pushing against it. The left got the squad. They don't see the problem. They are only now trying to figure it out.

I can see convincing people to go for the Libertarian right but the religious right has too much baggage with white nationalism and the opposition of reproductive rights for women. Though the religious would be against it white or black.

It does not matter what they say. They say whatever appeals to the voter. The strategy is bringing it to them. You become valuable to them...that creates leverage. Do you know what a hard sell is?

I think decriminalizing would help poor whites just as much. The people who can't afford fancy lawyers would get a huge reprieve if we forgave pot smokers. I think it's worse to be a drunk than a pothead in terms of public safety.

Listen, if you say I want this just for black people...you'll be lied to. It doesn't matter who you talk to, left or right. The Civil Rights Amendment has practically all but ensured that. Do you know how hard it is to remove an Amendment? Let alone one as popular as the one associated with civil rights. Who is going to run on that? Biden can't deny white farmers loans without being tied up in courts. They aren't going to do it. You aren't there to sell policy positions. You are there to explain leverage. If they feel like they're betraying their race....or any of the words they associat with that....you tell them to tell everyone they voted Democrat, and ask God for forgiveness for lying.

I could modify this for a few other groups if you can't see it. They have to have similar characteristics though. Evangelicals also seek broadly unpopular policy and laws and are loyal to a fault. White nationalists. Some Asian communities. I'm not saying you're the same as these communities...I'm saying the voting characteristics are similar.

I follow the logic in your post but it will always be hard to get black people to vote Republican (or I should say right-wing). Most black folks I know don't want to be affiliated with the party that has the support of white nationalists, Islamaphobes, and homophobes which seems to be the cornerstone of the religious right.

That's why this is the time. It's shaping up they will win regardless. If you had to sum up the political mood of the black community what would it be? Frustrated? Betrayal? Hopelessness? Anxiousness? Am I anywhere close to the mark?

If I were to try an influence the black vote, I would tell people to vote their conscience. I don't think either party can really do anything for black people besides decriminalizing soft drugs. That would keep a lot of people from going to prison, black or white so I'm totally on board with #4 here.

You're not thinking big picture. You're not thinking demographics. Black people aren't uniform, they don't all live in cities, they have a middle class. That's who you are targeting middle middle to lower middle. Anyone smart enough to understand what leverage is, that Biden hasn't done anything, they're literally worse off after BLM...this election will go to the right. They probably won't get enough to get anything done....but they will get enough to stonewall Biden and put him out after 1 term.

Do they want to have a word? Do they want to be in the room? Or would they rather sit on the other side of the wall with the Democrats while they try to figure it out again? Do what businesses do. Create value. You bring in votes to Republicans who barely win...they'll listen. You aren’t telling them to vote Republican the rest of their lives. You aren't promising to work with Republicans next year. That depends on them listening. You'll be telling Republicans that you'll take those votes, put them on the strongest Dem, and they'll get it done. That Republican can go back to whatever corporate desk he had before....out of the spotlight.

We're at a stalemate here. It got set into concrete after Obama's first term. It's causing extremism on both sides and creating opportunities for any group willing to ride the fence. If you think an establishment Republican would rather associate with white supremacists than a black man who asks nothing and brings him the votes first? You don't understand politics. Associating with a white supremacist may help him win once....but it's infinite ammo in the press against him. You show up out of the blue with an alternative you've already proven works?

He's done talking to the white nationalists.

These people are opportunists. They say anything because the voters don't know anything. They don't believe 90% of what they say. On both sides.

If you think I'm wrong....how hard do you think it would be for me, on this forum, a poster who both believes we should strive for a non-racist society... but rejects the political concept of colorblindness and meritocracy?

Probably not difficult, right?

Then when I ask them what colorblind is....they'll give me some goofy answer about not literally seeing someone's race.

A colorblind society based on meritocracy is a society where your race doesn't affect your treatment. Your ability does. The left isn't very smart....neither is the right.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is...I can't think of any other group the left expects to denigrate or disregard their own culture.
As a leftie, I believe you are misinterpreting that as I don't denigrate or disregard my own culture. I do accept that as an insider to my culture, I have an insider's privilege, a pov I have noticed that you seem to resent terribly.

I'm not sure what you're arguing....
Clearly.

You start off making it sound like being stripped of your culture is the worst thing ever. A crime against humanity.
What, how? I didn't put any value judgement on it at all; that is your own addition. I merely stated that they had been stripped of their culture, language, religion and rights as people - a thing that actually happened.

But because people who look like you have done it in the past....you should just sit there and let this crime against humanity happen to you?
What the hey? I don't think anyone is trying to strip me of my culture, language, religion or rights as a person, so your question misses the mark completely.

What's the point you're making? Is it evil and wrong or not?
The point I am making is that having your culture taken away from you is one thing and having those bereft people adapt to my culture is something so else which doesn't harm me in the least little bit; in fact, I do believe that outside influences enrich my culture.

Because these guys aren't going away, if they can see the hypocrisy going on easily....and only one group can explain it for them....guess what? That's who they'll listen to.
Where would they go? Who is trying to explain anything to "them"? And which guys are you referring to as "these guys" now anyway?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟733,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
A colorblind society based on meritocracy is a society where your race doesn't affect your treatment. Your ability does. The left isn't very smart....neither is the right.
I don't think we have a colorblind society. We have people who want a colorblind society but I feel our country is very color-sighted as a whole. Individuals vary. but as a whole if you are not white you juat are not part of the club.

• Agree
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Who's on board with this?

Florida GOP candidate Laura Loomer.

(VDARE is a rightwing anti-immigrant site that publishes white nationalists, but according to the founder is not a "white nationalist Web site".)

FY6gU3gWAAEfgXJ

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
As a leftie, I believe you are misinterpreting that as I don't denigrate or disregard my own culture. I do accept that as an insider to my culture, I have an insider's privilege, a pov I have noticed that you seem to resent terribly.

No by all means....share your insights.

Tell me something unique about this culture.

What, how? I didn't put any value judgement on it at all; that is your own addition. I merely stated that they had been stripped of their culture, language, religion and rights as people - a thing that actually happened.

What the hey? I don't think anyone is trying to strip me of my culture, language, religion or rights as a person, so your question misses the mark completely.

If you want, I can point out lessons in schools being taught right now.

The point I am making is that having your culture taken away from you is one thing

Ok.

and having those bereft people adapt to my culture is something so else

Ok

which doesn't harm me in the least little bit; in fact, I do believe that outside influences enrich my culture.

Well surely not all cultures enrich yours....right?

In Afghanistan there's a widespread cultural practice of raping little boys....that's not something that would enrich your culture, would it?

Or in Saudi Arabia where women have only a fraction of the rights men do....that's not going to enrich your culture, will it?

Shouldn't we discriminate against negative cultural influences?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don't think we have a colorblind society.

We were making progress though...

The KKK and neo-nazis were reduced to just a shadow of their former selves and racism was frowned upon openly.

Now colorblindness has been rejected and racial tensions have increased....and frankly, so has outward expression of racism.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟733,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green

The KKK and neo-nazis were reduced to just a shadow of their former selves and racism was frowned upon openly.

Now colorblindness has been rejected and racial tensions have increased....and frankly, so has outward expression of racism.
Since Trump, it's a new fashion

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟733,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green

They just had to go underground but they are still there. They just don't flaunt it anymore.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟791,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Since Trump, it's a new fashion
You consider co-incidence the same as causation, then? Why not show who it is that is pushing the racism narrative? Sounds at least as likely as Trump, to be the cause.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,723.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
A colorblind society based on meritocracy is a society where your race doesn't affect your treatment. Your ability does.
Your race always affects your treatment.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,277.00
Faith
Pentecostal
There is no conspiracy. Birth rates suggest the U.S. is on a path to have Caucasians as an eventual minority. That isn't a border problem. If one needs a reason to start treating minorities better (and they shouldn't need a reason) this would seem to be a pretty good one -- because one's majority status could be a fleeting thing.

You are forgetting that the minorities are not just one race. Whites will not be the minority. Hispanics, African Americans, American Indians, Asians etc all combined may make Whites fewer that all of them. But they will still be more than any one race for a while. If any one group were to take over eventually it might be the Hispanics.

But human nature has taught us that all races are divided. Humanity has a strong tendency to gather according to that. Hispanics will always prefer Hispanics, blacks will always prefer blacks, whites will always prefer whites and Asians will always prefer Asians. It's the way of humanity. Even whites kind of do that with each other. With Germans or French or English etc.

I don't think "racism" is necessarily the driving factor unless the claim will be that Blacks are racist and so are Hispanics. I'm not sure that will ever happen. It seems these days the only racism is among white people.

Upvote 0