Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When David wrote Psalm 142, he was in a cave, hiding. Right on the outside, king Saul together with a band of trained soldiers were after David’s life. Although it is very possible that David was in that cave with a few of his loyal friends and followers, he very much felt alone there, and he cried saying, “I look to my right and see no one cares for me, I have no refuge and no one cares for my life.” Why is he saying, “I look to my right?” In the judicial system of his day, if there’s a court setup, the advocate (the lawyer in our modern language) always sat on the right-hand side of the accused. And David was looking for an advocate. He was looking for somebody to defend him, somebody to speak on his behalf. Someone who would give a word of encouragement. And he looked to the right, but there was no advocate. It is no coincidence that the Bible says that Jesus is on the right hand of the Father, He is the advocate for you and for me, He is saying a good word for you and for me to the Father. He is constantly interceding on your behalf; He is constantly saying good things about you to the Father. He is constantly asking the Father to forgive you, restore you. Jesus is constantly asking the Father on your behalf at the right-hand side of God.

Justice

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
When David wrote Psalm 142, he was in a cave, hiding. Right on the outside, king Saul together with a band of trained soldiers were after David’s life. Although it is very possible that David was in that cave with a few of his loyal friends and followers, he very much felt alone there, and he cried saying, “I look to my right and see no one cares for me, I have no refuge and no one cares for my life.” Why is he saying, “I look to my right?” In the judicial system of his day, if there’s a court setup, the advocate (the lawyer in our modern language) always sat on the right-hand side of the accused. And David was looking for an advocate. He was looking for somebody to defend him, somebody to speak on his behalf. Someone who would give a word of encouragement. And he looked to the right, but there was no advocate. It is no coincidence that the Bible says that Jesus is on the right hand of the Father, He is the advocate for you and for me, He is saying a good word for you and for me to the Father. He is constantly interceding on your behalf; He is constantly saying good things about you to the Father. He is constantly asking the Father to forgive you, restore you. Jesus is constantly asking the Father on your behalf at the right-hand side of God.

Justice

Now that's good news!

Reactions: Willing-heart
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Justice
Yes, Jesus intercede for us on the condition that we draw near God through Him, as written in Hebrews 7:25.

Upvote 0