The Great Global Warming Swindle

FishFace

Senior Veteran
Jan 12, 2007
✟13,130.00
Faith
Atheist
Simple... The CO[sub]2[/sub] continue to solve in the ocean water.

Also, the "higher global temperature -> higher ocean temperature" step requires vast amounts of time.

It's only the surface temperature that is of concern, since that's where solution takes place. The surface can warm up much faster than the ocean as a whole.

Also, the "higher ocean temperature -> less solubility of CO[sub]2[/sub]" step is also doubtful. No one can predict the solubility by a single number.

If you take two bottles of coke, remove the tops, and put one in the fridge, the other out in the sun, which one will go flat first? The one in the sun.

Upvote 0

Upisoft

CEO of a waterfal
Feb 11, 2006
Orbiting the Sun
✟20,777.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
And why, pray tell, should we think that you know better than people who have dedicated their lives to studying the climate?
I really doubt they dedicated their lives... It is matter of business.

The best you've come up with so far is you think there's some monstrous global conspiracy, being perpetrated independently by every government who is funding research on global warming, and every group studying global warming. Why does this seem likely to you?
First, there aren't so many governments that are able to fund that kind of research. Second, you seem to think that global conspiracy doesn't happen. But they do. The army of US and many other countries are now in Iraq. Their excuse was that Saddam have weapons of mass destruction. Well, that was not true, but still all that soldiers from many different countries, were and some are still there. So, now USA have the control on the Iraq's oil resources. But you know, Africa doesn't have the resources and the economics even to be blamed that they have weapons of mass destruction. So, another way of controlling that resource have to be created. The best way is to convince everyone that they're doing it for the good of African people.

Upvote 0

Upisoft

CEO of a waterfal
Feb 11, 2006
Orbiting the Sun
✟20,777.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
As far as I am aware, a researcher asks a body to fund his new project into X. They give him some money, he carries out the project, and sends his conclusions of for peer review. You are now suggesting, am I correct, that if he finds "no Global Warming," then unless he lies and says, "Global Warming," he will not get funding next time? I would like to see some evidence if that is truly what you are suggesting.
The researcher will have to wait until he have such freedom. There is a hierarchy and one will not get the money if goes round his boss to ask for them. At least his boss have to approve the research. After all, any new project will allocate new resources besides the money, and that may not be possible. For example, say I want to research new climate model, but I need super computer time. The guys give me the money for some reason, but I will not be able to continue my research, because the super computers, I have access to, have their schedule already full.

I'm afraid those were the bits that stood out.
Good point. Shows how selective reading can prove everything.
Anyway, would you think how on Earth all that guys that make the peer-review of such computation extensive research check it? Do they also spend enormous money to actually check the result? Or they just study the methodology, find it OK, and then believe the enclosed result was not forged.

Upvote 0

Upisoft

CEO of a waterfal
Feb 11, 2006
Orbiting the Sun
✟20,777.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It's only the surface temperature that is of concern, since that's where solution takes place. The surface can warm up much faster than the ocean as a whole.
Does that mean you believe that non of the CO[sub]2[/sub] goes into deep ocean waters?

If you take two bottles of coke, remove the tops, and put one in the fridge, the other out in the sun, which one will go flat first? The one in the sun.
That is the problem. The two bottles of coke will have different, but quite uniform, temperatures. But actual Earth "coke bottle" is partially in the freezer and partially in the sun. Between the ice and hot water extremities there are zones with relatively cool water that actually absorbs most effectively the CO[sub]2[/sub] gas. Global warming or cooling will move the zones away or towards the equator, respectively. The positive feedback is not possible until the zones hit the boundaries and start to shrink. In the case of warming, that means there will be no positive feedback until there is ice on the poles.

Upvote 0

Chalnoth

Senior Contributor
Aug 14, 2006
Italy
✟28,653.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You don't know any scientists, do you?

First, there aren't so many governments that are able to fund that kind of research. Second, you seem to think that global conspiracy doesn't happen. But they do. The army of US and many other countries are now in Iraq. Their excuse was that Saddam have weapons of mass destruction. Well, that was not true, but still all that soldiers from many different countries, were and some are still there. So, now USA have the control on the Iraq's oil resources. But you know, Africa doesn't have the resources and the economics even to be blamed that they have weapons of mass destruction. So, another way of controlling that resource have to be created. The best way is to convince everyone that they're doing it for the good of African people.
I don't see how this is a point in your favor. The world was not behind us when we went into Iraq. Sure, many individual countries were, but many also were not.

Upvote 0

Tomk80

Titleless
Apr 27, 2004
Maastricht
Visit site
✟21,582.00
Faith
Agnostic
Sorry to burst your bubble, but at least in the Netherlands if it was about business, scientists would go into business instead of into science. Way, way, way more money to make there.

Upvote 0

Chalnoth

Senior Contributor
Aug 14, 2006
Italy
✟28,653.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Sorry to burst your bubble, but at least in the Netherlands if it was about business, scientists would go into business instead of into science. Way, way, way more money to make there.
I think that's true pretty much everywhere, even here in the US where scientist salaries are the highest (at least, from what I've seen).

Upvote 0