The Great Falling Away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read II Thesalonians 2, and there is a verse about the falling away. I see it as a falling way as a society, a falling away from believing that Chirst as the only way to heaven in some oganized churches or by individual people, and separating oneself from a belief in Christ. Those who are true believers will not be a part of it.

:)

Upvote 0

Catchup

Feb 20, 2002
Earth bound
Visit site
✟2,012.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks, I read the chapter you listed. But I am still deeply troubled. What I fear is... it is more spiritual than a person proclaiming with their mouth that they believe or do not believe in Jesus. I see the falling away as being even more evil ...if that were possible. Trickery and trust placed in man instead of God. People will say with their mouth that they are Christians...But with their heart they will talk of war... hate... intolerance ....control. The Spirit will flee from their souls because they have fallen away from the basic principles of Christianity.

Does anyone have other biblical references?

:( LOVE

Upvote 0

postrib

Feb 7, 2002
✟958.00
Faith
Christian
The Greek word for "falling away" (2 Thessalonians 2:3) is apostasia. It means apostasy. I believe Paul is referring to the same departure from the faith that he refers to in 1 Timothy 4:1 and which Jesus refers to in Matthew 24:10-12.

In 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8, I believe Paul makes clear that the apostasy and abomination of desolation must occur before the day Jesus comes to gather us together, for Jesus' coming to gather us together must destroy the Antichrist (verse 8). I believe Paul is referring to the same coming and gathering together as Matthew 24:29-31.

http://www.geocities.com/postrib

Upvote 0

Catchup

Feb 20, 2002
Earth bound
Visit site
✟2,012.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 24: 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8All these are the beginning of birth pains.
9"Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Do you think the earthquakes will actually be nuclear weapons? I think it is going to get much worse before it gets better.

:help: LOVE :angel:

Upvote 0

Debbie

Dec 11, 2001
Visit site
✟1,142.00
I agree with post trib. Those verses describe religions who order the congregation not to eat meat, etc as being a sin. When the bible is no longer the final authority on doctrines of sin, salvation, etc, the falling away is already here. In further verses, it states in 1Tim4 that if we remind brethren that these things are not biblical, that we are good ministers of Jesus Christ.
What actually happens in the world of the brethren, is that they resent being told something is not biblical, and continue in apostasy thinking the bible is not the final authority on Christianity. There isnt much you can do about it. It's free will to believe man or scripture. The basis of one's faith in the Bible or man, is not one we can decide for another person. It was prophesied to come true & it has, & will get worse.
There were more earthquakes recently than ever before. There will be more. It has been prophesied to come true. Jesus Christ fullfilled 456 prophecies physically. These other prophecies will also be fullfilled physically, some may have symbolic words in them, but the prophecy will be fullfilled physically.
The falling away refers to all the scripture referring to the end times, latter days, false prophets. They are already famines.
I can tell you that a lot of so called Christians resent those of us who use the Bible as our final authority. This is evidence of apostasy, & would never have been questioned 150 yrs ago.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.