Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This evening I am reading The Great Divorce (I am halfway through it) and it is blowing my mind and freaking me out and all the good stuff that great writers can do to a person on a rainy December evening in suburbia.
Am I in hell? Am I a whiner? Do I go around nagging and sighing and complaining and moaning and picking fault?
I do tend to isolate myself and even though I kind of love everybody I do also kind of not like people, haha. I don't want to be in hell with the whiners! This is so life changing!

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: Christie insb
Upvote 0

Christie insb

Sep 3, 2015
Santa Barbara, California
✟60,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you. I just finished reading it. I kind of wished more people had been saved, to see what became of the scholar if he realized how he'd been so wrong or the woman who hid. Maybe the unicorns did scare her into revealing herself.
Ever since I read it I have noticed how incredibly addicted people are to arguing without even caring if they are right or not. As if arguing is somehow fun. That has been such a profound epiphany for me!

I agree it would be nicer if more people (everyone) were saved but most of them can't even stop arguing long enough to get on the bus :D

Netflix should make a Black Mirror episode of this book, Charlie Brooker has nothing on CS Lewis!

• Informative
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0