The Great Controversy - Which edition is the best?

-Hannah-

May 14, 2017
L
✟1,961.00
Country
Portugal
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello,

I'm looking for The Great Controversy. I need a complete version of the book, not a resume, nor a mere selection of convenient excerpts. I'm interested in the original writings only, without additions (like letters and excerpts of other books). English is my second language, but I'm interested in the English version.

Does anyone know about an edition (non digital) that might be what I'm looking for?

Thank you so much! :)

Hanna

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: -Hannah-
Upvote 0

overcomer

AKA 'OntheDL'
Mar 25, 2004
✟13,696.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

I'm looking for The Great Controversy. I need a complete version of the book, not a resume, nor a mere selection of convenient excerpts. I'm interested in the original writings only, without additions (like letters and excerpts of other books). English is my second language, but I'm interested in the English version.

Does anyone know about an edition (non digital) that might be what I'm looking for?

Thank you so much! :)

Hanna

You can get it in Amazon also: Amazon.com: 1888 great controversy

Upvote 0

overcomer

AKA 'OntheDL'
Mar 25, 2004
✟13,696.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
overcomer,
Thank you. My issue wasn't so much where could I buy it, but what was the best edition to what I was looking for. (I've been founding editions with 100 pages...) The year of the first edition, as you wrote, was very helpful. Thank you!

Yes the 100 page edition has everything important (our sanctuary doctrine, the beast of Revelation and Mark of the beast...) removed except for devotional material.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Great Hope doesn't even qualify to be compared to The Great Controversy... one of the worst apostasy's done by our movement to date, imo.

The GC is the greatest book ever written outside of the Bible... the GH is best used for your birdcage.

Upvote 0