The Great Controversy - Michael vs Dragon

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
In a very different way though. Jehovah's Witnesses believe Michael was a cherubim angel. Adventists believe that Michael is just another name for the Son of God, yet not created, Fully Divine, just like the Father. Equal with the Father. Not an angel.

"Michael the Archangel" simply means, "Michael, chief over the angels", or "Michael the Archangel", "archangel" also means "arch-messenger".

Most of the Reformers believed Michael was the Son of God, including Spurgeon, Calvin, Matthew Henry, Wesley, you name it....

It is orthodox teaching. But most Protestants today forgot that.
IOW the simple answer to the question is yes the SDA do say Michael the arch angel is Jesus Christ and not God.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Let us see yet further from Eusebius:

"...3. For who beside the Father could clearly understand the Light which was before the world, the intellectual and essential Wisdom which existed before the ages, the living Word which was in the beginning with the Father and which was God, the first and only begotten of God which was before every creature and creation visible and invisible, the commander-in-chief of the rational and immortal host of heaven, the messenger of the great counsel, the executor of the Father's unspoken will, the creator, with the Father, of all things, ...

...7. But he, by no means neglectful of the reverence due to the Father, was appointed to teach the knowledge of the Father to them all. For instance, the Lord God, it is said, appeared as a common man to Abraham while he was sitting at the oak of Mambre. And he, immediately falling down, although he saw a man with his eyes, nevertheless worshipped him as God, and sacrificed to him as Lord, and confessed that he was not ignorant of his identity when he uttered the words, "Lord, the judge of all the earth, will you not execute righteous judgment?" Genesis 18:25 ...

... 9. Moses most clearly proclaims him second Lord after the Father, when he says, "The Lord rained upon Sodom and Gomorrha brimstone and fire from the Lord." Genesis 19:24 The divine Scripture also calls him God, when he appeared again to Jacob in the form of a man, and said to Jacob, "Your name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel shall be your name, because you have prevailed with God." Genesis 32:28 Wherefore also Jacob called the name of that place "Vision of God," saying, "For I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." Genesis 32:30 ...

...10. Nor is it admissible to suppose that the theophanies recorded were appearances of subordinate angels and ministers of God, for whenever any of these appeared to men, the Scripture does not conceal the fact, but calls them by name not God nor Lord, but angels, as it is easy to prove by numberless testimonies.

11. Joshua, also, the successor of Moses, calls him, as leader of the heavenly angels ... and as lieutenant of the Father, entrusted with the second rank of sovereignty and rule over all, "captain of the host of the Lord," although he saw him not otherwise than again in the form and appearance of a man. For it is written:

12. "And it came to pass when Joshua was at Jericho that he looked and saw a man standing over against him with his sword drawn in his hand, and Joshua went unto him and said, Are you for us or for our adversaries? And he said unto him, As captain of the host of the Lord am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth and said unto him, Lord, what do you command your servant? And the captain of the Lord said unto Joshua, Loose your shoe from off your feet, for the place whereon you stand is holy."

13. You will perceive also from the same words that this was no other than he who talked with Moses. For the Scripture says in the same words and with reference to the same one, "When the Lord saw that he drew near to see, the Lord called to him out of the bush and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, What is it? And he said, Draw not near hither; loose your shoe from off your feet, for the place whereon you stand is holy ground. And he said unto him, I am the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob."...

...16. That the divine Word, therefore, pre-existed and appeared to some, if not to all, has thus been briefly shown by us. ...

...24. For instance, Daniel the prophet, under the influence of the divine Spirit, seeing his kingdom at the end of time, was inspired thus to describe the divine vision in language fitted to human comprehension: "For I beheld," he says, "until thrones were placed, and the Ancient of Days did sit, whose garment was white as snow and the hair of his head like pure wool; his throne was a flame of fire and his wheels burning fire. A river of fire flowed before him. Thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him. He appointed judgment, and the books were opened." Daniel 7:9-10

25. And again, "I saw," says he, "and behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and he hastened unto the Ancient of Days and was brought into his presence, and there was given him the dominion and the glory and the kingdom; and all peoples, tribes, and tongues serve him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion which shall not pass away, and his kingdom shall not be destroyed." Daniel 7:13-14

26. It is clear that these words can refer to no one else than to our Saviour, the God Word who was in the beginning with God, and who was called the Son of man because of his final appearance in the flesh. ..."
[Roman Catholic Online "Fathers Of The Church"; "Church History (Eusebius), Book I; Chapter 2. Summary View of the Pre-existence and Divinity of Our Saviour and Lord Jesus Christ."; sections, as cited, throughout] - CHURCH FATHERS: Church History, Book I (Eusebius)
Let it snow, let it snow. It will melt and vanish away.

bugkiller

Upvote 0