Feb 5, 2007
Houston, TX
Visit site
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This may well be the great betrayal spoken of in the Bible. "And whoa to those who give suck in those days," Christian Kurds are fleeing into the desert for the mountains. This is what we have done to protect one man's private interest, and this country will pay dearly when the children of the Kurds grow up with the same burning hatred for the U.S. that brought down two towers in New York. This time it will be far worse.

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
This may well be the great betrayal spoken of in the Bible. "And whoa to those who give suck in those days," Christian Kurds are fleeing into the desert for the mountains. This is what we have done to protect one man's private interest, and this country will pay dearly when the children of the Kurds grow up with the same burning hatred for the U.S. that brought down two towers in New York. This time it will be far worse.

If the Kurdish kids are the next generation of 9/11 terrorists, perhaps we should help Turkey with their Kurdish problem to protect American lives.

Be our ally or we will attack you in the future doesn’t sit well with me, perhaps there are those who embrace that way of thinking.

• Agree
Reactions: Ana the Ist
Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟239,381.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
If the Kurdish kids are the next generation of 9/11 terrorists, perhaps we should help Turkey with their Kurdish problem to protect American lives.
There was said to be a sign outside the wolf enclosure at a zoo, which read "These animals are dangerous. When attacked they defend themselves."

The actions of President Trump have enabled the Turkish attack on the Kurds. Apparently you feel that is irrelevant and the focus should be on the fact that the Kurds might actually hold the American people responsible. Guess what. Those Americans with you attitude are responsible. Sickeningly so.

How about you forget about Turkish lives and American lives and Kurdish lives and just start thinking about human lives, or is that just too Christian for you to stomach?

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hopefully, we can repair these relationships when Trump is out of office ...

Upvote 0

The_Barmecide

Oct 10, 2019
Idaho
✟14,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Be our ally or we will attack you in the future doesn’t sit well with me, perhaps there are those who embrace that way of thinking.

The American way appears to be "Be our ally and when we're done with you just go ahead and get slaughtered..we don't care" doesn't seem to be a BETTER philosophy either.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
How about you forget about Turkish lives and American lives and Kurdish lives and just start thinking about human lives, or is that just too Christian for you to stomach?

Probably.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
The American way appears to be "Be our ally and when we're done with you just go ahead and get slaughtered..we don't care" doesn't seem to be a BETTER philosophy either.

Honestly this is nothing new. It is why we are looked upon with such high esteem in the world.

Upvote 0

The_Barmecide

Oct 10, 2019
Idaho
✟14,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Honestly this is nothing new. It is why we are looked upon with such high esteem in the world.

There was a time when my father's generation wouldn't do that. In fact after my parents' generation won WWII the US went in and bolstered the faltering economies of Europe against the Soviet Union. Our allies actually meant something to us.

I understand that America has, over the past couple of decades, started to slip into stabbing allies in the back as they grow less "valuable" to us, but it certainly shouldn't become the "party platform" of either political party. But I can see that the GOP is at the crossroads now. A lot of GOP lawmakers are not willing to let that happen...but I suspect some will have to think hard about it.

Reactions: TheGuide
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
There was a time when my father's generation wouldn't do that. In fact after my parents' generation won WWII the US went in and bolstered the faltering economies of Europe against the Soviet Union. Our allies actually meant something to us.

I understand that America has, over the past couple of decades, started to slip into stabbing allies in the back as they grow less "valuable" to us, but it certainly shouldn't become the "party platform" of either political party. But I can see that the GOP is at the crossroads now. A lot of GOP lawmakers are not willing to let that happen...but I suspect some will have to think hard about it.

The GOP made their bed when they crawled in with Trump. Now that the honeymoon is over and they can see what they did means little to me. They will be remembered for what they did.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,156,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

A spokesman for the Kurdish forces, Mustafa Bali, said on Twitter that Turkey continued to pound civilian areas and a hospital, despite the announcement on Thursday night by Mr. Pence that there would be a five-day pause in the fighting to allow Kurdish fighters to move away from the Turkish border.

Responding to the claims that Turkey had violated the truce, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan denied that any fighting was continuing.

“I do not know where you get your information from,” he told a reporter after leaving Friday Prayers at a mosque in Istanbul. “Conflict is out of the question.”

In a speech later on Friday, Mr. Erdogan said Turkish forces had stopped fighting and would begin again only if Kurdish troops had not retreated by Tuesday night from Kurdish-run areas in northern Syria that have been occupied by Turkish forces in the past week.

But shelling continued in the Syrian border town of Ras al-Ain...

“Don’t be a tough guy,” Mr. Trump wrote, in a letter characterized by informal language rarely seen in diplomatic communications.

Mr. Erdogan responded publicly to the letter for the first time on Friday, saying that it was “not in harmony with political and diplomatic niceties.”

“We do not consider it as a current issue and a priority,” Mr. Erdogan added. “We also want it to be known that, when the time comes, the necessary response will be taken.’’

Responding to the delay in carrying out the cease-fire, a White House spokeswoman, Stephanie Grisham, told Fox News that such processes “take time” to put in place and that the agreement remained a success.
Turkish-led forces also prevented a convoy of international aid workers from gaining access to Ras al-Ain to treat people wounded in the fighting, according to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, an independent war monitor based in Britain.

Ras al-Ain has been the site of the fiercest clashes since Turkish troops invaded Kurdish-held areas of northern Syria early last week.

On Friday, Kurdish health officials said they were investigating whether six civilians in the town had been hit by chemical weapons during Turkish airstrikes. Photographs shared by the Kurdish Red Crescent, a medical charity working in the area, showed at least two children with burns on their faces.

The Turkish government has denied the claim, along with other accusations of war crimes. Its Defense Ministry said on Friday that the Turkish Army had continued its offensive “on the basis of humanitarian and moral values, and of international law.”
Kurds Accuse Turkey of Violating Truce as Shelling Continues in Syria

There was said to be a sign outside the wolf enclosure at a zoo, which read "These animals are dangerous. When attacked they defend themselves."

The actions of President Trump have enabled the Turkish attack on the Kurds. Apparently you feel that is irrelevant and the focus should be on the fact that the Kurds might actually hold the American people responsible. Guess what. Those Americans with you attitude are responsible. Sickeningly so.

Yes, that's right. While there has been a universal condemnation against Turkey by nations and people that pay attention for killing innocent people in recent days...only those aware of what is happening (not many in the U.S. except for those well informed, such as in Congress or those who read accurate news) would be able to form an accurate judgement.

Here's more background that's useful, to see how Turkey rationalizes what it is doing, sowing the seeds for its own future suffering by following the classic right wing mistake of thinking that peace is only achieved by killing a lot of people, when in reality peace is only achieved by just actions that make people feel justice was partly or largely done. Because it is unjust what Turkey is doing, there won't be peace for Turkey over time, years from now.
Who Are the Kurds, and Why Is Turkey Attacking Them in Syria?

Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

Douger

Veteran
Oct 2, 2004
✟165,821.00
Faith
Christian
If you think the US has been the protector of Christians in Syria think again. Christians have suffered tremendously from this US sponsored regime change war.
this country will pay dearly when the children of the Kurds grow up with the same burning hatred for the U.S. that brought down two towers in New York. This time it will be far worse.
Utter garbage. This line of threatening terrorism against America if America stops supporting X Y or Z armed group in Syria has been going on for years. It's an insidious tactic from pro war goons.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,188.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
It's the 8th time the USA screwed the Kurds.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟239,381.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
You go and do that. But, no where will you find anything listing me as a Christian, hence the “probably”.
That's what made it fascinating. That and my obviously mistaken understanding that forum "staff" were required to be Christian. At any rate, my distaste for your apparent position applies regardless of your religious tendencies.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
That's what made it fascinating. That and my obviously mistaken understanding that forum "staff" were required to be Christian. At any rate, my distaste for your apparent position applies regardless of your religious tendencies.

Trust me, I have been trying to have that removed since November 2018…

And, my apparent position may not be apparent.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟239,381.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Trust me, I have been trying to have that removed since November 2018…
The plot thickens. :)

And, my apparent position may not be apparent.
Feel free to remove ambiguity with clear concise statements. That might encourage the trust requested in the first sentence.

Upvote 0