• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured The Gospel

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by Tree of Life, Jul 30, 2019.

1. RaymondG

RaymondG Well-Known Member

+2,789
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Thanks, I'm used to sounding ignorant and unlearnt in the ears of others.....So i guess this would be seen as an improvement.

Yet I had more companions when I followed an interpretation and demanded that others follow the same, or be liars doomed to hell fire.

However this is a path that must be traveled alone....after knocking is heard and the heart is softened.

Until then....let those that are holy, be holy still.....

2. Wordkeeper

Wordkeeper Newbie

+460
    Christian
    Married
    I agree. You can err, make mistakes, but avoid sin.

3. Soyeong

Soyeong Well-Known Member

+3,014
    Messianic
    Single
    Jesus began his ministry with the Gospel message to repent from our sins for the Kingdom of God is at hand (Matthew 4:17-23, Mark 1:14-15) and the Mosaic Law was how his audience knew what sin is, so repenting from our disobedience to is an integral part of the Gospel of Christ. Likewise, in Acts 2:38, when Peter told his audience to repent for the forgiveness of sins, the Mosaic Law was how his audience knew what sin is. In Romans 15:4, Paul said that OT Scripture was written for our instruction and in 15:18-19, his Gospel message involved bringing the Gentiles to full obedience in word and deed, so he was on the same page about teaching repentance from our sins. Everyone needs to hear the Gospel as often as they are not living in obedience to the Mosaic Law.

4. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hide The Pain

+5,551
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    So the gospel is "repent of your sins"?

That sounds like a command, but not like news. The gospel is good news.

5. Wordkeeper

Wordkeeper Newbie

+460
    Christian
    Married
    I'm requesting all posters to avoid posting so that Tree of Life can interact with me and keep the thread flow unbroken. Thanks.

6. Tree of Life

+5,551
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    I'm done with you Wordkeeper, but thanks!

7. Wordkeeper

Wordkeeper Newbie

+460
    Christian
    Married
    So your intention was to push your version of the Gospel in starting this thread?

8. Wordkeeper

Wordkeeper Newbie

+460
    Christian
    Married
    No. It's the proclamation that humanity can finally fulfill the purpose for which it was created: to complete Creation, subdue it, be a blessing to it.

Romans 8
    19For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.20For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope 21that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God.

9. Tree of Life

+5,551
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    You don't think that the gospel has anything to do with God or sinners?

10. Tree of Life

+5,551
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    Yes.

11. Soyeong

Soyeong Well-Known Member

+3,014
    Messianic
    Single
    That is what Matthew 4:17-23 and Mark 1:14-15 described as them proclaiming the Gospel. The Gospel could be said to be that the Kingdom of God is at hand and repenting from our disobedience to the Mosaic Law is the response that we should have to that message.

12. Wordkeeper

Wordkeeper Newbie

+460
    Christian
    Married
    Because people kept posting ignorant versions without knowing what the version taught by the mainstream churches was?

Manning the ramparts, fighting the good fight?

13. Wordkeeper

Wordkeeper Newbie

+460
    Christian
    Married
    You think God's plan was to groom Adam for heaven?

14. Blade

Blade Veteran Supporter

+1,606
    Christian
    Married
    1st were not like the world. Were not of this world.

Gospel.. as the brother said.. its written.. quoted it. From the get go.. good news.. HELLO JESUS! Became man.. John 3 16. Told us to take it to all creation/every creature. ALL? EVERY? Hmm

We can go back before Christ.. just one "Joshua 1:8 Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful." Faith comes by hearing.. hearing by the word of God."

How we don't get stuck on just "God became man". The fall already happen.. and He leaves heaven becomes man. WHO has ever understood such love. We can't. We will some day.

Thank you my brother for the reminder..which should always be infront of us in us.. about is.. shining for the world to see

15. Hammster

Hammster 2019 Dundie Award Winner Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+16,086
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    1 Corinthians 15.

16. Hammster

+16,086
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    That’s not what Paul said.

17. GOD Shines Forth!

GOD Shines Forth! Active Member Supporter

+250
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I think it comes from here...

"...according to the stewardship from God that was given to me for you, to make the word of God fully known, 26the mystery hidden for ages and generations but now revealed to his saints. 27To them God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. 28Him we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature in Christ. 29For this I toil, struggling with all his energy that he powerfully works within me.—Colossians 1

18. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+3,732
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    Counter question: Can we tell with certainty if someone is born again of the Holy Spirit? maybe they just like singing hymns?

19. BrotherJJ

BrotherJJ New Member

+38
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    No, what would be the point? Having said that, we should be driven to share this Good News repeatedly.

20. Hammster

+16,086
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Because it’s the power of God unto salvation. It’s what Paul based all of his preaching on.