The Gospel- this one's for you- bloodygrace.

ricker

Feb 25, 2007
Minnesota
✟19,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mosaic law that y'all keep hollering about are all the 612/613 ordinances, handwritten on parchment, rolled up in a holster on the OUTSIDE of the arc. . Not the commandments of God under His MERCY SEAT, in stone. It's the ones on a rock that have the first 4 telling you how to treat God and the last 6 reminding you how to treat people. Surely you have heard of it.
And the 10 include a ceremonial law given to only the Children of Israel. Read Exodus 31 carefully as it is God's explanation of the Sabbath command.

13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you.

14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

15 Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.

17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

Reactions: GrammyJ
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Who were the children of Israel?? It included the "great multitude" of Egyptians, it included all those that aligned themselves with them and believed in their God, God accepted them all as His--just we are spiritual Israel, all who claim Jesus are His children, we worship and are the children of Jesus, He is our brother---He is a Jew. If you do not wish to be a part of His family, then you are free to not and do not have to be saved nor keep His commandments. You do not keep them in order to be saved, you can only keep them when you are saved.

Upvote 0

Sabbathkeeper&Wife

1Corinthians 13:2 - agape
Sep 7, 2016
Chattanooga
✟20,453.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have already done a complete post about is all Isreal. It's ALL who align themselves with the will of God, be they circumcised or not, but yet have a circumcision of heart. There's a large section of one of the NT test. books explaining this in great detail plus many supportive verses from elsewhere in the Bible.
Hosea 4:1-6 gives a good rendering of the consequences.....and why.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
We were discussing this today during our fellowship service... God's had his people since Adam and Eve under different dispensations... the faithful antideluvians, Abrahams lineage, the Israelites and now Christians. God's requirement for each group has been the same obedience.

Upvote 0

ricker

Feb 25, 2007
Minnesota
✟19,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who were the children of Israel?? It included the "great multitude" of Egyptians, it included all those that aligned themselves with them and believed in their God, God accepted them all as His--just we are spiritual Israel, all who claim Jesus are His children, we worship and are the children of Jesus, He is our brother---He is a Jew. If you do not wish to be a part of His family, then you are free to not and do not have to be saved nor keep His commandments. You do not keep them in order to be saved, you can only keep them when you are saved.
This is what I said initially,
I don't think Adventists or non-Adventists believe sinning is a good thing. The main difference is that Adventists believe that the law given to the nation of Israel as they were delivered out of Egypt is still, at least partially, still binding, while most Christians believe it was fulfilled by Jesus and replaced by the New Covenant. No amount of arguing here will change any one's thinking.
I'm not going to disparage your beliefs, just mention that others see things differently. God bless! :)

Upvote 0

Sabbathkeeper&Wife

1Corinthians 13:2 - agape
Sep 7, 2016
Chattanooga
✟20,453.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you love me......do whatever you want? That's what one particular fellow seems to believe. That's what this thread is about. What each man believes will be acceptable is between he and God. When he comes to the Adventist forum and spews his unbiblical clatter and obvious dislike for our belief, of course people are going to respond, and when they can do it with sound AND reasonable doctrine from the word, so be it. He still hasn't said what this "gospel" he speaks about even consists of. I finally told him after he failed to show anything even remotely close. Hopefully he is expanding his knowledge of what the Savior preached, not what some jack-leg TV preacher fills unlearned minds with. They have their reward- everytime someone sends it to them. Peace be with you.

Upvote 0

bloodygrace

Newb Member
Sep 22, 2016
usa
✟20,950.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately, from most of the pulpits in Christendom...

I personally know Adventist ministers who were told if they preach grace or the finished work of Christ from the pulpit they would be fired. They of course needed the paycheck so continued to preach dead works that are never finished and never complete. This should show you the level of delusion in the Adventist church.

• Agree
Reactions: GrammyJ
Upvote 0

GrammyJ

Former SDA
May 30, 2013
✟9,560.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You've got the stage. In all the Sabbath bashing posts, you holler gospel gospel. Praytel, what exactly (in your words please) are you pertaining to? My curiosity gets the better of me. Thanks, in advance.
Sabbathkeeping is NOT the Gospel, Friend! Jesus is!!

Upvote 0

GrammyJ

Former SDA
May 30, 2013
✟9,560.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I personally know Adventist ministers who were told if they preach grace or the finished work of Christ from the pulpit they would be fired. They of course needed the paycheck so continued to preach dead works that are never finished and never complete. This should show you the level of delusion in the Adventist church.
True! And many of those pastors have had the courage to stand up for what they believe, and have moved on, going outside the confines of Adventism to teach the Gospel of Jesus and His finished work on the cross. And God kept their families from starving or having to live on the streets.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GrammyJ

Former SDA
May 30, 2013
✟9,560.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you love me......do whatever you want? That's what one particular fellow seems to believe. That's what this thread is about. What each man believes will be acceptable is between he and God. When he comes to the Adventist forum and spews his unbiblical clatter and obvious dislike for our belief, of course people are going to respond, and when they can do it with sound AND reasonable doctrine from the word, so be it. He still hasn't said what this "gospel" he speaks about even consists of. I finally told him after he failed to show anything even remotely close. Hopefully he is expanding his knowledge of what the Savior preached, not what some jack-leg TV preacher fills unlearned minds with. They have their reward- everytime someone sends it to them. Peace be with you.[/QUOTEInterstingl
True! And many of those pastors have had the courage to stand up for what they believe, and have moved on, going outside the confines of Adventism to teach the Gospel of Jesus and His finished work on the cross. And God kept their families from starving or having to live on the streets.
If you love me......do whatever you want? That's what one particular fellow seems to believe. That's what this thread is about. What each man believes will be acceptable is between he and God. When he comes to the Adventist forum and spews his unbiblical clatter and obvious dislike for our belief, of course people are going to respond, and when they can do it with sound AND reasonable doctrine from the word, so be it. He still hasn't said what this "gospel" he speaks about even consists of. I finally told him after he failed to show anything even remotely close. Hopefully he is expanding his knowledge of what the Savior preached, not what some jack-leg TV preacher fills unlearned minds with. They have their reward- everytime someone sends it to them. Peace be with you.

Interestingly, if an SDA disgrees with us, what we've said becomes "what some jack-leg TV preacher" had filled our "unlearned minds with." We are labeled "unlearned," if we disagree with the teachings of the SDA church. And if you will note, Jesus said, "If you love me, keep MY COMMANDMENTS (LOVE God supremely; LOVE others unselfishly as Christ loves us). The word "ten" does NOT appear in what Jesus said there, but SDA's consistently want to insert it ANY time the word "commandment(s)" appears in scripture.

Upvote 0

GrammyJ

Former SDA
May 30, 2013
✟9,560.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I just have to add one more thing to my response to the "If you love Me, do whatever you want" poster. Once you have been drawn to Christ and are born again - that NEW creation with a NEW heart that is led by the Holy Spirit (He becomes our Guardian in place of the law) - You CAN do whatever you want, because you are BRAND new with all NEW "wants." What I now want is 180 degrees different from what my "Old Self" (the old [wo]man of sin) would have wanted. Now, my New Heart actively looks for ways to Love God more and to demonstrate that love in loving service to my fellowman. I'm ALL brand new, from the inside out, not just the Old Me with a fresh coat of paint to make me look good!!! Am I now perfect? Oh, no!!! But I have the covering of Christ's perfect imputed righteousness in place of my failed filthy-rags efforts at perfection. When God looks at me, he sees only the perfection of His beloved Son.

Upvote 0

danstribe

Mar 30, 2013
✟24,205.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Gospel!
The Gospel is the Good News of Jesus Christ. John 3:16 is the Gospel, God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall have eternal life. God saved us with Grace, by believing in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Jesus defeated death for all who put their faith and trust in Him.
From what I've read the Gospel should be defined by what Christ said it is Matt 4:23 Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom Matt 9:35 Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom Mark 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, Matt 10:7 As you go, make this announcement: 'The kingdom from heaven is near!' Matt 6:9 and Luke 11:12
‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name, Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
The gospel that Christ preached and instructed His disciples to preach was the good news (gospel) of the coming Kingdom of God. Christ is the only way for mankind to enter that Kingdom but again the gospel He preached was about the Kingdom that is coming.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Once you have been drawn to Christ and are born again - that NEW creation with a NEW heart that is led by the Holy Spirit (He becomes our Guardian in place of the law) - You CAN do whatever you want, because you are BRAND new with all NEW "wants." "

Can it be said that a believer would come to a point, or could, where there is nothing that would be sin that will be desired anymore?

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can it be said that a believer would come to a point, or could, where there is nothing that would be sin that will be desired anymore?
Too watered down understanding of "sin."

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Once you have been drawn to Christ and are born again - that NEW creation with a NEW heart that is led by the Holy Spirit (He becomes our Guardian in place of the law) - You CAN do whatever you want, because you are BRAND new with all NEW "wants." "

DaveW-Ohev said:
Too watered down understanding of "sin."

It may be that what I responded to is "watering down" the meaning of sin, but I am not doing that with my position. Sin is so serious, as offending Yahweh it causes death. We contribute to that, and the curse in this world, with that still. We really should stop. Believers are enabled, and we don't have to sin, with having a way out. But what is sin? Going against our conscience is, going against what the Bible says is wrong is, and things determined from that, with God's Spirit showing us such. But we should never be presumptuous to say or think we are not sinning, there would be sin in such presumption, as with pride. But focus on God does not produce sin.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But what is sin? Going against our conscience is, going against what the Bible says is wrong is, and things determined from that, with God's Spirit showing us such.
Sins
Transgressions
Iniquities

What you describe more properly falls into the middle classification: transgressions.

"Sins" (in the original languages in both testaments) means to aim an arrow at a target but missing the bull's eye, i.e. the "mark." In our parlance it is TRYING to walk in obedience, but failing to do so.

In fact, prior to 1600, the word "sin" in English was also an archery term meaning to miss the target.

How is that definition of sin something to be "desired?"

Upvote 0