The Gospel- this one's for you- bloodygrace.

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
You've got the stage. In all the Sabbath bashing posts, you holler gospel gospel. Praytel, what exactly (in your words please) are you pertaining to? My curiosity gets the better of me. Thanks, in advance.

I will say "GOOD NEWS" :clap:

But like Dave said good luck getting a straight answer.

Upvote 0

bloodygrace

Newb Member
Sep 22, 2016
usa
✟20,950.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
In case you never figured it out, the seventh day Sabbath pointed forward to the finished work of Christ which was finished from the foundation of the earth. Believers in Christ have entered into his finished work. Old covenant SDA Sabbath keepers are trying to work their way to heaven by keeping a day and are condemned by the law of faith. If you want to be Jewish so bad just immigrate to Israel and give up the faith in Christ pretense.

Upvote 0

ronandcarol

Mar 9, 2014
✟27,889.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Gospel!
The Gospel is the Good News of Jesus Christ. John 3:16 is the Gospel, God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall have eternal life. God saved us with Grace, by believing in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Jesus defeated death for all who put their faith and trust in Him.

Reactions: ml5363
Upvote 0

ronandcarol

Mar 9, 2014
✟27,889.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Gospel!
The Gospel is the Good News of Jesus Christ. John 3:16 is the Gospel, God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall have eternal life. God saved us with Grace, by believing in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Jesus defeated death for all who put their faith and trust in Him.

Upvote 0

bloodygrace

Newb Member
Sep 22, 2016
usa
✟20,950.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The Gospel!

Amen!

Upvote 0

Sabbathkeeper&Wife

1Corinthians 13:2 - agape
Sep 7, 2016
Chattanooga
✟20,453.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Gospel!
Come on, there's MORE. LOTS MORE-. bloodygrace . No need to quote anyone else. This is YOUR thread. Your words please , both of em.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bloodygrace

Newb Member
Sep 22, 2016
usa
✟20,950.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Come on, there's MORE. LOTS MORE-. bloodygrace . No need to quote anyone else. This is YOUR thread. Your words please , both of em.

LOL

I have only one thing to say to you my brother in Christ!

Grace is Free!!!

Everything I have or ever will have is because Jesus first loved me.

Upvote 0

Sabbathkeeper&Wife

Sep 7, 2016
Chattanooga
✟20,453.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So this gospel you speak of- that's what we are talking about aren't we? You aren't telling us anything about it. How would you approach someone that you plan on sharing the good news? You need to be able to explain what the good news is that Jesus preached. MANY miss this point, so I'll just tell you. What Jesus preached - MORE than anything else- over and over was THE KINGDOM OF HIS FATHER. The rest that He preached was that after someone was forgiven(or healed or BOTH) they were to STOP SINNING. This isn't chess, it's just checkers. When you go into someone else's forum and continually slam their beliefs, it wouldn't hurt in the future to know what you are talking about since you are representing the ONE that makes the rules and does all the forgiving. There are also many parables Jesus used to help paint a clearer picture as well as the lady who gave all she had. She obtained the land with the big pearl (also the kingdom of heaven). Both of these things Jesus taught make up the "gospel" and Christ's number one thing was/is to try to prepare us to be accepted into the kingdom. He put very little emphasis on this world and tried to get us to realize that the important one, the one that mattered most, was the one to come. Peace be with you.

Upvote 0

bloodygrace

Newb Member
Sep 22, 2016
usa
✟20,950.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The gospel is to believe in Jesus because he has saved us. Most Christians don't believe in Jesus! They just play church and mime the words but they don't have genuine faith. Law keepers with their stop sinning propaganda have the weakest faith of all. They're trying to get righteousness out of the law so they don't trust in Jesus.

Upvote 0

ricker

Feb 25, 2007
Minnesota
✟19,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think Adventists or non-Adventists believe sinning is a good thing. The main difference is that Adventists believe that the law given to the nation of Israel as they were delivered out of Egypt is still, at least partially, still binding, while most Christians believe it was fulfilled by Jesus and replaced by the New Covenant. No amount of arguing here will change any one's thinking.

Upvote 0

Sabbathkeeper&Wife

Sep 7, 2016
Chattanooga
✟20,453.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews 8:10-
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

It doesn't have any thing to do with what any of us THINK. It has to do with what God SAYS. I see so many posts start and finish with the word THINK.

John 14:15-17-
If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 14:21-
He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sabbathkeeper&Wife

Sep 7, 2016
Chattanooga
✟20,453.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The gospel is to believe in Jesus because he has saved us. Most Christians don't believe in Jesus! They just play church and mime the words but they don't have genuine faith. Law keepers with their stop sinning propaganda have the weakest faith of all. They're trying to get righteousness out of the law so they don't trust in Jesus.
I told you what the gospel that Jesus taught was. It's the same thing that you haven't mentioned ..ever. If a Christian didn't believe in Jesus, he couldn't be a Christian then, could he? What most do are mime words and continue in sin, thus being a liar and a hypocrite. Faith is knowing that Christ is real and that He will keep His promises. He promises to send His Holy Spirit to those who repent from their wicked, unrighteous ways and obey Him, even unto death. Have I told you about the adulteress? The one they were going to stone. Jesus told her- neither do I condemn you (sin forgiven), go and sin no more (application of law). And again, when Jesus healed the one man, he told him to STOP SINNING or his condition will return. OUR condition for continuing in sin is that we will die the 2nd death, which is permanent. Grace is wonderful, but it's only the beginning. People say you can't out sin God's grace, and you can't, but you can out sin your ability to repent and your vanity. The purpose (one of them) of the Spirit is to bring us under conviction of our sins so we will turn from them and seek forgiveness. What good does it do to get mud and filth all over your brand new robe of righteousness when you haven't even had your picture made yet? Our walk in/with Jesus is for us to try to be more like him. Belief is not a free pass to do your will, but your Fathers. Anything else is vanity. We can see what doing our will got us from way back in Eden. Cain believed. He decided to worship his way and his offering was rejected. We have this righteousness by faith as you say, but we better also have faith in knowing God will purge the earth of sin too. You can BELIEVE it, or not. When Abraham was about to sacrifice his own son, God counted it as righteousness because he was OBEYING what God said.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
BG: you have left no room for obedience.

Did not Paul say this?

Rom 6.1 What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase? 2 May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it?

Paul called for believers - the saved - to walk in obedience. You keep putting the cart in front of the horse by saying we are obeying in order to be saved. You have it exactly backwards.

We do not do works to get saved; indeed, we are saved to do good works.

Eph 2.10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

Upvote 0

bloodygrace

Newb Member
Sep 22, 2016
usa
✟20,950.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I don't think Adventists or non-Adventists believe sinning is a good thing. The main difference is that Adventists believe that the law given to the nation of Israel as they were delivered out of Egypt is still, at least partially, still binding, while most Christians believe it was fulfilled by Jesus and replaced by the New Covenant. No amount of arguing here will change any one's thinking.

Very true. When I debate Adventists my intention is not to change their minds but those who are still on the fence. There are no degrees or steps in law keeping as the blind 'earners' like to put forth only a pass or a fail. The love of Christ always passes and everything else always fails.

Upvote 0

bloodygrace

Newb Member
Sep 22, 2016
usa
✟20,950.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
BG: you have left no room for obedience.

Did not Paul say this?

Rom 6.1 What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase? 2 May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it?

Paul called for believers - the saved - to walk in obedience. You keep putting the cart in front of the horse by saying we are obeying in order to be saved. You have it exactly backwards.

We do not do works to get saved; indeed, we are saved to do good works.

Eph 2.10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

true obedience is to realize you can never obey God in the flesh. Only those who walk in the Spirit are pleasing to God. The law of God is spiritual (Rom. 7:14) so we have to be spiritual to keep it.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
true obedience is to realize you can never obey God in the flesh. Only those who walk in the Spirit are pleasing to God. The law of God is spiritual (Rom. 7:14) so we have to be spiritual to keep it.
We are not denying that fact. Part of imparted grace is the Holy Spirit strengthening us to be able to "do all things."

As Asher Intrater once said: On Shavuot [pentecost] coming out of Egypt God told us what to do. On another Shavuot some 1500 years later He gave us the power to do it.

Upvote 0