Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
John 6:19 (NKJV) = So when they had rowed about three or four miles, they saw Jesus walking on the sea and drawing near the boat; and they were afraid.

I'm picturing this in my mind - that would be fearful and awesome - how would you react?

Upvote 0

Floodnut

Veteran
Jun 23, 2005
Winona Lake, INDIANA
Visit site
✟1,724.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
lonnienord said:
Lets read/talk about the Gospel of John. Post 1-5 verses and make a comment. (or two) After you post wait until someone else posts or 1 hr. (which ever is shorter) until you post again.

[bible]John 1:1[/bible] looks very similar to [bible]Genesis 1:1[/bible] doesn't it?
It is also amazingly paralleled in the First Epistle of John, in chapter 1:1-4

Upvote 0

Floodnut

Veteran
Jun 23, 2005
Winona Lake, INDIANA
Visit site
✟1,724.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Nazaroo said:
"But I have a greater witness than that of John:
for the works which the Father hath given me to finish,
the same works that I do, bear witness of Me,
that the Father hath sent Me." (John 5:36 KJV)
John was considered the greatest, they couldn't get around that. Then JOHN points to Jesus and says, "He is greater than me." Now what will they do with John. Now Jesus says MOSES points to me, and my works point to me, and THE FATHER points to me. And people try to tell us that we can just accept Jesus as a "good man and a prophet." NO GOOD MAN would make such claims. One must face these claims of the Savior, who is much more than merely a "good man." He was before he came to earth. He will later say, "Before Abraham was, [. . . . pause for effect . . . ] I AM."
The Son was with the Father before the world began, and the Father sent the Son into the world. Ah Lord God.

Upvote 0

Floodnut

Veteran
Jun 23, 2005
Winona Lake, INDIANA
Visit site
✟1,724.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For if ye had believed Moses, ye would have believed Me: for he wrote of Me.

But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe My words?

(John 5:46,47)
If you believe not Moses. . . Similar to what Jesus reports about Lazarus after his death with Abraham (Luke 16). If they believe not the SCRIPTURES, they will not believe though one rose from the dead. How important is it for us to be founded upon the Word of God. The Word of God is our sure foundation. There is alot in it that we don't understand. Our problem though, as often as not, is with what we DO UNDERSTAND. That which we do understand is what troubles us, and it is also abundant in how it comforts and confirms us.
Do we believe what Moses says? He spoke of Christ, in all the institutions of sacrifice, in the priesthood, in the tabernacle, in the account of the origin of the world (Ex 20:11), in the rituals of purification. All spoke of Christ. If you believe Moses you will have no problem believing Jesus.

Upvote 0

Floodnut

Veteran
Jun 23, 2005
Winona Lake, INDIANA
Visit site
✟1,724.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
lonnienord said:
waste not want not [bible]John 6:13[/bible]
Waste not want not, yes, BUT NOTE ALSO THE ABUNDANCE that is in Christ. He that spared not his own son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us RICHLY ALL THINGS TO ENJOY? (ROMANS 8:32). And note also the character of God similarly expressed in II Corinthians 9:8).

Upvote 0

Floodnut

Veteran
Jun 23, 2005
Winona Lake, INDIANA
Visit site
✟1,724.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lets read/talk about the Gospel of John. Post 1-5 verses and make a comment. (or two) After you post wait until someone else posts or 1 hr. (which ever is shorter) until you post again.
It seems like people are just copying out the verses and not making much by way of comment. Please share how God is speaking to you about each verse. Let a few comments be given before you move on. I didn't start this thread but that does seem to be the intent of the initiator, rather than simply having us take turns typing out successive verses of the Gospel. Maybe if we took a section each day, say of 5 or 10 verses and stuck to it, commenting on it. There will be some who lean in various directions in their comments as always, but hopefully there will be edifying comments that can contribute to mutal edification.

Reactions: lonnienord
Upvote 0

lonnienord

Keep Praying!!
Jan 13, 2005
Lorain, Ohio about 30 miles west of Cleveland on L
Visit site
✟39,601.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
[BIBLE]John 6:20-21[/BIBLE] That is the second sign in this chapter. JESUS can multiply bread and walk on water. These signs are preparing us for the great teaching HE is about to give.

Upvote 0

Forest

Senior Veteran
Jan 3, 2005
In the Forest
✟19,245.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
John 6:22 The day following, when the people which stood on the other side of the sea saw that there was none other boat there, save that one whereinto his disciples were entered, and that Jesus went not with his disciples into the boat, but that his disciples were gone away alone;

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.