U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Myriads of people will give myriads of ideas as to what teh gospel of Jesus is. It will all depend on what they are focusing on.

But the gospel Jesus preached was purely a Jewish only gospel. He came to His own to announce the long awaited Kingdom promised to Israel had arrived (in th e person of the King). If they had accepted that, He would have still died under Pilate for the sins of the world, but when He arose He would hav vanquished HIs enemies and began the kingdom on earth as was often promised to happen. But that is moot because it was prophesied that Israel would reject Jesus at His first coming so we have history unfolding.

That's true, but not for the Jews only. Jesus just started with the Jews to get them prepare for the rest of the nation. Remember the Israel (Jews) are the priest of God. The question is ...For what purpose did the Lord choose the children of Israel? (Exodus 19: 1-6) Let's look at the 5th & 6th vs.; "Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: (6th vs.) and ye shall be unto me a Kingdom of Priest, and a holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel."

Remember Paul says in Romans 9:4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises; Is this law for the children of Israel only? No. (Leviticus 24: 22) "Ye shall have one manner of law, as well for the stranger, as for one of your own country: For I am the Lord your God."

How can one who is not of the lineage of Israel, become partakers of the covenant of God? (Ephesians 2:11-22) Let's look at the 11th through 13th verses. "Wherefore remember, that ye being in the time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called uncircumcision by that which is called the circumcision in the flesh made by hands; (12th vs.) That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenant of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: (13th vs.) But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Pauls say in Romans 2:8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, 9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; 10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: 11 For there is no respect of persons with God. 12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; 13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Upvote 0

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The Pharisees rejected the Gospel of the kingdom expecting a premillennial kingdom as most do today. Jesus preached a spiritual kingdom now present. The Pharisees preached a physical kingdom most still wait for.

Show me using scriptures of what you saying. I don't think you looking at that right.

Upvote 0

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The Gospel is the good news of all of what Jesus did to reconcile us back to God, the Spirit, and, after that, is based on us walking in the/that new way, but what is actually an old way, that was before the OT law covenant, that both is, and both always was, from the very beginning of all, and from before the beginning of time, etc...

Faith, and Love, and Mercy, and Truth, and Forgiveness, and all of that, etc, etc, etc...

If we walk in and follow after those ways, then we have fully accepted what Jesus did for us, and have fully accepted Jesus, and we now have a new destination available to us in the afterlife, that is, "Heaven" now, in that way, if we now walk in that or those new ways, etc...

Also we spend the rest of our lives spending it trying to get to know God fully here also, all the while we are here until we get to there also, etc....

Which we can and will only ever get to truly know, by walking in that, or this new way, that is actually a very old way, etc, etc, etc...

Anyway, as far as I know, that is the good news Gospel, etc...

It and/or that/this, is what Jesus came to both show us and tell us, as far as I know, etc...

But it is conditional of/on walking in those new ways...

But following the old ways, you won't and will not ever, etc, for they are opposed to that, etc...

God Bless!

Thats sounds like some pretty good understanding you have there. But without verses or scriptures I'm not sure of what you mean, when you talk about heaven. There's three heavens the Bible speak of. We living in a world where we have to prove so much, especially when it comes to the word of God. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. (1 Thessalonians 5:21) You sound like you are on the right track if so, put some book to it.

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Agreed. The main reason is man likes to have it both ways. Thinking God is on their side and they on His, but at the same time refusing to adhere to His governance/will/Kingdom over their own. They refuse to let go of self serving ways while God says to look to others.

But there is a much older reason those leading the religion drew away from the Kingdom. They chose to broadside Jesus and the Kingdom for the opportunity to partner with the secular power of the world 1700 years ago give or take. In doing so they no longer represented the opposing Kingdom of God to the ways of man, but rejoined the world man has made in our own self serving image, establishing an institution modelled upon man's. They went on to become king makers themselves and establishing a secular kingdom of their own on in earth.

So... how could a religion that claimed to represent God continue to teach a Gospel that convicted them of their sin of abandoning the Kingdom for the world of man? They couldn't, and as a result manipulated doctrine accordingly and the blind have lead the blind ever since in that respect, including all denominations that came out of that growing religion.

Jesus represented the counter-culture of the Kingdom. Gentiles turned it back into a culture of man as God knew they would (Matthew 20:25), but in this way at least the scripture with the truth of His word, not man's, got carried forward, no matter how misused it became.Those of the Kingdom know the Gospel within, while those of the institution follow another.

Matthew 20:25 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them.

That's so true, I guess in a nutshell I conclude that it's written in Revelation 12: 7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, 8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. 9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. Reading what you have written brought my mind to the influence of what or who is behind these manipulated religious doctrine.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What is the gospel of Jesus? Is it merely the news that he was born in a manger? Is it confined to the miracles and healing Jesus did while walking the earth? Maybe it's simply the news of his death and resurrection? Well, all of these things are a part of the gospel, but the good news that Jesus preached is much more "... Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God" (Mark 1:14). This is the gospel of Jesus. Nowadays many fail to preach the gospel of God's kingdom. Why? The bible teaches that Satan has deceived the whole world (Revelation 12:9). Jesus said that many would come preaching in his name and yet deceive many (Matthews 24:5). This is why pastors everywhere claim to be fulfilling the great commission (spreading the gospel all over the world), but never mention the coming of God's kingdom. Therefore, many people are deceived and have not heard the gospel of Jesus. Instead they hear and believe another gospel, which teaches that they are going to heaven. This is not the gospel of Jesus!

All over the bible, from the promise to Abraham in Genesis to the second coming of Jesus in Revelation, the Lord reveals that his kingdom will be on earth. This message is supposed to be good news to us, especially considering the condition of the world. We should be glad to know that God is going to straighten out the trouble and confusion that's presently in the world. Jesus even told us to pray for the fulfillment of his gospel, "Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven" (Matthew 6:10). Jesus also warned us to repent (turn from our sins) and be prepared for the coming of his kingdom. If we truly believe the gospel, then we will obey God's commandments. "...The unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God" (I Corinthians 6:9).

However, Jesus said the meek are blessed because they will inherit the earth (Matthew 5:5). Now why in the world would the meek want to inherit the earth if God is supposed to take us to heaven? Maybe the meek are not so blessed after all?! Yes, the meek are blessed because they will be on the earth, in God's kingdom. "...but the wicked shall not inhabit the earth" (Proverbs 10:30). Therefore, repent and believe the gospel (Mark 1:15). Jesus never promised to take us to heaven. As a matter of fact Jesus said that no man went up to heaven except he (speaking of himself) that came down from heaven (St. John 3:13). Jesus promised us we would dwell with him on the earth. That's right, Jesus is returning to establish the kingdom of God. If we have faith and obey him, we will rule with him on the earth, "And hast made us unto our God kings and priests; and we shall reign on the earth" (Revelation 5:10).

Jesus did not come to earth for what happens to us in this life, but for what happens to us when we breathe our last breath. As sinners there is a pit dug in hell for each one of us when we are born. All who die without Jesus Christ will go to hell. He did not come here to make us rich! He did not die so we can love the things of this world! He who knew no sin became the sin of the world and He died so that we might repent and accept His gift of everlasting life and escape the clutches of hell. We must be very careful however because our God is a jealous God and a consuming fire. It is like this. It is like Satan said " Give me some time with them and they will choose what I have to offer them instead of You." and God said," Ok you can try, but it is all or nothing. They cannot have both." and so we either reject the pleasures and things of this world so that we can have the Life God offers us when we die, or we enjoy the toys and goods of the physical world and lose our gift of everlasting life. We cannot have both. If we choose to play tennis and watch tv instead of spend our time reading the Word of God, and praying, then our actions are choosing the world and not God. You cannot serve two masters.

He who loves his life shall lose it, but he who hates his life shall keep it for eternal life. John 12:25

Suffering in this life is choosing God. The prosperity message is wrong. Our rewards are in heaven. We are not to store them here and have an abundance of worldly goods. We must do everything to keep from going to hell. Everything, because hell is real. It is permanent. Those who fall there have no second chance. There is no love in hell. There is no air in hell. No water, no salvation, and the only place we get second chances is on earth. Lord have mercy on us all.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
While not meaning or desiring to open any confrontation or discussion re: the KJB, how do your resources explain the following:

KJV Colossians 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son

I looked at this some time ago & as I recall, it seemed to be the only (?) time Scripture tells us we've been translated/transferred into His Kingdom already. That is unless we push this to parallel His placing us in Christ, or into the reign of His Son (but these seem forced and I can think of arguments against them).

It's also the only time this Greek word is translated this way. If we look at how it is normally translated (even in the KJB), it can just as easily be translated as "removed us for," which would make it parallel to "delivered us from."

So, if we've been transferred/translated into His Son's Kingdom already, can we be thrown out? I can think of some verses to point to, to say yes.

Thoughts apart from just KJB advocacy?

I believe the words “Kingdom of God” is more about Jesus (although it can include the body of Christ because Christ abides in His followers). Yet, the words “kingdom of Christ” (Ephesians 5:5), or the “kingdom of his dear Son” (Colossians 1:13) is in reference to the entire body of Christ (i.e. followers of Jesus Christ). For kingdoms are made up of people. Christ abides in all born again believers. Jesus is the head of the body of Christ. The word “kingdom” without the words “of God” refers more to the Lord's people. For example: In 1 Corinthians 15:24, it says:

“Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.” (1 Corinthians 15:24).​

Here we see Christ will deliver up His kingdom (i.e. His people that He abided within) to God the Father. However, before Christ can deliver His kingdom (i.e. His proclaimed followers) to God the Father, He will send forth His angels and they will gather out of HIS Kingdom (i.e. those who proclaimed to follow Christ) and these angels will gather out of Christ's kingdom all things that offend, and those who work iniquity (sin) and they will be cast into the furnace of fire (i.e. the Lake of Fire) (See: Matthew 13:41-42). In other words, born again believers who later justified sin will be cast out and thrown into the Lake of Fire before Christ hands His Kingdom over to God the Father.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, that is a part of it. Jesus says in Matthew 13: 44 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.

Jesus is like treasure hid in the field (Matthew 13:44).
Jesus is the pearl of great price (Matthew 13:45-46).
Jesus said, “Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.” (John 5:39).

Upvote 0

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Some believe that Jesus will never actually come back to the earth, but will rule over the earth from heaven. However, the gospel teaches that Jesus will sit on a throne on the earth in Jerusalem. Even before he was born the angel Gabriel informed his mother, Mary of the fact, "...and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David and he shall reign over the house of Jacob forever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end" (Luke 1:32-33). King Israel,

David never ruled in heaven, but he sat on a throne on the earth in Jerusalem. According to the gospel, Jesus will do the same and he told us this very plainly saying, "Jerusalem...is the city of the great king" (Matthew 5:35). Now, if we intend to dwell with Jesus then where will we be? Sitting with him on his throne in Jerusalem. " To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne" (Revelation 3:21).

Notice that Jesus didn't promise us we would sit with him on his Father's throne in heaven, but he promised us we would sit with him on his own throne on the earth. Of course we must overcome by keeping his commandments until the end. Jesus is called a king throughout the bible, but people don't seem to take this fact literally.

Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice. Jesus said that he was born into the world to be a king (St. John 18:37). Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him. After he was born and just a baby, the wise men came looking for him "...(Matthew 2:1-2).

When he died for our sins, this was even the title written on his cross, "...JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS." Nevertheless, all kings must have a place to rule from, just as the emperors ruled from Rome and president’s rule from Washington, D. C. Well, Jesus is the great king and Jerusalem is the city that he will rule from. After returning to the earth, Jesus will take over and rule all other ruler ships. I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed. (Daniel 7:13-14). And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.(Revelation 11:15).

That's why he is not only called a king, but called KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. "And the kingdom and dominion and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most high, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom. AND ALL DOMINIONS SHALL SERVE AND OBEY HIM" (Daniel 7:27). I guess the meek will inherit the earth, since the kingdom is under the whole heaven and not up in heaven. As we have seen the kingdom of Jesus will last forever. And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. (Revelation 20:4-6). After ruling for a thousand years with his saints, Jesus will then have judgment day.

All who are found worthy will enter into his kingdom and the rest will enter the lake of fire.
And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. (Revelation 20: 11-15) Read the whole chapter! All who are found worthy will enter into his kingdom and the rest will enter the lake of fire.

Upvote 0

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Jesus is like treasure hid in the field (Matthew 13:44).
Jesus is the pearl of great price (Matthew 13:45-46).
Jesus said, “Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.” (John 5:39).

That's right, absolutely right. Search those scriptures brothers and Sisters, I urge you to become Old and New Testament christians. I have read scriptures about Jesus, that I have seen in movies in our days. Remember Paul says in Romans 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. Thanks for bringing those verses up.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,756.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
OP: The gospel of Jesus.
Post #9: I shared Paul's gospel message of Jesus, by which SALVATION is found.

Where in these verses you've shared, do I find salvation? In a synagogue? Via the law & Moses?

How does one apply you're Gospel of the kingdom or kingdom of God mentions to salvation?
No Kingdom, no salvation. No will of God ahead of our own which is His 'Kingdom', no salvation.

Paul's salvation message was a part of the Gospel of the Kingdom that he taught, not the other way around. But those who chose to ignore the Gospel of the Kingdom because they shunned it to rejoin the world of man, found the salvation gospel a convenient way to skirt around the Gospel of Kingdom and how it condemned what they did. A theological twist abusing the teachings of Paul to self justify their actions, which of course proves they were back to following the will of man rather than the will of God .

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,756.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
They will try to set up God's Kingdom here on earth, but it will be only a physical Kingdom, and a false Kingdom
Already happened 1700 years ago and has begat ever denomination that sprang from that tree.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,756.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
All foundational truth needed for salvation was offered in the scripture I shared with you.
Jesus said
Matthew 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Truth comes from the Father and not from man, that is the foundation of His church. Just as the Gospel of the Kingdom comes before the will of man. His Kingdom come, His will be done.

Reactions: Bro.T
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,756.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
He is just stating that the kingdom of God in an internal and invisible kingdom of the heart and spirit and is not one (at least now) that has any outward appearance.
Exactly. Rejection of the self serving ways of man over the will of God is an internal choice even at this point 2000 years later, as Jesus has not returned to defeat the governance of man and establish the governance/kingdom of God as told in His Gospel of the Kingdom.. making it visible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟303,748.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Exactly. Rejection of the self serving ways of man over the will of God is an internal choice even at this point 2000 years later, as Jesus has not returned to defeat the governance of man and establish the governance/kingdom of God as told in His Gospel of the Kingdom.. making it visible.
That’s an interesting way of looking at it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,756.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That’s an interesting way of looking at it.
The will of man vs the will of God has been the only thing it has all been about since the Garden. It is unfortunate that the poetic writing styles of the day made it less obvious.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟303,748.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The will of man vs the will of God has been the only thing it has all been about since the Garden. It is unfortunate that the poetic writing styles of the day made it less obvious.
It’s equally unfortunate when poetic justice becomes the writing style.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Show me using scriptures of what you saying. I don't think you looking at that right.
Daniel said the kingdom would come in the times of the ancient Roman Empire. Did it? If you say yes, you can see the kingdom is spiritual. If you and the Pharisees say no, it did not, it's because only the born again can see it;

“Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” John 3:3 (KJV 1900)

So most today side with the Pharisees, reject the Gospel of the kingdom Jesus preached and look for a physical millennial kingdom instead. The Pharisee's version of the kingdom.

Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0

nolidad

Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's true, but not for the Jews only. Jesus just started with the Jews to get them prepare for the rest of the nation. Remember the Israel (Jews) are the priest of God. The question is ...For what purpose did the Lord choose the children of Israel? (Exodus 19: 1-6) Let's look at the 5th & 6th vs.; "Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: (6th vs.) and ye shall be unto me a Kingdom of Priest, and a holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel."

Remember Paul says in Romans 9:4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises; Is this law for the children of Israel only? No. (Leviticus 24: 22) "Ye shall have one manner of law, as well for the stranger, as for one of your own country: For I am the Lord your God."

How can one who is not of the lineage of Israel, become partakers of the covenant of God? (Ephesians 2:11-22) Let's look at the 11th through 13th verses. "Wherefore remember, that ye being in the time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called uncircumcision by that which is called the circumcision in the flesh made by hands; (12th vs.) That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenant of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: (13th vs.) But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Pauls say in Romans 2:8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, 9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; 10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: 11 For there is no respect of persons with God. 12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; 13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Well in that the Kingdom Jesus was offering was going to be teh whole world, I agree. But god did not promise a kingdom to any gentile nations in the OT. They were to be subjects under Israeli rule as is clearly spelled out in teh minor prophets.

In order for a gentile to partake of the blessings of the covenant- they had to live in the land of promise and become a Jew by circumcision which was a public renunciation of their pagan culture. If they left the land of Israel- teh blessings no longer were valid for them.

The gospel of the kingdom Jesus preached was for the nation of Israel alone! Israel was the only nation promised a kingdom. NO other nation is promised.

• Winner
Reactions: Guojing
Upvote 0