Razare

God gave me a throne
Nov 20, 2014
✟10,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe that the whole Bible can be written just from Genesis alone. Just today, God clunked into my spirit the gospel of Jesus Christ revealed inside the Genesis 1 opening before man was even created.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Genesis 1:9 And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
The Seas = The Nations of the World (Gentiles)

Land/Ground/Sand = Israel

Before Israel, there were nations of the world, and there was no Israel. Then God separated the water out, and kept the land, which is the nation of Israel.

The Seas = Revelation 17:15 - Then the angel said to me, "The waters you saw, where the prostitute sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations and languages.

The Sand = Concerning Jacob: Genesis 32:12 - But you have said, ‘I will surely make you prosper and will make your descendants like the sand of the sea, which cannot be counted.’”

Jacob became named Israel in chapter 32, and his 12 children are the nation of Israel. Abraham had 2 promises from God, the stars of the sky, and then also, the sand of the sea. Jacob had only the sand of the sea spoken to him.

Genesis 1:14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars.

As Abraham was first told in Genesis 15,

Genesis 15:5 - He took him outside and said, “Look up at the sky and count the stars—if indeed you can count them.” Then he said to him, “So shall your offspring be.”

In the Genesis 15 covenant, only stars are mentioned and promised. Sand was not mentioned to Abraham until he had his son under bondage (Ishmael), in Genesis 16. After the son of the law is born, God expands the promise to Abraham to include Israel:

Genesis 22:17 - I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies,

Why is Ishmael the son of the law?

Galatians 4 - For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by the slave woman and the other by the free woman. His son by the slave woman was born according to the flesh, but his son by the free woman was born as the result of a divine promise.These things are being taken figuratively: The women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar. Now Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem, because she is in slavery with her children. But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother.

Also, the Sun represents the Father God and the moon represents Jerusalem:

Then he had another dream, and he told it to his brothers. "Listen," he said, "I had another dream, and this time the sun and moon and eleven stars were bowing down to me." - Genesis 37:9

Now Jacob correctly interpreted the dream, stating that he was the Sun, and since he was Joseph's father, the Sun symbolically represents the Father. (Could be how Christ knew God was his Father???)

Galatians 4:26 - But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother.

There are then two mothers, the mother below, and the mother above, but either way, a mother is represented by the moon in Genesis 37:9.

We see then that the stars of heaven come after there is a Sun (Father) and a Moon (Jerusalem).
------------------------------------------------------------
Genesis 1

Light vs. Dark - 3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

Water Above vs. Water Below - 6 And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.” 7 So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

Water Below vs. Land Below - 9 And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good.
----------------------
Light is symbolic of truth. Psalm 43:3
Dark is symbolic of ignorance.

Separation of light and dark symbolizes the separation between truth and ignorance.
-----------------------

Water Above is the Heaven.
Water Below are the Seas.
Water symbolizes life.

Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them. – John 7:38

This part of the passage denotes there are 2 types of life. Life above in heaven, and life below on Earth. Spiritual life with God, and life that is apart from God.

------------------------
Water Below vs. Land Below

As stated before, this is a type of the nations vs. Israel.

Israel is land because it has separated itself apart from living like the world (wordily life). It does not live like the world but it is dry and dead.
-------------------------
What this shares is the following…

- There is truth from God (light from above)
- There is life from God (water from above)
- We might also suppose there is a way for the land to have truth and life from God above

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” – John 14:6 (Did Jesus learn this statement out of Genesis 1???)
------------------------
Genesis 1

The Seed - 11 Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

And as men know, a seed is sewn in the ground, it receives Water from Above, which flow through streams and rivers, and then also, the seeds receive Light from above.

The seed, having been supplied truth (light) and life (water), is the way land bears life. And this life produces more seeds.

Now, when a seed is sown that has the Truth of God, and the Life of God, this seed is special because it does not produce ordinary crops. “bearing seed according to their kinds” it says in Genesis 1:11.

Therefore, the kind of seed which fruits with the Life of God and the Truth of God, bears a different kind of fruit! If you look back at Light vs. Dark and Water Above vs. Water Below… you will see that if you chose light and water above as options, you would be looking in the heavens for such a thing. These would be stars.

The stars live in the realm where there is the light of God, and the life of God above. The stars are not part of the water below, nor the land below.

So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; - 1 Corinthians 15:42

Now a seed which is sown dies.

Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. – John 12:24

And so Christ’s death and the resurrection harvest it would produce can be seen in Genesis 1.

Last edited:

giftofGod2

Aug 16, 2016
cyberspace
✟15,845.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Hi Razare,

I'm sorry to tell you that the essence of the gospel is missing from what you wrote about Genesis 1. As the gospel is that Jesus died for our sins according to the scriptures, was buried, and that He rose again from the dead according to the scriptures (1 Corinthians 15:1-4)

There are aspects of the gospel in what you wrote about Genesis 1, but the fulness of it is not really present.

Now I just came over here from a different thread where you have said that you have a third point of view about baptism, and I am curous as to what it might be. So I ask you to please go back to that thread and tell us your view so that we can all look at it more in depth. If it is better than the first two and scriptural, it may indeed be the truth. So why would you keep it from us if it is the truth?

I believe that the whole Bible can be written just from Genesis alone. Just today, God clunked into my spirit the gospel of Jesus Christ revealed inside the Genesis 1 opening before man was even created.
Genesis 1:9 And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good.

Before Israel, there were nations of the world, and there was no Israel. Then God separated the water out, and kept the land, which is the nation of Israel.

The Seas = Revelation 17:15 - Then the angel said to me, "The waters you saw, where the prostitute sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations and languages.

The Sand = Concerning Jacob: Genesis 32:12 - But you have said, ‘I will surely make you prosper and will make your descendants like the sand of the sea, which cannot be counted.’”

Jacob became named Israel in chapter 32, and his 12 children are the nation of Israel. Abraham had 2 promises from God, the stars of the sky, and then also, the sand of the sea. Jacob had only the sand of the sea spoken to him.

Genesis 1:14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars.

Genesis 15:5 - He took him outside and said, “Look up at the sky and count the stars—if indeed you can count them.” Then he said to him, “So shall your offspring be.”

In the Genesis 15 covenant, only stars are mentioned and promised. Sand was not mentioned to Abraham until he had his son under bondage (Ishmael), in Genesis 16. After the son of the law is born, God expands the promise to Abraham to include Israel:

Genesis 22:17 - I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies,

Galatians 4 - For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by the slave woman and the other by the free woman. His son by the slave woman was born according to the flesh, but his son by the free woman was born as the result of a divine promise.These things are being taken figuratively: The women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar. Now Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem, because she is in slavery with her children. But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother.

Then he had another dream, and he told it to his brothers. "Listen," he said, "I had another dream, and this time the sun and moon and eleven stars were bowing down to me." - Genesis 37:9

Now Jacob correctly interpreted the dream, stating that he was the Sun, and since he was Joseph's father, the Sun symbolically represents the Father. (Could be how Christ knew God was his Father???)

Galatians 4:26 - But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother.

There are then two mothers, the mother below, and the mother above, but either way, a mother is represented by the moon in Genesis 37:9.

We see then that the stars of heaven come after there is a Sun (Father) and a Moon (Jerusalem).
Genesis 1

Light vs. Dark - 3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

Water Above vs. Water Below - 6 And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.” 7 So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

Water Below vs. Land Below - 9 And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good.
----------------------

Separation of light and dark symbolizes the separation between truth and ignorance.
-----------------------

Water symbolizes life.

Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them. – John 7:38

This part of the passage denotes there are 2 types of life. Life above in heaven, and life below on Earth. Spiritual life with God, and life that is apart from God.

------------------------

Israel is land because it has separated itself apart from living like the world (wordily life). It does not live like the world but it is dry and dead.

- We might also suppose there is a way for the land to have truth and life from God above

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” – John 14:6 (Did Jesus learn this statement out of Genesis 1???)
------------------------
Genesis 1

The Seed - 11 Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

And as men know, a seed is sewn in the ground, it receives Water from Above, which flow through streams and rivers, and then also, the seeds receive Light from above.

The seed, having been supplied truth (light) and life (water), is the way land bears life. And this life produces more seeds.

Now, when a seed is sown that has the Truth of God, and the Life of God, this seed is special because it does not produce ordinary crops. “bearing seed according to their kinds” it says in Genesis 1:11.

Therefore, the kind of seed which fruits with the Life of God and the Truth of God, bears a different kind of fruit! If you look back at Light vs. Dark and Water Above vs. Water Below… you will see that if you chose light and water above as options, you would be looking in the heavens for such a thing. These would be stars.

The stars live in the realm where there is the light of God, and the life of God above. The stars are not part of the water below, nor the land below.

So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; - 1 Corinthians 15:42

Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. – John 12:24

And so Christ’s death and the resurrection harvest it would produce can be seen in Genesis 1.

Upvote 0

Razare

God gave me a throne
Nov 20, 2014
✟10,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are aspects of the gospel in what you wrote about Genesis 1, but the fulness of it is not really present.

I already know that. I was never implying it was fully there. For example, we would not be certain at this juncture who he is... his name? his birthplace? And then other elements. I'm not too concerned with it not being all there, the point was, that you could see the beginnings of it there.

I'm also confused why you thought it should be there and why that would be the point of what I posted?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
For example, we would not be certain at this juncture who he is... his name? his birthplace? And then other elements.
Delightfully, this is revealed by Yhwh both in the stars to all the nations ever since creation (truthfully and effectively; what is essential, and extravagantly generous of and from Yhwh)
and in the original language of Bereshit.

Upvote 0

Uber Genius

"Super Genius"
Aug 13, 2016
Kentucky
✟56,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Genesis 1

----------------------

-----------------------

Water symbolizes life.

------------------------

------------------------
Genesis 1

Here is the problem to allegorical interpretation: WE CAN MAKE THE BIBLE SAY ANYTHING WE WANT TO.

Jesus makes the point to the disciples, that they would not be able to comprehend the truth, but that he would send a helper, "12 “I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear.13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.” (Jn 16:12-15)

"My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message." (Jn 17:20)

The context is the HS making known things to the disciples. They are passing them on through speech and later the Books of the NT.

Now how is it that we are all of a sudden denying God's method of disseminating these truths, namely through the apostles teaching?

Allegorizing is searching for a hidden or secret meaning underlying but remote from and unrelated in reality to the more obvious meaning of a text. In other words the literal reading is a sort of code, which needs to be deciphered to determine the more significant and hidden meaning. In this approach the literal is superficial, the allegorical is the true meaning." (Zuck)

The Bible is not a code book. It is a collection of writings by people commissioned by God to carry various revelations about God. It is exoteric not esoteric, we don't pass on "secret knowledge," to an inner circle of devotees. All can learn.

On your allegorical "God showed me," version no one can possibly prove you wrong. But likewise no one can possibly be proven right about the meaning of a passage.

Why then does all scripture give us right and wrong ways of living in, and understanding, the external world?

These approaches destroy the meaning to the original author and audience.

Instead of the maxim, "A biblical text can't mean to us something that it never meant to its author or audience," is turned on its head to scripture means whatever you want to allegorize it to mean.

Jesus was begotten therefore he is not eternal! (Are the Jehovah Witness's right, they can't be proven wrong on your allegorical hermeneutic).

Gnosticism, adoptionism, docetism, Arianism can't possibly be heresies.

If we detroy the communication value of text that men have given their lives to record and preserve what hope is their for our salvation having trampled under foot such a precious revelation given to us at such a great cost?

For more on the history of allegorical interpretations and why we matured past them read:

http://www.biblestudytools.com/comm...n/the-rise-of-allegorical-interpretation.html

I know this post has been a stern rebuke of the allegorical hermeneutic. It is not a rebuke that God can't communicate in various ways, or the Bible-Deist position that all we have now is the Bible, and God can't speak to us personally or show us insights. Please review the material in the links and ask what we are encouraged to study by Paul if scriptures have the type of hidden codes and meanings you suggest?

Upvote 0

Razare

God gave me a throne
Nov 20, 2014
✟10,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I decided not to defend myself.

Part of the issue here is I probably shouldn't share God-given revelation with Christians, because like Joseph when he shared his dream, it creates persecution from other believers.

For one, the other believers will be unable to see and notice what God has given me, because your callings are different and your gifts are different.

I would suggest to anyone interested in growing in the gifts of God, to get out and do ministry: www.thelastreformation.com

Then we don't have to debate! :D We'll be too busy seeing the works of Jesus in our life, preaching the gospel to all the world with miracles, signs, and wonders and all gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Genesis 1

----------------------

-----------------------

Water symbolizes life.

------------------------

------------------------
Genesis 1

Your allergorizing, nothing wrong with it but finding the Gospel in Genesis 1 needs a sound exposition. First of all creation in Genesis 1 comes down to a single word, used five times: once for the creation of the universe, verse 1, life in general, verse 21, then three Times for the creation of man. This same word, is used in the Messianic kingdom section of Isaiah, paralleling the creation of Genesis 1 with the creation of Israel.

There are parallels in the New Testament, the incarnation, resurrection, new birth, second coming and of course the new heavens and the new earth. It commonly overlooked that creation isn't just an Old Testament historical narrative, its a New Testament promise.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Uber Genius

"Super Genius"
Aug 13, 2016
Kentucky
✟56,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I decided not to defend myself.

Part of the issue here is I probably shouldn't share God-given revelation with Christians, because like Joseph when he shared his dream, it creates persecution from other believers.

For one, the other believers will be unable to see and notice what God has given me, because your callings are different and your gifts are different.

I would suggest to anyone interested in growing in the gifts of God, to get out and do ministry: www.thelastreformation.com

Then we don't have to debate! :D We'll be too busy seeing the works of Jesus in our life, preaching the gospel to all the world with miracles, signs, and wonders and all gifts of the Holy Spirit.

So we can learn from one another building each other up as one body in Christ. Not all speak in tongues do they?

Well I share words with people on a fairly regular basis.

They are very specific. They sometime identify names and often pass situations of great wounding in people's lives that only God could have known. I even get words for atheists from time to time. But that doesn't mean I'm writing scripture.

What if God share the allegorical interpretation that Jesus was born, or emanated from the Father, or was the Father in a different mode. What if my interpretation was given by an angel. Have you not heard of the Jehovah's Witnesses? Or the Mormons?

Apostles, and only a select few, were called to write scripture.

To miss this point is to undermine all the works of Jesus in your life. It is not an either or proposition. I grew up in aCharismatic church and have two leaders from the 1970s that took their gifts and started their own cult groups. Due in a large part to their lack of understanding and valuing the scriptures. My hope is the you would investigate my claims and if true, take my advise. We have many Catholics who have suffered under false teaching for 1600 years based on Augustine's allegorical methods.

I am not disputing the claim that God is showing you things that are specific. But allegory is a method to be limited to when the author writes an allegory.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums