The gospel is "believe in/on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved"...?

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
And my point remains, a point I was very clear on, some teach we don't have that "loving and caring faith" or have to do anything but say we have faith, and that's what i speak against. I already showed that is not faith, it's nothing, or dead faith. The bible says it right there...how could I be more clear?

On helping someone who came into your church, I'm thinking because of what happened to the Goats in the scripture on the Sheep and the Goats, at least to me, that says make a practice of helping others. Some churches go look for those who need help or advertise this is where you come for help, the people make that possible with donations an there we have it, the things God told us we must do. I hope most churches do that., and tha's just one way of taking care of people.

As far as dead faith, or faith without action getting us to heaven goes, go tell the goats that and see how they respond. The goats did precisely what they are talking about in the "dead faith" scripture just posted, they said they did things, but the things they did were all talk, yet they were convinced they were just fine the way they argued with Jesus, yet....

I'm not imaging what I read in that parable....it's clear as a bell.

I will admit that i incorrectly wrote dead when in the Bible the verse states, little faith.

But as for the rest of what you believe i am still opposed to any believer loosing their eternal life. So that is about all i have to write to you. Because i have debated you before about that and have noting else to say (to you).

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Make sure that you advise me when you actually discover someone preaching, that we don't need to love others as Christians.

Why are you asking me to do that?

I seriously doubt that anyone has ever taught that because I have never seen it.

You don't see all. If you think I would lie to you, ok.

I saw it because I asked

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I will admit that i incorrectly wrote dead when in the Bible the verse states, little faith.

But as for the rest of what you believe i am still opposed to any believer loosing their eternal life. So that is about all i have to write to you. Because i have debated you before about that and have noting else to say (to you).

You were replying to a post directed at someone else.

Upvote 0

Rebecca4Christ

Servant
Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2019
Central U.S.
✟129,167.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I ask these questions for witnessing purposes, I want to know how to go about it, what to ask people and tell people when witnessing in person, I don't know how, to put it shortly...

And one of the first things I would ask them is if "They believe on the Lord Jesus Christ" and that they need to believe on/in the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved, but, then what...?

I might ask them "Who do they say He is", and then maybe "How they have come to know or believe that"...

And I need to understand all the possibilities that come up with those kinds of questions and the right answers to them, ect... The in's and out's of them, ect... Before I will fell like I can witness, ect...

That's why I posted this...

Anybody care to comment...?

God Bless!

The 10 commandments/the law shows us what sin is,and how we all are sinners.It's a mirror for us to see the truth of what we are and why we need a Saviour and to repent.The Gospel is the good news that the price has been paid for our sin.
Ray comfort has dedicated his life to serving God in this way,and he is a great teacher of evangelism.
Living Waters | Inspiring. Equipping. Fulfilling.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,541.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Gospel of John was written for people (any person) who had not yet believed in the Messiah for life John 20:30,31.
Notice no parables in John, the book is completely about making known who the Messiah is.

Matthew (Mark, Luke) was written for Jewish people and also how to follow The Messiah.

1 Corinthians 15 was written addressing resurrection. There was a group of believers saying there was no resurrection of the dead.

Now if Christ is preached that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen. And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty.

Jesus had no ministry to the Gentiles during his time on Earth. Matthew 15:24 made that clear.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Personally I only believe in some confession theology. Some sins should be confessed, but not all. People tend to be judgmental and massive confession of sins just leads to judgment from people? But there are important sins to confess.

I confess my sins to God, because ultimately he is the judge.
When I say confess, I mean to God, not man, for I do think that is necessary...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I do believe both are required but at the same time I don't think God is that low that he is going to be some cruel towards others for their ignorance. I do think right and wrong factor more.

The whole argument of "you only need to believe" makes morality sound meaningless. What is the point of having a moral code in our design if the only thing that gets us in heaven is by just worshiping this God. Not only does this make morality completely non-existent but it makes God look so insecure.

Revelation states that the dead before the throne where Judged by their works. These dead where not specified to be just believers or non-believers so just by assumption the details are ambiguous. If they where "just believers" then that already refutes the "faith alone" because their names on the book of life depended on what they did not what they believed.

There is just too many logical fallacies with faith alone, and even the Bible through James and Revelation have spoken on how unreasonable it is to just base yourself as christian because you believe.
True Humbleness and Humility before God, and to God, should produce the right kind of morality God is looking for, or the right kind of people or persons, but, some would disagree and say it does the opposite, but those are most usually the ones who are and choose and prefer to walk in pride, and choose it as a safeguard... And feel it sometimes and reject the feeling and so don't do it, when they are about to get down on their knees, ect...

If you have a problem getting down on your knees, then you have a problem indeed...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Jesus had no ministry to the Gentiles during his time on Earth. Matthew 15:24 made that clear.

I never said anything about Jesus and His ministry.

I stated that the Gospel of John was written to people who had not yet believed in The Messiah for eternal life.

And since The Gospel of John was not written until the church age had begun. It was for any person who had not believed in the Messiah for life (Jew or Gentile). Since it is stated in the church age, there is neither Jew or Greek/Gentile. The Gospel of John is for any non believer.

Upvote 0

Devin P

Apr 16, 2017
Michigan
✟99,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The gospel is "believe in/on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved"...?

And that's it, that's the good news, however, questions come up, like "believe how" for one, maybe even "believe what" (about or with Jesus Christ) for another, and do we all have to believe or all believe the exact same thing when it comes to Jesus or God, or in having our Christian beliefs about God or whatever, do they have to be the same, or, can they be different?

Then, some will say if you are truly one of His, that confession and repentance must be involved or is a part of the deal as well, and they would be right, mostly or for the most part. We all pretty much agree and there is not much disagreement about the "confession" and confessing part, but, we get hung up and argue quite a bit and there is a lot of disagreement about the whole repentance and repenting part.

So can we resolve these issues or discuss them maybe....?

Is our salvation dependent upon right (or wrong) believing or not...? Or our (confession and) repentance or our being "repentant" in and throughout our lives, and which one is it, if it is...?

Comments...?

God Bless!
The gospel isn't Jesus Christ dying for our sins. That's HOW He made the gospel happen. The gospel is that we can now enter into covenant with Him and that we are no longer locked and shunned from a relationship with Him. But, now we are called to walk out our lives dead to son and flesh. We are called to walk in truth and spirit.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,541.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I never said anything about Jesus and His ministry.

I stated that the Gospel of John was written to people who had not yet believed in The Messiah for eternal life.

And since The Gospel of John was not written until the church age had begun. It was for any person who had not believed in the Messiah for life (Jew or Gentile). Since it is stated in the church age, there is neither Jew or Greek/Gentile. The Gospel of John is for any non believer.

True, the Gospel of John was written very late, most likely after Paul completed his letters to the church, thus it could be true that it was written during the church age.

But even if you take that perspective, you still cannot conclude that the "The Gospel of John is for any non believer.". The apostle John agreed to confine his ministry strictly to the Jews and leave Paul with the sole authority of the Gentiles, as stated in Galatians 2:9

9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

So while I agree that John 3:16 is one of those verses many of us love and likely to be the very first verse we memorized, to conclude that "The Gospel of John is for any non believer" cannot be supported from the scriptures.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So while I agree that John 3:16 is one of those verses many of us love and likely to be the very first verse we memorized, to conclude that "The Gospel of John is for any non believer" cannot be supported from the scriptures.

Are you trying to tell us there are two separate gospels? At least that's the only thing I can think of when you claim one is for believers and one for non believers.

If indeed you are trying to tell us that, where is it biblical there are two different Gospels and what are the differences?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
True, the Gospel of John was written very late, most likely after Paul completed his letters to the church, thus it could be true that it was written during the church age.

But even if you take that perspective, you still cannot conclude that the "The Gospel of John is for any non believer.". The apostle John agreed to confine his ministry strictly to the Jews and leave Paul with the sole authority of the Gentiles, as stated in Galatians 2:9

9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

John 20:30,31
And truly Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book; but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.

John contains 8 signs (miracles) that prove that Jesus is the promised Messiah. So a person then can place their faith in Jesus for eternal life (life in His name),

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,541.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you trying to tell us there are two separate gospels? At least that's the only thing I can think of when you claim one is for believers and one for non believers.

If indeed you are trying to tell us that, where is it biblical there are two different Gospels and what are the differences?

Galatians 2 spells out in verse 7

7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

Do you agree with what this verse is stating? One is of the uncircumcised, one is of the circumcised.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,541.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John 20:30,31
And truly Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book; but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.

John contains 8 signs (miracles) that prove that Jesus is the promised Messiah. So a person then can place their faith in Jesus for eternal life (life in His name),

Still does not allow you to conclude that is for Jews and Gentiles. The promise of a Messiah was always only for the Jews.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Galatians 2 spells out in verse 7

7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

Do you agree with what this verse is stating? One is of the uncircumcised, one is of the circumcised.

Could you please just answer the question and point out whatever you feel the differences are? That way i know exactly where you stand.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you can't state clear differences in the gospels, I would say the following interpretation is more in line with what the bible meant, that is unless you have other evidence, as that one word there is simply not enough to change everything.

NIV
7 On the contrary, they recognized that I had been entrusted with the task of preaching the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been to the circumcised.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Eternal life
Still does not allow you to conclude that is for Jews and Gentiles. The promise of a Messiah was always only for the Jews.

Eternal life is given to anybody when they trust in The Messiah (Jesus the only begotten/unique Son of God) for eternal life.

That is a simple fact from the Bible.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,541.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you can't state clear differences in the gospels, I would say the following interpretation is more in line with what the bible meant, that is unless you have other evidence, as that one word there is simply not enough to change everything.

NIV
7 On the contrary, they recognized that I had been entrusted with the task of preaching the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been to the circumcised.

I see you would rather take the NIV than the KJV, okay then. We tend to interpret the bible based on how we were taught in the churches we go to.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,541.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Eternal life

Eternal life is given to anybody when they trust in The Messiah (Jesus the only begotten/unique Son of God) for eternal life.

That is a simple fact from the Bible.

Trust what about Jesus, that he is the promised Messiah and the Son of God?

Do you really believe that gospel is for the Gentiles? What did the Apostle Paul tells us in his church letters?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Trust what about Jesus, that he is the promised Messiah and the Son of God?

Do you really believe that gospel is for the Gentiles? What did the Apostle Paul tells us in his church letters?

Yes i completely believe for any person believing that Jesus is the promised Messiah (unique/ only begotten son of God) and trust in The Messiah for eternal life they are given eternal life.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0