• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

The good voice.

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

I hear a good voice in my head that constantly witnesses to me. He says if I believe and repent I will be saved.

My question is, is that true? Will I be saved if I just repent and believe? Is that all I have to do?

Thanks,

SnowTiger

Indeed believe in Jesus as your Messiah and repent of wrong - time and again - and you will be saved time and again.

Acts 16:31 says "They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.

Romans 10:13 "for,Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”"

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi,

I hear a good voice in my head that constantly witnesses to me. He says if I believe and repent I will be saved.

My question is, is that true? Will I be saved if I just repent and believe? Is that all I have to do?

Thanks,

SnowTiger
As long as you have been baptized. Yes repent daily and love the Lord your God with all your heart and soul and mind and spirit.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes it’s true. But don’t have a lifestyle of sin. Being sincerely sorry and turning away from your sin brings restoration. When you feel that evil be angry and sin not. Then get out of there, ha. But fight it too.

Upvote 0

Job405

Jesus Christ Matters
Site Supporter
May 17, 2020
Uusimaa
✟121,390.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can anyone else tell me if I believe and repent will I be saved?

Thanks,

SnowTiger
Yes the word "repent" in Greek is "metanoia", which means to have a change of mind. In Hebrew "repentance" means to "return". So you should have a change of mind, believe on the gospel of Jesus Christ and trust in Him for your salvation, because He is the author and finisher of our faith. What is the gospel of Jesus Christ? That Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, was born of a virgin, lived a perfect sinless life, died on the cross for your sins and was raised from the dead on the third day. Now that you have believed on Jesus, and accepted God's free gift of salvation, you are reconciled to Him and you're now able to return to Him, approach His throne with boldness.

As a new Christian you will get the Holy Spirit, He will give you a new heart and new desires. You should also turn from your sins out of love to God, and live a holy life. But we are only saved by God's grace through faith in His only begotten Son Jesus Christ, not through works of the Mosaic law. We should however honor the law but we are not required to keep it as the Jews did, we're under a new covenant of grace. Just follow your conscience, which often is the Holy Spirit convicting you of sin.

I hope this helps!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, it seems that repentance would be for a change from a life of sin and to return to the Lord. But my sins are often maybe needing an I’m sorry for falling short- an occasional mistake. More serious for repentance. I could turn from them and back to the Lord and return to His grace. But if I’ve never left. Just a quick U ey. I express my sorrow and return by His side or something. Repent of my walking away all day and being headstrong and return. I still feel repentance is best. Such a blessing to return and get close and start over.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi,

Thanks,

SnowTiger
That is all you have to do but you have to try your hardest not to return to the sin. You must be baptized as well. Because the churches today are in a position of being corrupted, I was worried that my first baptism didn't " take" whether it be because they didn't do it right, or something went wrong so I went to a different church and did it again! Since then the Holy Spirit has been weighing on me hard! Like a guy came to my place to buy a swamp cooler I had, and I needed the money so I was pushing the sale and saying " Oh it worked great last summer", and " Ive had it for about a year." Truth is I had just gotten it to sell for my friend so the Holy Spirit was saying LIAR after I said those things. It startled me because I have always been a good salesperson ( which made me realize I was becoming a good liar!) I didn't even see it. Like to me it was just making a sale.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums