Albuquerque
✟36,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
There are American Nazis, and they have more influence in the republican party than they had in the past, but even most white supremacists don't overtly support them. They use dog whistles to avoid exposing that connection, like the Nazi symbol used in a set design for CPAC

Only in your imagination.

Note the officer's lapel. I suspect that intent wasn't known even to many of the organizers of the event; likely one or more of them just put it in, knowing that the people who would know about it, would get the message.

Nazis, huh. That's what all the Communists call me. Amazing Democrats would say that, being the party of mass murder by abortion, euthanasia, etc.

Today's Nazis are leftists who censor opposing political thought (even Mexico and Russia were appalled by that) and who launched a Deep State coup attempt, which was the biggest threat to our way of life since Pearl Harbor.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟72,332.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
In Nazi Germany, just like slavery times and abortion now, a class of citizens was considered less than human and therefore expendable property, all for the good of society of course.
The "class of citizens" that were treated in a way comparable with slavery were prisoners and forced-labor workers (in the early war times, some dupes voluntarily came to work in Germany, but most of the Fremdarbeiter and Ostarbeiter were forced to work there).
If you think of Jews, they were not seen as "expendable property", but as enemies or a pest. As Hitler wrote in Mein Kampf, the "irrational" antisemitism (here and there a pogrom, some Jews are killed, but then the situation calms down again) should be replaced by what he called "rational" antisemitism: without unnecessary cruelty, kill all Jews and so exterminate this "race" from earth. As to "unnecessary cruelty", the Holocaust was a deviation from that, but as to extermination, only the defeat of Nazi Germany stopped it. The only connection to slavery can be seen in the "extermination through labor" program - but slave holders typically do not want to exterminate their property.

To compare this with abortion is somewhat unfair. When abortion was absolute illegal, some women committed suicide before their illegitimate child was born. "Pro-life" cannot be restricted to anti-abortion, it always has to include help for pregnant women in distress.

Upvote 0

East of Eden

Feb 20, 2021
Albuquerque
✟36,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The "class of citizens" that were treated in a way comparable with slavery were prisoners and forced-labor workers (in the early war times, some dupes voluntarily came to work in Germany, but most of the Fremdarbeiter and Ostarbeiter were forced to work there).
If you think of Jews, they were not seen as "expendable property", but as enemies or a pest. As Hitler wrote in Mein Kampf, the "irrational" antisemitism (here and there a pogrom, some Jews are killed, but then the situation calms down again) should be replaced by what he called "rational" antisemitism: without unnecessary cruelty, kill all Jews and so exterminate this "race" from earth. As to "unnecessary cruelty", the Holocaust was a deviation from that, but as to extermination, only the defeat of Nazi Germany stopped it. The only connection to slavery can be seen in the "extermination through labor" program - but slave holders typically do not want to exterminate their property.

The commonality was both the unborn and Jews were considered less than fully human, certainly not made in God's image. Nazis demonized a race, the left demonizes economic classes.

To compare this with abortion is somewhat unfair. When abortion was absolute illegal, some women committed suicide before their illegitimate child was born. "Pro-life" cannot be restricted to anti-abortion, it always has to include help for pregnant women in distress.

Pro life groups have a standing offer to rescue every baby saved from abortion, and to assist the mothers.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You ignored the contrary facts I posted.

You posted an assertion, but no facts. What do you have?

If they're such a gold mine, why doesn't Mexico want these illegals?

Apparently, they do. Unemployment has been declining in Mexico for years. The issue is, they can get paid more, here.

(Trump's massive tax cuts and increased spending ballooned the debt)

No, you don't get it. It's really not hard. Suppose you make $50,000 a year, spending $45,000.

Then, you decide to cut your hours so you earn $40,000 a year, and you start spending $55,000 a year. What happens? It's really that simple. Cut income, raise spending and debt results.

BudgetDeficit.png

Looks like Obama has everyone beat.

Reducing the deficit every year but one. Yep. As showed you, Trump did the opposite, increasing the deficit every year. Obama took office after the Great Recession hit, and his management turned things upward, again. Trump just put us back in the hole.

His 'stimulous' plan was mostly a payoff to his union cronies.

Odd, then that GDP rose steadily on Obama's watch. The economy grew at a healthy pace, even into the Trump years at first. Then Trump botched that,too.

Tell me how you'd cut Social Security. Medicare? I'm interested in your ideas.

First make none of it available to illegals.

Too late. It's already unavailable to illegal immigrants:
SSI Spotlight on SSI Benefits for Aliens

You see, illegals pay into the system, but they don't get anything out. They also pay into IRS. How? For some reason, the IRS will permit illegal aliens to pay taxes. So will the social security administration. Go figure.

As you just learned, illegal immigrants have a net positive effect on wages.
201302_blog_alex142.jpg

The net value is the last set of bars labled "All." As you see, most people make higher wages because of illegal immigrants.

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟72,332.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
They use dog whistles to avoid exposing that connection, like the Nazi symbol used in a set design for CPAC
Note the officer's lapel.
It's not the same. The "odal" identical with the structure at CPAC is like this: Datei:Runic letter othalan.svg This is the same shape as the modern sign of a sergeant major (Hauptfeldwebel) of the modern German Army. Datei:LD B 33 Hauptfeldwebel.svg

The "odal" of this SS-uniform has two extra hooks. It shows he was part of the office for race and settlement.

What you posted looks almost like witch-hunting.

Upvote 0

East of Eden

Feb 20, 2021
Albuquerque
✟36,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟72,332.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Pro life groups have a standing offer to rescue every baby saved from abortion, and to assist the mothers.
I hope all of them do this. I know they do in Germany, and certainly groups in the USA do the same. But what about politicians? Do those who "stand pro-life" support sexual education in public schools (lest uninformed teenagers get pregnant without suspecting they can by her secret activity), do they offer help for unmarried women (lest an unmarried pregnant woman thinks abortion is the better "help")?

BTW, I attend an annual pro-life march in Berlin if I am there (and not ín the country of my wife) at that day.

Upvote 0

East of Eden

Feb 20, 2021
Albuquerque
✟36,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I hope all of them do this. I know they do in Germany, and certainly groups in the USA do the same. But what about politicians? Do those who "stand pro-life" support sexual education in public schools (lest uninformed teenagers get pregnant without suspecting they can by her secret activity),

That's sort of like telling an underage driver how to drive, I'm not aware of that reduce sexual activity.

do they offer help for unmarried women (lest an unmarried pregnant woman thinks abortion is the better "help")?

BTW, I attend an annual pro-life march in Berlin if I am there (and not ín the country of my wife) at that day.

Good for you. I have marched in the DC pro-life event.

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟72,332.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Was that a good thing, whatever Hitler's motives?

Hitler was very kind to animals, also. He was a vegetarian, because he couldn't bear the thought of animals being hurt. Weird, disturbed person he was.

I've already said I donate to such groups.

Which is alright. Would you consider spending a little time doing some of their outreach?

So the government shouldn't have done anything about slavery?

It didn't (couldn't) until the Constitution was amended. Might be the only way we could do it legally. Meantime, we have to keep working on what's working. And that is persuading people to not abort their babies.

And that also means that we need to emphasize not getting pregnant before it's the right time for each person. Complicated issue. And unfortunately, coercion and government heavy-handedness can backfire as in the abstinence-only approach that actually resulted in more pregnancies.

Teaching an abstinence-only approach to sex education in the US has a perverse effect, according to a new meta-analysis.

In an effort to identify the relationship between federal funding of sex education and the adolescent birth rate, researchers looked at pregnancy rates for women aged 15 to 19 between 1998 and 2016. The findings concluded that abstinence-only education is ineffective in decreasing teenage pregnancies.

According to the study, published in the American Journal of Public Health, funding for abstinence-only education “had no effect on adolescent birth rates overall.”

Rather, in conservative states, researchers found the education contributed to an increase in teenage pregnancies.
Abstinence-only sex ed can increase teen pregnancy rates, study finds

People are complicated beings and often, coercive or manipulative attempts to control behavior will have unintended consequences.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Not just women, but also other "races." Ironically, German Jews were genetically more like other Germans than like any other population.

It was an insane time, I Darwin's ideas helped, he of the book of the 'favored races'.

You're thinking of the wrong book. On the Origin of Species had nothing to say about humans. The "favored races" in the title would be "species" today. It didn't mean humans. Indeed, Darwin scandalized creationists of the time by asserting that if you took a group of "savages" to England, in a few generations,they 'd be just like Englishmen.

Darwin was opposed by people like Agassiz (who was a brilliant man, but a hard core creationist and a racist) who argued that Europeans and Africans were different species, and Africans were not the descendants of Adam and Eve. In the day, creationists were usually polygenists, who thought different sorts of humans were different species.
Polygenism

Not all of them, however. Samuel Wilberforce, a severe critic of Darwin (who lost a famous debate with Joseph Huxley) was entirely in agreement with Darwin in opposing slavery and considering all humans to be a single species.

Darwin's jingoism was, as you probably have guessed by now, cultural, not biologically-based. He thought, as most of his fellow Europeans did, that Europeans were the acme of civilization.

Darwin's book On the Descent of Man is about his ideas of human evolution. Because we didn't have much in the way of transitional human fossils at the time, he really didn't say much about how we evolved. He was correct in his conclusion that anatomically modern humans first appeared in Africa, but he didn't go much beyond that.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The "odal" of this SS-uniform has two extra hooks. It shows he was part of the office for race and settlement.

The runes occasionally had serifs like that. It's not original with the Nazis.
o.jpg

What you posted looks almost like witch-hunting.

There's an issue you might not know. Many white nationalist people are fed up with Christianity, and have become "Odinists." It's a superstitious modern interpretation of Scandinavian myths. And that symbol is often used by them. And yes, it's borrowed from the Nazi movement. American nazis have banned the swastika, replacing it with the Odal rune:

"The NSM will be ceasing public use of the swastika effective Nov. 5th, 2016. Our flags and banners now bear the Odal Rune, and our patches will soon follow suit. To some this may seem a major change, as we have fought long and hard under the swastika for decades. This change is not up for debate, nor was it done on a whim. The Party Leadership has every intention to bring our Party, our Leaders, our Members and Supporters into the halls of Government here in the United States, and to do that we must reach more of the public. The masses believe exactly as we do, but have steered clear of us due to our use of the swastika. Your Party Platform remains the same, your Party remains unchanged, it is a cosmetic overhaul only." (emphasis mine)
banner2.jpg

Bizarre, bold reason America’s white supremacists just banned swastika

Another step for the party to become mainstream.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Nazis, huh. That's what all the Communists call me.

See above. I imagine a lot of people at CPAC, like you, are wondering how that symbol got built in their meeting.

Today's Nazis are leftists

See above. They identify with the right. That's not new.
"I just feel more comfortable in the republican party."
American Nazi leader David Duke (then a parish republican party chairman in Louisiana)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Obviously you didn't read the facts I sent, did you? What a waste this thread is.

From the conservative Cato Institute:

Since 1911, large nationwide federal immigration commissions have asked whether immigrants are more crime-prone than native-born Americans and each one of them answered no, even when the rest of their reports unjustifiably blamed immigrants for virtually every problem in the United States.
Cato scholars have since published numerous Immigration Research and Policy Briefs to shed light on this topic. Michelangelo Landgrave, a doctoral student in political science at the University of California, Riverside, and I released a paper today that estimates that illegal immigrant incarceration rates are about half those of native-born Americans in 2017. In the same year, legal immigrant incarceration rates are then again half those of illegal immigrants. Those results are similar to what Landgrave and I published for the years 2014 and 2016. We estimated illegal immigrant incarceration rates by using the same residual method that demographers use to estimate the number of illegal immigrants in the United States, only we also applied that method to the prison population. We used the same method to also find that the incarceration rate for young illegal immigrants brought here as children and theoretically eligible for deferred action is slightly below those of native-born Americans.
If anything, Texas is more serious about enforcing laws against illegal immigrant criminals than other states. But even here, illegal immigrant conviction rates are about half those of native-born Americans – without any controls for age, education, ethnicity, or any other characteristic. The illegal immigrant conviction rates for homicide, larceny, and sex crimes are also below those of native-born Americans.

Illegal Immigrants and Crime – Assessing the Evidence

Other studies have confirmed these facts.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.