Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If that is the case, I for one am very disappointed.

Also it's true, I haven't been to the coast lately but last I saw there still was one.

Revelation 21:1

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,115.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
If that is the case, I for one am very disappointed.

Also it's true, I haven't been to the coast lately but last I saw there still was one.

Revelation 21:1

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea.

Oh, so you read it literally then? Do you think it is meant to be read like that?

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,115.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The part about the sea? I do, absolutely, why not?

Oh, so some parts are meant to be read literally while others not? Isnt that picking and choosing what suits your view?

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh, so some parts are meant to be read literally while others not? Isnt that picking and choosing what suits your view?

:eek:
Dude!, take it easy, why do you think I deserve that accusation, I honestly have no idea?? :) Talk about out of the blue.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was only asking a question.

Seemed a bit more than that to me...oh well

After reviewing it, it was a veiled at best accusation, and the animosity was clear.

No matter, just wondered where it came from but if you'd rather not say..

On your post:

Yes, some parts of the bible are meant to be taken literally and some are not, just like in any conversation anyone might have that has nothing to do with the bible, that's just the way it is.

Yes, I choose to pick out what is to be taken literally and what is not in order to properly respond to any conversation, I mean you do want a proper response, correct? If we pay attention to context, we don't have to choose what suits our view, as generally all will see what is and what isn't literal as the same. It would be dishonest to pick and choose to suit my view, not to mention, since, as i say, people generally agree if literal or not as long as they keep up with the context, so if we change that for our own purposes, we would most definitely get caught.

TMI? Sure is, much more than I wanted to get into on the subject but it seemed necessary. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0