The gloves come off at Democratic Debate

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sanders denies having said what he's been accused of saying.

Warren claims he said it.

Warren also claimed to be Native American until her own DNA gave her away.

I know who I believe in this matter.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist

Sanders and Warren are competing for the same Democratic voter - the problem is that only one candidate will emerge from this campaign and what role will any personal animosity between the 2 decide as to where the supporters of the loser will decide to shift their loyalties or collectively just sit out the election!

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Sanders and Warren are competing for the same Democratic voter - the problem is that only one candidate will emerge from this campaign and what role will any personal animosity between the 2 decide as to where the supporters of the loser will decide to shift their loyalties or collectively just sit out the election!
It is incredibly far fetched to think that warren or sanders fans would sit out the election. The left is absolutely unified around voting Trump out. Bernie fans also like Warren and vice versa.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
It is incredibly far fetched to think that warren or sanders fans would sit out the election. The left is absolutely unified around voting Trump out. Bernie fans also like Warren and vice versa.
That may be true but that doesn't guarantee that the supporters of the loser would feel compelled to switch allegiances to the other "progressive" Democratic candidate, to whom they are most ideologically aligned!

Should the animosity between Sanders and Warren continue, their supporters of the first candidate eliminated could conceivably switch to Biden or "Mayor Pete" who are much more "centrist!"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That may be true but that doesn't guarantee that the supporters of the loser would feel compelled to switch allegiances to the other "progressive" Democratic candidate, to whom they are most ideologically aligned!

huh? People who prefer Bernie will vote for him in the primary, and people who prefer Liz will vote for her. If, by cha

Should the animosity between Sanders and Warren continue, their supporters of the first candidate eliminated could conceivably switch to Biden or "Mayor Pete" who are much more "centrist!"

So you’re backing off of your claim that they’d sit out the election and changing it to they’d vote for Biden?

Nobody I know is going to do that. Progressives see this for what it is.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Warren is a slime. She claims he said this in 2018, and now that she may be losing some steam she leaks it.

I personally find her more in the liar camp myself in this circumstance. I just can't see Bernie claiming such a thing either.
Bernie may have said a woman couldn't beat Trump in the current climate.
I'd have to know what was said in the original context. Bernie might have meant one thing and Warren took it wrong.
They need to talk about it but one thing for sure is they are both getting extra publicity out of it, especially when people and media make exaggerate statements about what happened during the debates. It also brings attention to the debates.

Upvote 0