The gift of healing is for today for every believer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

davp

Mar 24, 2013
Adelaide
✟10,484.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Healing is you right as a son of God to be healed and heal others.
The healing like salvation is bought and paid for.
/QUOTE]

Sorry I don't really agree because of -
James 5:14-16 King James Version (KJV)
14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
If we all had the gift then we wouldn't need to do this! This also shows the proper process to follow.
how-ever the anointing oil is the anointing oil of Moses used to anoint kings, prophets, priests and also dis-infect the temple and temple instruments! Non believers must not be anointed with this oil! Their is strict rules to it use! But having said that its heb-7070 Calamus translation is wrong because of greek 2563 Calamos taken literary and should be a reed (cane) not actual Calamus!
This is a controversial topic right here, a time will come when the two witnesses (the two sons of oil) will clear up the full meaning of this!) Till then stay way from Calamus that plant is toxic! And don't bother with olive oil, the use of which is not found in new testament- as a use for a anointing oil for healing, except old testament use for skin conditions, which olive is is good for. I guess this is why the modern church came to a conclusion to use this! Also need to warn that Cassia is a blood thinner- to be used with caution and too much is harsh on the kidneys!

Upvote 0

Johnsloan

Feb 12, 2018
London
✟23,796.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Your post is a little confusing wonder if you could seperate what you think from scripture then tell me what you disagree with.

I dont use oil never have.

First things first I am niot sure what you dont agree with. Please be a little more specific when not agreeing.

Healing is for today and wheither you know it or not is fine. Not sure if thats what you dont agree with.

If you are saying its only for the elders. I dont know if you know what an elder is?
An elder today in the churches is just an office job,

The Elder we are looking at here is a person who is able and walking in the gift of healing thats is for all.

If we had the gift then we can indeed do it. Why would we not need healing if we have the gift of healing. Your comment make no sense?

What proper process? Your saying its wrong then saying there is a process?

Where are you getting all this about the oil? Who cares what the oil is?
Motor oil would do. Its not about the oil its about a man walking in faith who will get the job done.

Its only controvercial becaue you say it is and dont believe what God says.
Its simple

Last edited:
Upvote 0

davp

Mar 24, 2013
Adelaide
✟10,484.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your post is a little confusing wonder if you could seperate what you think from scripture then tell me what you disagree with.

I dont use oil never have.

First things first I am niot sure what you dont agree with. Please be a little more specific when not agreeing.

Healing is for today and wheither you know it or not is fine. Not sure if thats what you dont agree with.

If you are saying its only for the elders. I dont know if you know what an elder is?
An elder today in the churches is just an office job,

The Elder we are looking at here is a person who is able and walking in the gift of healing thats is for all.

Just trying to stay in line with the way scripture tells us to do healing, James 5:14-16 King James Version (KJV)
14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
So here it says for the elders to do the healings! Not some young christian, whom she or he thinks they know what they are doing, as happens today- therefore edifying the individual instead of edifying the church. But also it also so the church can also keep an eye on what is going on too. Because many false prophets are going out these days healing, driving out demons and performing miracles in the Lords name yet according to scripture Jesus says get away from me, I do not know you!
Trouble is the oil used today in churches is olive oil, how the church came to this, I have no idea, and considering we must test everything, including church practices, how do we know this olive oil is not a tradition handed down by men! Which we are also warned by scripture to watch out for.
I had spent a few years searching scriptures about healing, as I have witnessed to many times in many church false healings'. And worse I have seen people say I was healed of my headache, while the person with kidney disease dies etc.
But when asked why this is, the response is "it is the sovereignty of God", so we can't question it! This is rubbish! I believe personally that we don't know the answer to this because we haven't bother seeking it out! Scripture says seek and you shall find, ask and it shall be given, knock and the door shall be opened to you! This started me on a long journey of discovery, which I will cut down because of this blog! The anointing of James is the Moses anointing oil of exodus reserved for priests, prophets and kings. The reason Christians can be anointed is because we are under Christ his sons and daughters! Christ means anointed and Christians means anointed ones! It strictly is reserved though for us believers and must not be poured on non-believers. And a person whom makes the oil must not use it on themselves, quite strict instructions, what-ever it touches becomes sacred unto the Lord.
But the water gets murky because when I examined the recipe of the anointing oil, Cinnamon, Cassia, sweet calumus, myrrh and olive oil. I found that cassia is a blood thinner and must be used carefully or one can hemorrhage with to much and to much can harm the kidneys! Then also Calamus is also toxic especially the Indian version which probably what was used! So much so that it use was restricted to using just the roots! When I researched the Hebrew word, I found this is a mis-interpretation its word in Hebrew is Kanneh-bosem, This means reed or cane. This is where now I will probably loose credibility because it is controversial. Turns out it is Cannabis! I studied this much further and opened a whole new world of Government conspiracy of lies, big company greed, an understanding of the destroying of the earth by mans' pursuit of wealth! I suggest if I still have your attention at this stage you look up double blind pubmed studies, also research into the Cannabidiol system. CBD (non psycho-active compound of Cannabis) THC and cancer, CB1 and CB2 receptors and it's role with immune function. The true history of Marijuana.
Then realize that perhaps when the Two Witnesses of Revelation come (the two sons of oil) description also in Zechariah as two olive trees, will be dressed in Hemp cloth not goats hair as some scholars believe. Even perhaps even fine linen cloth made from hemp (white priestly garments). Research these things, even the reeds height of the man in linen cloth's height is similar to the height of hemp, not flax!
These are just a few things, but if you go down this path you will be persecuted, you been warned.
See God uses both medicine and miracles to heal, example why did Jesus take soil and mix it with spit to put in the blind mans eyes! He could of healed him by word alone could he not! Or tell the seven lepers to go an wash in the river, then present themselves to the temple priests. These are just a few of many examples and shows the wisdom of God.

-
Hosea 4:6

“My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.”

Upvote 0

Johnsloan

Feb 12, 2018
London
✟23,796.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just trying to stay in line with the way scripture tells us to do healing, James 5:14-16 King James Version (KJV)
So here it says for the elders to do the healings! Not some young christian, whom she or he thinks they know what they are doing, as happens today- therefore edifying the individual instead of edifying the church. But also it also so the church can also keep an eye on what is going on too.
Where do you read in all your studys on healing, that age is a factor? I dont know what your studying or where. But age has nothing to do with healing or the position of being an elder.
All the elder is. Is someone who is acting like Christ and getting people healed. No where does scripture tell you its only for old men or woman.
Where does scripture say you must mature to be able to lay hands on the sick? It doesnt. Its not in scripture. The only hinderance to healing is YOU think there is one. Looking at your post you clearly think there are many hinderances. There aint none.
There all in your mind not bible. Not mine and certianly not Gods. You will not see healing acting and thinking like you do.

Because many false prophets are going out these days healing, driving out demons and performing miracles in the Lords name yet according to scripture Jesus says get away from me, I do not know you!

Jesus told you to leave then so why are you studying what false prophets do or dont do. Leave then alone.

Trouble is the oil used today in churches is olive oil, how the church came to this, I have no idea, and considering we must test everything, including church practices, how do we know this olive oil is not a tradition handed down by men! Which we are also warned by scripture to watch out for.
I dont care if its castor oil there using. The oil is nothing you are putting oil way above what God does.
This is what the pharasies do. You are under a new covanant. A better covanant. We dont need oil.
How mant times was Jesus throwing about the oil. He never. What about Peter and Paul. They dont splatter about the oil either. So if you going to stick with scripture as YOU said . Forget the oil.
What you gonna do when you see the sick and aint got no oil. Aw sorry not today man if only I had some oil God could heal you. That is so far from scripture. Its miles out.

I had spent a few years searching scriptures about healing, as I have witnessed to many times in many church false healings'.

Whats a false healing never heard of that?

And worse I have seen people say I was healed of my headache, while the person with kidney disease dies etc.
Why is it worse? At least someone had faith enough to get a head ache healed. That someone has to start some where and praise God there started.
So what were you doing for the person with the kidney deasease? You obvoiusly never prayed for the head ache someone else done that? All I see you doing is maoning and doing nothing while you sit back like a pharasee, complianing about what never happened?

But when asked why this is, the response is "it is the sovereignty of God", so we can't question it! This is rubbish! I believe personally that we don't know the answer to this because we haven't bother seeking it out! Scripture says seek and you shall find, ask and it shall be given, knock and the door shall be opened to you!

Correct this is rubbish. And the rest you said in this small part is also true. But did you notice it never said and mind take your oil or it wont work?

It also say and nothing shall be impossible to YOU. Yes you. Aw but I dont have any oil today Lord. NOthing shall be impossible to you. Nothing.

This started me on a long journey of discovery, which I will cut down because of this blog! The anointing of James is the Moses anointing oil of exodus reserved for priests, prophets and kings. The reason Christians can be anointed is because we are under Christ his sons and daughters! Christ means anointed and Christians means anointed ones! It strictly is reserved though for us believers and must not be poured on non-believers. And a person whom makes the oil must not use it on themselves, quite strict instructions, what-ever it touches becomes sacred unto the Lord.
But the water gets murky because when I examined the recipe of the anointing oil, Cinnamon, Cassia, sweet calumus, myrrh and olive oil. I found that cassia is a blood thinner and must be used carefully or one can hemorrhage with to much and to much can harm the kidneys! Then also Calamus is also toxic especially the Indian version which probably what was used! So much so that it use was restricted to using just the roots! When I researched the Hebrew word, I found this is a mis-interpretation its word in Hebrew is Kanneh-bosem, This means reed or cane. This is where now I will probably loose credibility because it is controversial. Turns out it is Cannabis! I studied this much further and opened a whole new world of Government conspiracy of lies, big company greed, an understanding of the destroying of the earth by mans' pursuit of wealth! I suggest if I still have your attention at this stage you look up double blind pubmed studies, also research into the Cannabidiol system. CBD (non psycho-active compound of Cannabis) THC and cancer, CB1 and CB2 receptors and it's role with immune function. The true history of Marijuana.
Then realize that perhaps when the Two Witnesses of Revelation come (the two sons of oil) description also in Zechariah as two olive trees, will be dressed in Hemp cloth not goats hair as some scholars believe. Even perhaps even fine linen cloth made from hemp (white priestly garments). Research these things, even the reeds height of the man in linen cloth's height is similar to the height of hemp, not flax!

These are just a few things, but if you go down this path you will be persecuted, you been warned.

Go down this path? Well come back you dont need to go down this path. I would recommend you forget this path if you want to see people healed. The oil has very very little to do with getting people healed.

I never used oil in my life ever when praying for the sick.

See God uses both medicine and miracles to heal, example why did Jesus take soil and mix it with spit to put in the blind mans eyes! He could of healed him by word alone could he not! Or tell the seven lepers to go an wash in the river, then present themselves to the temple priests. These are just a few of many examples and shows the wisdom of God.
So have you used soil or spit to heal anyone of anything. The lepers washing is more to do with there faith and acting than medicine.
No idea why Jesus done the soil and spit thing. One thing I do know. It never hinderd me.
and not using oil never hinderd me either.
-
Hosea 4:6
“My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.”

We are not under any law. So why do you quote a old cov law as if it is realevant to me today?
First thing I think you should do is study that you are not under the law. and you are under a new covanant.

There is one and only one reason we dont get people healed like they should be healed.

that is OUR LACK OF FAITH. There is no other reason than OUR lack of faith.
The person that got the person healed of a head ache is walking in faith . and now there is a growing into Chrost process. That can be fast or slow. Its up to you how fast you want to grow in Christ. IF you are getting taught correctly, and have an ear to hear.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

davp

Mar 24, 2013
Adelaide
✟10,484.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hey if you don't except my opinion then don't, that's ok, if some except that's ok. It was my own study on the matter, I spent quite a few years, but that does not mean I am right. I believe the elders ni James 5:14 means those mature in faith, not just aged persons! Anyway not worth arguing over, this defeats this blogs purpose, we can just agree to disagree.

Upvote 0

davp

Mar 24, 2013
Adelaide
✟10,484.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why is it worse? At least someone had faith enough to get a head ache healed. That someone has to start some where and praise God there started.
So what were you doing for the person with the kidney deasease? You obvoiusly never prayed for the head ache someone else done that? All I see you doing is maoning and doing nothing while you sit back like a pharasee, complianing about what never happened?

I have decided to reply to what you said above, because this is not true, and will defend myself-
-The guy with kidney disease had tried for years to get healed, many churches, many visiting faith healers, nothing! So I decided to donate my kidney. But latter found my mothers sister died of kidney failure. So doctors would not except my kidney because of family history! So I didn't stop there and decided to study about healings. After reading the James scripture decided to make the Moses anointing myself but with the original calamus recipe. It was expensive, at my own cost. I took it to our church and had the leaders go to pray for him and anoint him with the oil. When one of the leaders decided to rant and say "see this oil this is what I think of this, as he threw it down, then said, it is in the name of Jesus he is healed". I didn't care as long as he is healed. Guess what, wasn't healed! That what sent me on this whole debarkle in the first place. So you are wrong calling me a Pharisee, I believe I went above and beyond, because faith should always be based in truth!

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I asked God for healing often but, I always add If It Be Your Will.

I think I have no power in myself for healing others but, I can call on God and leave it up to him.

M-Bob

Last edited:
Reactions: davp
Upvote 0

Johnsloan

Feb 12, 2018
London
✟23,796.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey if you don't except my opinion then don't, that's ok, if some except that's ok. It was my own study on the matter, I spent quite a few years, but that does not mean I am right. I believe the elders ni James 5:14 means those mature in faith, not just aged persons! Anyway not worth arguing over, this defeats this blogs purpose, we can just agree to disagree.
No mate youe either right or wrong. I know what works and I know what doesnt work. You studied healing scriptures for years .
Thats great.
What have you done with the knowledge you gatherd. Have you done what your called to do?
Do you lay hands on the sick or not? If yes where are your testimonys? Please share them.
And yes it means mature in +Faith. Faith moves the mountian not oil.

Upvote 0

Johnsloan

Feb 12, 2018
London
✟23,796.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I have decided to reply to what you said above, because this is not true, and will defend myself-
-The guy with kidney disease had tried for years to get healed, many churches, many visiting faith healers, nothing! So I decided to donate my kidney. But latter found my mothers sister died of kidney failure. So doctors would not except my kidney because of family history! So I didn't stop there and decided to study about healings. After reading the James scripture decided to make the Moses anointing myself but with the original calamus recipe. It was expensive, at my own cost. I took it to our church and had the leaders go to pray for him and anoint him with the oil. When one of the leaders decided to rant and say "see this oil this is what I think of this, as he threw it down, then said, it is in the name of Jesus he is healed". I didn't care as long as he is healed. Guess what, wasn't healed! That what sent me on this whole debarkle in the first place. So you are wrong calling me a Pharisee, I believe I went above and beyond, because faith should always be based in truth!
Sorry mate to be the one to call you out on this. What you did was very admirable.
Faith moves the mountian nothing else. If hes not healed its because of a lack of faith. The deciples lacked faith and so do we. Its a growing into Christ for us. So the truth has nothing to do with your oil or how much it cost you. Sorry. The biblical facts are this and nothing else. Believers will lay hands on the sick and they will be healed. are you a believer? So for get the elders and you go lay hands on the sick.
If they dont get healed keep going and dont stop. If you are defending your self you are living for self. If you are dead to self. Then Christ is your defender. You should not need to defend yourdelf as your ment to be dead to self.

Upvote 0

Johnsloan

Feb 12, 2018
London
✟23,796.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I asked God for healing often but, I always add If It Be Your Will.

I think I have no power in myself for healing others but, I can call on God and leave it up to him.

M-Bob
And why would you do that when it is always Gods will to heal. His name is God that heals. What He does for one, He will do for another. So why do you think you are different to any other.
This is coming from a lack of understanding what God has done through Christ.
The churchs have a lot of misunderstanding in them.

Please show one scripture where God says maybe I will maybe I wont. What kinds a god is that? Evil?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

davp

Mar 24, 2013
Adelaide
✟10,484.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry mate to be the one to call you out on this. What you did was very admirable.
Faith moves the mountian nothing else. If hes not healed its because of a lack of faith. The deciples lacked faith and so do we. Its a growing into Christ for us. So the truth has nothing to do with your oil or how much it cost you. Sorry. The biblical facts are this and nothing else. Believers will lay hands on the sick and they will be healed. are you a believer? So for get the elders and you go lay hands on the sick.
If they dont get healed keep going and dont stop. If you are defending your self you are living for self. If you are dead to self. Then Christ is your defender. You should not need to defend yourdelf as your ment to be dead to self.

Yes, I agree Faith moves the mountain, especially from the backs of the sick and oppressed.
Isaiah 10:
27And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And why would you do that when it is always Gods will to heal. His name is God that heals. What He does for one, He will do for another. So why do you think you are different to any other.
This is coming from a lack of understanding what God has done through Christ.
The churchs have a lot of misunderstanding in them.

Please show one scripture where God says maybe I will maybe I wont. What kinds a god is that? Evil?

Paul of all great Christians prayed to have the pain in his side healed but, yet it was not.

You have no power and it's strictly up to God who gets healed and who doesn't. Otherwise no praying Christian would ever die.
Come on now.

PS -- who are you to say I do not understand what Jesus has done for me? Acting pretty puffed up there!

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Johnsloan

Feb 12, 2018
London
✟23,796.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul of all great Christians prayed to have the pain in his side healed but, yet it was not.

You have no power and it's strictly up to God who gets healed and who doesn't. Otherwise no praying Christian would ever die.
Come on now.
M-Bob
Oh really Paul was in pain from the beatings not sickness.
I see you never brought a scripture backing up your claims.
Your actully twisting what the scripture says Please dont do that. If you are going to quote Gods word get it right. Or dont quote it at all.
Pual never asked for the apin to be removed. Please go back and try and prove your point with the actual verse. Do you not realise how serious a thing Gods word is?

Scripture does not say Paul had a sickness. That was you not God. Ming who your arguing with now. It aint me.

Upvote 0

Johnsloan

Feb 12, 2018
London
✟23,796.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I agree Faith moves the mountain, especially from the backs of the sick and oppressed.
Isaiah 10:
27And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing.
And the rest of my post? And all you siad in your post? Thats all you got to say?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

davp

Mar 24, 2013
Adelaide
✟10,484.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Come on now.

PS -- who are you to say I do not understand what Jesus has done for me? Acting pretty puffed up there!

M-Bob

I totally agree with you, I actually said this at a church once when a travelling preacher, preached a message that all sickness was to do with sin! And the reason people are not healed is because they haven't repented. I re-acted strongly and was yelling out, what about Paul! And a christian lady in front of me was trying to drown me out with her "praise God, Praise God!" I left the church after that preaching. Six months latter that particular woman died of breast cancer, my wife actually visited her in hospital. It terrifies when people say some of the things they say and put burdens on the poor, widows, sick or afflicted because God defends them it is written so! I fear for the person that God will also inflict them with the same fate!

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God has given us all authority under heaven and earth wakey wakey read your bible

Can we ask of you to come to Children's Hospital and do some healing?

That is your claim correct?
(You) have some power?

If wrong clarify?

M-Bob

Reactions: davp
Upvote 0

davp

Mar 24, 2013
Adelaide
✟10,484.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus commended the good Samaritan whom treated the wounded mans wounds with oil and wine and paid for the mans' lodging till he got better. The Pharisees and Seducees stayed clear of the man and said God bless you, without even crossing the street to the man. Oil and wine was even used as a medicine even in China for thousands of years bc. Before battles in the bible, they would stock up on oil and wine! It use is an anesthetic and anti-bacterial. The roman soldiers would treat the wounds of their horses after battle with hemp bandages, that was the only medicine they would receive! Jesus Prophesied when he spoke of the five virgins whom will not keep their oil with their lamps. I prayed to the Lord if Cannabis was part of the anointing oil I would need him to have me find some. I found some that very afternoon while walking my dog in a park on the ground. When I took some immediately my spasmed muscles in my back relaxed! I could no longer take opiates because they had ruined my stomach! I also had a blood pressure of 190 over 180 because of chronic pain not to mention being detained in hospital from the mental stress of living with chronic pain! After three weeks of taken Cannabis as a medicine my blood pressure lowered to 120 over 80. My doctor witnessed this and was amazed! I haven't been to the doctors for about three years now. I was going weekly and visits to hospital almost monthly! People think I don't have faith but God and I know different! I have been persecuted many years because of this testimony and will continue to do so. I choose to trash my reputation so as people know the truth! But very few listen or understand, nothing has changed for thousands of years! I have seen many that say they are Jesus disciples but are not! God works in my life just fine! He even miraculously had strangers give me an engagement ring for my wife because I could not afford one, their little girl told the mother that God told her to tell her to do it. One day will will all stand before the Lord and many will be shocked when the truth is made known and it will all be made known!

• Agree
Reactions: Heart2Soul
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.