The gift of healing is for today for every believer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnsloan

Feb 12, 2018
London
✟23,796.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Healing is you right as a son of God to be healed and heal others.
The healing like salvation is bought and paid for.

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

1 Peter 2:21 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Its not stripes its actully singular stripe.

Jewish law on the whipping process.

So God calls us sons not sinners. We been told far to long and far to wrong that we are sinners and always will be on the earth.
God calls believers holy santified sons and joint aires with Christ.
We are ment to fully represent Christ. Cant do that if your a sinner. Your not a sinner. You may well sin, as you may well not be walking fully in the spirit. We know. But far to many want to wave the filthy sinner flag and there can be pride in that. Oh I am the worst sinner. Stop it.
Believers are no filthy sinners. You are worth the blood of Christ. Thats why He paid it.

• Agree
Reactions: rockytopva

Johnsloan

Feb 12, 2018
London
✟23,796.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
63 Christians read this and one like. Not a single amen. what is wrong do most not believe this is a fact?
Not a single God is good. not a single thank you Jesus. For your back being torn to shreads for us.
The reason I said Jewish law whipping laws.
The fact is its singuar because the law is that not one part of you flesh in your whole naked body will be left with a square bigger than one inch. And not a single thank you jesus for going through that for me. I cant believe this. Its difficult to take in that not one amen or agrees or thanks Jesus.

He was stripped naked and humiliated. Not one square inch of His naked body was spared not one inch. Get that? King of kings. He calls you a king.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
I have long believed that healing is for today.

However, the law of Moses was designed to severely restrict vengeful punishment to that which was necessary for justice. So I have grave suspicions about your lurid description of the minute detail of Jesus's stripes. It only serves to detract from the plain and simple fact that it was his death that brought us life in all its fullness.

Upvote 0

Johnsloan

Feb 12, 2018
London
✟23,796.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have long believed that healing is for today.

However, the law of Moses was designed to severely restrict vengeful punishment to that which was necessary for justice. So I have grave suspicions about your lurid description of the minute detail of Jesus's stripes. It only serves to detract from the plain and simple fact that it was his death that brought us life in all its fullness.
Wonder if you can tell us how many times the law that was given to moses IE Gods law was changed as time passed. There was no justice in the law. The law brought death. The oly justice to be found was in Christ. And you clearly never ever done a study in this matter. So your opinion if fine in regard to the world. But you really should not add you opinion to Gods word.

It does not distract. It reaveals His love for you. You can call it a distraction if you like. I understand why you would think that. Its because you never understood what He done for you.

How could the whipping post not be lurid. I think once you do a study on this matter. You will realise its not my lurid discription.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Wonder if you can tell us how many times the law that was given to moses IE Gods law was changed as time passed.

There was no justice in the law. The law brought death. The oly justice to be found was in Christ.
No justice in the Law?
That's an astonishing statement to make and completely contradicting scripture.

Psalm19v7The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
The Law of Moses was a wonderful gift to the nation of Israel, a gift that set it apart from every other nation as regards Godly justice.

The nations of today whose laws were based in the Law of Moses (ie. largely the Anglo Saxon nations) have a far better track record of good justice than any other society.
And you clearly never ever done a study in this matter. So your opinion if fine in regard to the world. But you really should not add you opinion to Gods word.
You don't know what I have studied.
Your description of the whipping is just that, adding your opinion to God's word!
It does not distract. It reaveals His love for you. You can call it a distraction if you like. I understand why you would think that. Its because you never understood what He done for you.
You have no idea what I know or understand about the crucifixion or what God has shown me about the blood covenant Jesus freely made.
How could the whipping post not be lurid. I think once you do a study on this matter. You will realise its not my lurid discription.
Its your description below that goes well beyond scripture. You give no sources for others to check, and you make the mistake of quoting his torture was according to Jewish Law, when scripture plainly states that he was whipped under Roman Law.
You said.-
The fact is its singuar because the law is that not one part of you flesh in your whole naked body will be left with a square bigger than one inch. And not a single thank you jesus for going through that for me. I cant believe this. Its difficult to take in that not one amen or agrees or thanks Jesus.
Where in scripture do you get these details
You said.-
He was stripped naked and humiliated. Not one square inch of His naked body was spared not one inch. Get that? King of kings. He calls you a king.

The prime issue is that Jesus died and his blood was poured out. The method is not particularly relevant to the fact that he loved us and was willing to die for us.
The issue is death, because it is his death alone that counts, not the drawn out method used. In fact crucifixion was used by the Romans simply because it usually took many days for the victim to die, a frightening discouragement for miscreants. In Jesus case, it was over and done with in three hours!

The plain fact is that had Jesus been beheaded like John the Baptist, or faced a firing squad, then his blood would still have redeemed us from sickness, death, and eternal damnation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟43,594.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
100 views and I am shocked and wondering why no one cares enough to thank Jesus for what He done. I just dont get it?
As the question of Divine Healing is undoubtedly controversial, then I would not be surprised that many have decided to keep to the sidelines on this thread.

As for healing itself, this is certainly a part of the New Covenant but the complicated part is that healing is not something that we can simply claim, as it if were automatic nor as many are inclined to suggest, "Blab-and-grab".

Now we know that the Father decided that he would establish the Office/function of healings within the Church (1 Cor 12:28), where the Office was/is intended to operate within each local congregation up until the Lord returns; this implies that some are more equipped/empowered to allow the Holy Spirit to minister through them, whereas others are obviously not.

Upvote 0

Johnsloan

Feb 12, 2018
London
✟23,796.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No justice in the Law?
That's an astonishing statement to make and completely contradicting scripture.

Psalm19v7The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
The Law of Moses was a wonderful gift to the nation of Israel, a gift that set it apart from every other nation as regards Godly justice.

The nations of today whose laws were based in the Law of Moses (ie. largely the Anglo Saxon nations) have a far better track record of good justice than any other society.

You don't know what I have studied.
Your description of the whipping is just that, adding your opinion to God's word!

You have no idea what I know or understand about the crucifixion or what God has shown me about the blood covenant Jesus freely made.

Its your description below that goes well beyond scripture. You give no sources for others to check, and you make the mistake of quoting his torture was according to Jewish Law, when scripture plainly states that he was whipped under Roman Law.

Where in scripture do you get these details

The prime issue is that Jesus died and his blood was poured out. The method is not particularly relevant to the fact that he loved us and was willing to die for us.
The issue is death, because it is his death alone that counts, not the drawn out method used. In fact crucifixion was used by the Romans simply because it usually took many days for the victim to die, a frightening discouragement for miscreants. In Jesus case, it was over and done with in three hours!

The plain fact is that had Jesus been beheaded like John the Baptist, or faced a firing squad, then his blood would still have redeemed us from sickness, death, and eternal damnation.

I aint here to show how clever I am and prove you wrong or argue with you. Take what I said or leave it .
Thats fine. I dont need to prove you right or wrong. You dont agree thats ok.

Pontius pilot washed his hands of Christ deaths He was punished according to Jewish law. That acusations were from Jews because He, according to the Jews broke there law. He never broke any Roman laws and was punished at the whipping post for that. Just as they wanted. See your confused about the cross and the post. I aint talking about the Cross. I am talking about, as I said in my OP. The whipping post is where He paid for our healing. Not our sin.

I never noticed any sorces from you. If you have them please fell free to give them over. I will certianly look at them.

The plain fact is He was not beheaded so try and stick with what is a part of the discussion and forget anything else that has nothing to do with what I said. It helps keep things simple. As we can see already you are running off with things that have zero bearing on the subject. Thank you.

And lets not forget it was by His stripe that you are healed not His head cut off.
we are told not to add to scripture.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Johnsloan

Feb 12, 2018
London
✟23,796.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As the question of Divine Healing is undoubtedly controversial, then I would not be surprised that many have decided to keep to the sidelines on this thread.

As for healing itself, this is certainly a part of the New Covenant but the complicated part is that healing is not something that we can simply claim, as it if were automatic nor as many are inclined to suggest, "Blab-and-grab".

Now we know that the Father decided that he would establish the Office/function of healings within the Church (1 Cor 12:28), where the Office was/is intended to operate within each local congregation up until the Lord returns; this implies that some are more equipped/empowered to allow the Holy Spirit to minister through them, whereas others are obviously not.

According to you it is not something we can just claim. Its controversial because of statements like your one. You have no word from God saying that. You added that to scripture. That is where it really gets hurtfull when exposed. Theres a warning about adding or subtracting to or from scripture. Nothing complicated about healing. Its a fact and its paid for. Blab and grab is a horrific way to call Gods truth on the matter.

Gods word implies? Is that what it is to you? You have one scripture that implies?
Healing was available in the OC. We have a better covanant.
We have many scriptures telling us healing is for today . And you come with one scripture and make a doctrine out of it?

Why are others obviously not? What prove do you have that tells you obviously not?
There are far to many preachers that dont have any thruth on the matter and teach all manner of false teachings to back up what they think because of there experiances.
we do not go on experiances. we go on Gods word and NOTHING else.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟43,594.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Amazing how people love asking questions and asking for proof, but have difficulty answering questions or bring proof for there thoughts. Then disapear
Unfortunately, as you seem to have a bit of an aggressive manner, where you appear to only want to tell us what you think without engaging with the material presented to you then I suppose that some of us might think that any ongoing discussions might be a bit pointless - at least this is what I think.

As a newbie to CF, you should probably go at things a bit more gently.

Upvote 0

Johnsloan

Feb 12, 2018
London
✟23,796.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately, as you seem to have a bit of an aggressive manner, where you appear to only want to tell us what you think without engaging with the material presented to you then I suppose that some of us might think that any ongoing discussions might be a bit pointless - at least this is what I think.

As a newbie to CF, you should probably go at things a bit more gently.
Jesus ,Paul,John the baptist also had a bit of agressive manner. So I am in good company. I must have missed the material that was presented sorry. Could you bring it again?
I think you must have missed my post that show you have errors in your thinking of what YOU think scriptures is saying. I seen what you presented counterd what you presented. and you really dont have anything. I am fine if you dont have any thing to counter what I said. Sorry to see you so ready to walk away from a brother. You are ment to keep what you think prisoner. Before it becomes a monster.

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟43,594.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Jesus ,Paul,John the baptist also had a bit of agressive manner. So I am in good company.
So it seems that you feel that your are on the same level as Jesus, Paul and John the Baptist; this was not exactly a very well thought out reply on your part.

Maybe you should consider putting aside the aggressiveness for awhile, as this is a often valuable skill that is best utilsed by those with more experience than you currently have, where you should probably concentrate on the Fruit of the Spirit, which Jesus, Paul and John the Baptist also exhibited and hopefully you will consider exhibiting these traits as well.

Upvote 0

Johnsloan

Feb 12, 2018
London
✟23,796.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So it seems that you feel that your are on the same level as Jesus, Paul and John the Baptist; this was not exactly a very well thought out reply on your part.

Maybe you should consider putting aside the aggressiveness for awhile, as this is a often valuable skill that is best utilsed by those with more experience than you currently have, where you should probably concentrate on the Fruit of the Spirit, which Jesus, Paul and John the Baptist also exhibited and hopefully you will consider exhibiting these traits as well.
Please quote the aggresion thank you.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟733,159.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Healing is you right as a son of God to be healed and heal others.
The healing like salvation is bought and paid for.

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

1 Peter 2:21 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Its not stripes its actully singular stripe.

Jewish law on the whipping process.

So God calls us sons not sinners. We been told far to long and far to wrong that we are sinners and always will be on the earth.
God calls believers holy santified sons and joint aires with Christ.
We are ment to fully represent Christ. Cant do that if your a sinner. Your not a sinner. You may well sin, as you may well not be walking fully in the spirit. We know. But far to many want to wave the filthy sinner flag and there can be pride in that. Oh I am the worst sinner. Stop it.
Believers are no filthy sinners. You are worth the blood of Christ. Thats why He paid it.

I agree, healing is for today. In all parts of our life. Jesus is a healer.

Reactions: Johnsloan
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Johnsloan

Feb 12, 2018
London
✟23,796.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree, healing is for today. In all parts of our life. Jesus is a healer.
And He said these signs shall follow those who Believe.
Unfortunately most of the Christian world doesnt not Believe. So many hurt and sick because of out unbelief. And before anyone gets upset at me saying that. It wasnt me who said it God did.
See bless you brother that you believe.

Upvote 0

wendyanne

Nov 18, 2017
Melbourne
✟16,793.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
63 Christians read this and one like. Not a single amen. what is wrong do most not believe this is a fact?
Not a single God is good. not a single thank you Jesus. For your back being torn to shreads for us.
The reason I said Jewish law whipping laws.

I thank Jesus daily for willingly going to the Cross, even though He knew He would be abandoned by His disciples and yes, even the Father who cannot look upon sin. Jesus willingly went to the cross even though He knew He would be tortured beyond recognition. Jesus willingly went to the Cross even though He knew He would be ridiculed and spat on. Jesus went to the Cross even though He knew He would eventually be crucified. I thank you Jesus, for willingly going to the Cross in order to wash my past, present and future sins with your precious Blood. I praise you Jesus and seek your face. You are the blessed Hope and I keep looking to the sky for your return.:amen:

Reactions: GTW27
Upvote 0

Johnsloan

Feb 12, 2018
London
✟23,796.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I thank Jesus daily for willingly going to the Cross, even though He knew He would be abandoned by His disciples and yes, even the Father who cannot look upon sin. Jesus willingly went to the cross even though He knew He would be tortured beyond recognition. Jesus willingly went to the Cross even though He knew He would be ridiculed and spat on. Jesus went to the Cross even though He knew He would eventually be crucified. I thank you Jesus, for willingly going to the Cross in order to wash my past, present and future sins with your precious Blood. I praise you Jesus and seek your face. You are the blessed Hope and I keep looking to the sky for your return.:amen:
He went through all of that but it was two things He achieved. Your body healed. His brocked. Your sin removed. He nailed it to the cross like the smnke in the desert. Any thing hung on a pole is curssed by god. Sin and healing where dealt with Hence the Bread and wine blood and body.

Upvote 0

Johnsloan

Feb 12, 2018
London
✟23,796.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi John. Thank you for your post. It's a topical subject because almost every believer I know requires some form of physical healing. God Bless :)
Like James told us we are. Many are sick among you for lack of knowleage.
And also a lack of faith like the deciples had.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.