Visit site
✟735.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
It's time health went Federal. Medicare is federal, taxes are mostly federal, therefore the expenditure should be federal.

Very well said, fully agree with you. BUT? Which party will support us? Non!
I think some of the minor parties support this.

Upvote 0

tigercub

unbelievably fluffy
Site Supporter
May 8, 2006
Brisbane
Visit site
✟27,814.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
See I can't stand Julia Gillard, so that's why I'm NOT voting Labour lol.
........why is it you feel that way?

I have heard a few people say that, and when asked why, they usually mumble something along the lines of; "Oh...well...she doesn't have kids! She can't possibly know anything about families...."

:eek:

:doh:

Upvote 0

John Spong is wrong

Feb 13, 2005
Perth
Visit site
✟735.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens

I have heard a few people say that, and when asked why, they usually mumble something along the lines of; "Oh...well...she doesn't have kids! She can't possibly know anything about families...."

Yes, and there was also the cruel remark about her being 'deliberately barren'.

Upvote 0

norbie

Veteran
Jan 23, 2007
✟9,654.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yes, and there was also the cruel remark about her being 'deliberately barren'.
Just think about it, how much time politican realy got for their family? I think she got a very sensible aproach in this: you can't be a good mother when you are in politic.

Upvote 0

Neenie1

Senior Veteran
Feb 17, 2005
✟21,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It's got nothing to do with her not having children.

I just don't like her that's all.

Upvote 0

Neenie1

Senior Veteran
Feb 17, 2005
✟21,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just think about it, how much time politican realy got for their family? I think she got a very sensible aproach in this: you can't be a good mother when you are in politic.

Yes but you never hear anyone say that a man can't be a good father and be a politician.

Upvote 0

Neenie1

Senior Veteran
Feb 17, 2005
✟21,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You dislike someone for no reason....? Okaaaay....:scratch:

Seems a little unfair.

Some of her policies seem to be a little too feminist.

I am entitled to my opinion.

It may just be the way she comes across in the media, she may be a really nice person, but I am not a feminist so her policies don't really appeal to me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

norbie

Veteran
Jan 23, 2007
✟9,654.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Now for something very interesting!
let us count out the DIFFERENCE between the two major parties, I think we will not find many, but let's try it.
Example: the warmangers, Howards Iraq against Kevins Afganistan: no difference here for me.
WATER: Howard will just take away some water from the irrigation people - but Kevin also has no policy where he get's his water from.
So tell us if you can see a difference between this 2 parties, of course we have not much choice I think: to get Howard out we have to vote labour and hopefully they are a little more social minded: it's a shame to have billions of surplus - but have no hospital care, dental care, solar power, water and so on.:mad:

Upvote 0

Bamboo_Chicken

Once a Steffi, forever a Bamboo Chicken
Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2004
New South Wales
Visit site
✟39,912.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
To be honest, I'm not liking the idea of voting for Rudd or, eventually, Costello. Either of them leading a country scares me more than a little.

Norbie, I see very few differences between both parties. What I would like to know is where they are getting the money from with all of these plans and promises. What are they taking it away from.

Upvote 0
May 21, 2007
Australia
✟17,094.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It's too early for it anyway, the Liberal's dont even have any policy on their website. I really dislike how the system has gotten to bribing the voters who aren't interested in policy by sticking up something the voters will remember 2 weeks before the election campaign.

I know I won't be voting for Howard but I don't know who I'm voting for yet.

Upvote 0

DavinMochrie

Jan 12, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
✟2,495.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know I won't be voting for Howard but I don't know who I'm voting for yet.

Unfortunately the outcome will either be a Labor or Liberal led government.

If you don't want Howard to win, you will have to support labor, even if it's just in preferences.

Upvote 0

GrannieAnnie

Senior Veteran
Mar 27, 2007
Western Australia
✟18,813.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Regarding Julia Gillard......I was told she's very heavily in with the hard heads of the unions and her partner is ex con and not a real nice piece of work..... I couldn't care less if she has children or not, I don't think that comes into it. She's not my favourite person.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tigercub

unbelievably fluffy
Site Supporter
May 8, 2006
Brisbane
Visit site
✟27,814.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I think personal like or dislike of a politician has no relavance in an election. Well it shouldn't, anyway. :doh:

Just because someone has been to jail, they are a 'not real nice piece of work' now, after serving their time? :|

Methinks people are deciding to like or dislike a politician based on very little and very shakey reasons...usually reasons heard 'over the water-cooler' or in tabloid-esque newspapers. No one has given any factual reason to dislike Ms Gillard. More like gossip and gas-bagging. :doh:

That said; her personal life and my personal like or dislike of her doesn't even come into my decision to or not to vote for her party. It's irrelavant! :swoon:

Upvote 0

norbie

Veteran
Jan 23, 2007
✟9,654.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I think personal like or dislike of a politician has no relavance in an election. Well it shouldn't, anyway. :doh:

Just because someone has been to jail, they are a 'not real nice piece of work' now, after serving their time? :|

Methinks people are deciding to like or dislike a politician based on very little and very shakey reasons...usually reasons heard 'over the water-cooler' or in tabloid-esque newspapers. No one has given any factual reason to dislike Ms Gillard. More like gossip and gas-bagging. :doh:

That said; her personal life and my personal like or dislike of her doesn't even come into my decision to or not to vote for her party. It's irrelavant! :swoon:
Bravo to this! A great answer for us all: don't let private likes and dislikes come into an election!

Upvote 0

2writeabout

Sep 26, 2007
✟149.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
On Sunday evening was a program on SBS that was a documentary following a third grade class in a Chinese school experiencing democracy as 3 of their classmates ran for class monitor. It was an interesting watch - did anyone else see it? One of the things that stood out for me was the manipulation of their peers' voting preference through the use of bribes! A lot like the 'bribery' seen in pre-election times here in Australia. There's another in the series on tonight on SBS - this time democracy in action in one of the African nations. See what you think.

Upvote 0

norbie

Veteran
Jan 23, 2007
✟9,654.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Now here we have it again:
look in the other Thread were a little girl must have 3 Insulin injection a day - BUT we have billions of surplus money, couldn't the Government put a few millions immediatly into research?
The other day I was very disapointed from the Labour Party about their Tasmanian statement: agreed with Turnbul. Why couldn't they come out with something else to create employment, for example we havent got a Motorbike factory in Aussieland. So forget about the papermill and have our own Australian Motorbike, or our own 4 cylinder motor, shipbuilding could go to Tasmania and so on.

Upvote 0